TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Favre

All-Time NBA Roster Draft

My team doesn't really need anything, so we'll go with a little instant offense off the bench

534781813_3e5705c849_o.jpg

World B. Free

20 pts in 30 mpg over a 13 year career, 22+ in 8 consecutive seasons. Was second in the league in scoring to George Gervin in back to back seasons (78-79, 79-80). Great penetrator, regularly among league leaders in free throw attempts. 45-46 percent FG shooter on his career.

My guess is that either: A) He didn't do too much besides scoring (a la Reggie Theus, although he had decent assist numbers) or B) people forgot about him.

Honestly he was on my radar about two rounds ago, but I thought he didn't bring enough and I had too many guys already at his spot.

He's been on my radar the last few rounds, but i always ended up going with someone else. Had i been thinking at all i probably would have taken him instead of Brandon Roy.

Not sure why VX posted but didn't pick, but it's been 12 hours, so I'll round out my roster with another hard-nosed, defensive-oriented guy who can shoot, someone who can play the 3, a former Sixth Man of the Year...

mason0704.jpg

Anthony Mason, F

I couldn't find any pictures of him with something carved into his hair, so this'll have to do.

1025_large.jpg

GUS JOHNSON

Top notch defender who made the second team four times and the all defensive first team twice. Spectacular dunker, even for back in the day, he shattered three backboards in his career and could jump out of the gym. Great player to bring some energy and D off the bench. Unfortunately he passed away at only 48 from brain cancer.

I'm surprised this guy fell cause I was considering him like 5-6 rounds ago then I forgot about him, but with my final pick I select:

jamaal-wilkes.jpg

Jamaal Wilkes.

Very good championship swingman, who can do a little bit of everything.

3 Time All-Star

2 Time 2nd Team All-Defense

geo423.jpg

George Karl

- Missed the playoffs only once in his career (not counting 2 seasons where he got fired)

- Made the NBA finals with the Sonics

Most of my team can coach themselves really so they just need someone who's good at creating mismatches and doing timely substitutions which Karl was great at with the Sonics. His only downfall has been ego driven players or selfish shooters, I have none of those so he'll do a good coaching job I reckon.

My 13th round and final selection:

post-2806-1212689510_thumb.jpg

Jason Kapono/F

Has led the NBA 2 years in 3 PT % and is currently the all-time leader in said category. Mr. Kapono would probably rotate in on offense-defense substitutions at the end of the 2nd & 4th quarters.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh, I thought that I already had made my final selection. Okay, I'll make another one, no problem.

PH2007030300792.jpg

Jamal "Monster Mash" Mashburn

Career stats

Points 11,644

Assists 2,414

Steals 632

Career highlights and awards

* 1x NBA All-Star (2003)

* 1994 NBA All-Rookie First Team

Not a bad guy to have around, and he would've had a really great career had he not been limited by injuries.

C - Kevin Duckworth

duckposter.jpg

Here's another quality post to roll out if we get into foul trouble. He made a couple of all-star games and was a mainstay on those great Portland teams of the early nineties. He can give you scoring, good defense and a positive presence in the locker room. He also gave me a piggy-back ride when I was in pre-school!

Going purely sentimental with this one, but he's a solid guy anyways. And he taught me how to throw a hook shot when I was 9, and also commented, "Are you sure you are 9?"

thurl-bailey.gif

"Big T" Thurl Bailey

Also has one of the coolest voices ever.

Initially I misread "Young Stevie" as Steve Young and was confused as all hell.

Mazto never sent me a PM letting me know that he picked and it was my turn. Sorry about that. With my last pick I'm adding a sniper who can get me a late three if I need it.

Act_dell_curry.jpg

Dell Curry

NBA 6th Man of the Year (1994)

.402 career 3P FG%

With my last pick, I wanted a big combo guard that can shoot the three and won't hurt you on defense. I think this guy fits that bill nicely.

slideshow_245763_hawks.1103-6.jpg

Joe Johnson

Can also play the 3 if needed.

16.6 points (nearly 22 a game since joining the Hawks), 4.2 rebounds, 4.2 assists, .377 3PT%

2-time All-Star

Another very durable player, playing all 82 games 5 of the last 6 seasons, and averaging over 40 minutes per game throughout the last 5.

For my final pick, Andre Iguodala - G/F

050219095541Andre-Iguodala.jpg

Briefly, he's a solid defender, great for steals/assists/rebounding (for his position), and a good teammate.

So, with my final pick I'm going to go with a guy that while he's had a bit of an attitude issues (much like Maxwell), I think he could get it under control and gel with some of the guys on the team.

So, with my final pick, I choose:

stevie_franchise.jpg

Steve Francis aka Stevie Franchise