TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

Smackdown Spoilers for 05-09-2008

Source: Wrestlezone.com

- WWE is currently taping this week's edition of SmackDown at The John LaBatt Centre in London, Ontario, Canada.

- WWE SmackDown (Airing This Friday At 9:00 PM EDT):

* A segment was taped with Mark Henry coming out to the ring and saying if Big Show sticks his nose in his business then he's going to do something about it.

* Mick Foley and Michael Cole make there way out to the announce table.

* SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero comes out. She makes the announcement that at Judgment Day The Undertaker will be able to compete for the vacant World Heavyweight Championship title against an opponent that will be determined tonight.

* It is announced that there will be a "Champion Chase" tournament. The winners of the tournament will compete in an over the top battle royal as this week's SmackDown main event. The winner of that match will face The Undertaker at Jugment Day.

* Matt Hardy b. CM Punk in a qualifying match. Punk tried to roll up Hardy but he reversed it to advance to the Battle Royal later tonight!

* MVP vs. Fit Finlay ends in a countout. The match was described to me as slow and boring.

* Natalya Neidhart b. Kelly Kelly with a sharpshooter.

* It is announced that both MVP and Fit Finlay will be included in tonight's main event battle royal.

* Batista b. John Morrison to qualify for the Battle Royal later tonight.

* Big Show b. Tommy Dreamer in a short match with a chokeslam.

* Kane advances to tonight's Battle Royal main event. Our correspondent didn't tell us who he defeated.

* Vladimir Kozlov b. Local Jobber in a complete squash match.

* The Chase the Championship Battle Royal main event is next. Big Show vs. Kane vs. Batista vs. Matt Hardy vs. Fit Finlay vs. MVP

* Matt Hardy is eliminated first by MVP, Finlay is eliminated next by Kane, MVP eliminates himself. Big Show eliminates Kane. Batista eliminates Big Show for the win.

* Vickie Guerrero comes out and says Edge has been cleared to wrestle. Edge spears Batista off the ring apron.

* SmackDown ends with Edge celebrating on the entrance stage beside a podium that contains the World Heavyweight Championship belt (it had been there all night). The podium suddenly blows up and the lights go out. Undertaker's music hits. No Taker.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.p...leid=212129385

* Vickie Guerrero comes out and says Edge has been cleared to wrestle. Edge spears Batista off the ring apron.

* SmackDown ends with Edge celebrating on the entrance stage beside a podium that contains the World Heavyweight Championship belt (it had been there all night). The podium suddenly blows up and the lights go out. Undertaker's music hits. No Taker.

We all knew this was going to happen, so one really can't complain. However, how long until someone in WWE upper management steps in and stops all this conflict of interest bullshit?

Man, I defend SmackDown left and right, but this sounds shitty. I'm really not sure what the point of stripping 'Taker of the title was if we're just going to get Taker/Edge again.

It's just an excuse to give The Undertaker another title win like that bullshit with HHH at NYR a few years ago.

Batista again!

* SmackDown ends with Edge celebrating

I didnt think that meant Edge won but reading it that way makes more sense.

Yay for no Batista at least..though Edge/Taker III = bleh

I guess at least this time Edge gets Tombstoned instead of choked out.

That sounds terrible. Why would Vicki bother stripping the Undertaker of the belt (which suggests she favors against him) and then give him such a free pass to getting a shot to win it back? And she's the GM, she can just give Edge a title shot anytime she wants, why would she need the elaborate plan of having a screw job at the end of a TNA-ish tournament that takes up the entire show?

Let's also not forget the baffling jobbing out of CM Punk to Matt Hardy in this tourney. I'm trying to figure out the point of how weak Punk is being booked, maybe to set up a vulnerable champ if he should cash in the MITB and win?

Edge/UT III has to be some sort of gimmick match. Let it be a TLC match or something. I would say HIAC but that REALLY makes no sense. Vicki strips him of the belt, then simply puts him in the main event of the PPV against a #1 contender. TLC would be beneficial to Edge, while HIAC is beneficial to UT.

Let's also not forget the baffling jobbing out of CM Punk to Matt Hardy in this tourney. I'm trying to figure out the point of how weak Punk is being booked, maybe to set up a vulnerable champ if he should cash in the MITB and win?

Edge/UT III has to be some sort of gimmick match. Let it be a TLC match or something. I would say HIAC but that REALLY makes no sense. Vicki strips him of the belt, then simply puts him in the main event of the PPV against a #1 contender. TLC would be beneficial to Edge, while HIAC is beneficial to UT.

I'd laugh and laugh if Taker cited "the fine print on the contract" and made it a HIAC match.

if it IS to be a gimmick match, which it should be, they are sure aren't giving it much sell time...only one more Smackdown befor Judgement Day after this one.

Not that they couldn't do something on Raw, of course...

Dude...shut up.

Dude...shut up.

Seriously. Matt is the US Champion for Christ's sake..and Punk beat him in the KOTR tournament, so Matt's just getting his win back.

I think Taker/Edge should be a gimmick match this time around too to spice it up, however after Judgment Day what is it, two weeks to One Night Stand? And ONS is supposed to be nothing but gimmick matches again, so I'm surprised we are getting a cage for Orton/HHH other than if ONS starts new feuds for both.

I didn't realize I had such a reputation as a Punk mark. I like the guy to some extent, but he's not among my absolute favorites. What no one actually commented on is why does WWE keep booking Punk to do jobs if he's supposed to be in a title match at some point? Right now Punk is a guy on a 3rd rate show, who shows up on the main shows and does jobs to secondary title holders. Of the various MITB winners Punk by far is the one who needs to be booked the strongest since fans don't buy him on the main event level right now.

Sure, Punk beat Matt in the KOTR tourney and I guess this was Matt getting the win back. But why does he need the win back? Why does everyone always need the win back?

Punk and Hardy are two upper card faces that have split in their matches against each other. Punk doesn't stand to lose anything in the way of a reversed roll-up just as Hardy didn't stand to lose anything in the manner he lost to Punk last month which was similar finish. It's irrelevant about who won the right to lose in a battle royal. It's quite silly to be bothered by this.

Everytime Punk loses, baby Jesus weeps

I thought it was everytime he loses, a straight edger winds up in AA?

I don't think it matters how Punk is being used right now. WWE has shown that when they try, a wrestler can be built up pretty fast. Punk has the MITB which means at anytime it can be used. He's jobbed right now, in May, he has until next April to use it, that 11 months to build his storyline. Plus, since Punk is a face, they will probably do the whole "I'm usuing my chance at this PPV" story, instead of him just jumping the current champion story.

I'm hoping he loses. I am not a fan of his at all. He annoys me when he is in the ring.