TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

I was thinking of recruiting La Parka for Sullivan's Army of Darkness, but figured that somebody would get to him before me.

Garth can go at any time now, and Drury can make his two picks whenever.

My next pick I select...

10.jpg

Yes indeed, Germany's own. While the gimmick was kind of stupid, his in ring work was pretty good.

With my next pick I select...

01.jpg

Dino Bravo.

I think he was underrated. His gimmick as being Earthquake's right hand man was one I thought was pretty good.

10.jpg

Dino Bravo.

A very underrated wrestler. His gimmick when he was Earthquake's right hand man was pretty good.

Dino Bravo was a very talented dancer in the 70's. Most people never gave him the credit for that.

01.jpg

Alex Wright.

I think he was very underrated. His gimmick as being Earthquake's right hand man was one I found to be pretty good.

The best part is you flipped the names in the edit. :D

For my next pick I'll take another person to add to my junior division, the current NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Champion:

Quack_Mask.jpg

Mike Quackenbush

I've picked a lot of heels in this draft so it's time for me to pick a babyface. Another guy I'm surprised is still around at this point. This guy is a natural ally/part time tag team partner for Kerry Von Erich and I almost considered picking them together. He's also the kind of babyface that will make the girls swoon which is good to have. He'd make a good foe to pretty much any heel on the roster but I'm thinking of pairing him up against either Don Muraco or The One Man Gang.

He's a seven time WCWA World Champion, an eleven time WCWA Six Man Tag Team champion, a seven time WCWA Tag Team Champion, and a former AJPW All Asia Tag Team Champion.

With my 17th pick in the All Time Wrestling Roster Draft, I'm proud to select...

02.jpgKevin Von Erich!

01.jpg

Alex Wright.

I think he was very underrated. His gimmick as being Earthquake's right hand man was one I found to be pretty good.

The best part is you flipped the names in the edit. :D

What was going on this afternoon? :D

You can never have too many big men on your roster right? Well you can, if you have clunkers like Giant Gonzalez and any other person who uses Giant in their name except for Andre and Baba. My next pick is...

15.jpg

BIG JOHN STUDD

I was just wondering when Big John Studd was going to get picked last night after I made my pick. I'm surprised he lasted this long. Sure, he's not an elite big man like Andre, Vader, or Ernie Ladd but he was solid and heads and shoulders above a Giant Gonzalez. Not to mention that he was the #2 or #3 heel during the WWF's boom period in the mid 80s.

I was thisclose to picking The Executioners (the version with Big John Studd) in the last round but figured I didn't need two monster heel tag teams. Ah well. Good pick, Cranda.

I want to take a turn for the modern, but really, there's nobody out there who fits what I want. So with my options so limited, I'll take Steve Blackman.

steveblackman.jpg

Gotta have an act to give the crowd a good laugh. And a weapons match for sure.

With the next selection in the draft, I'm going to take a former World Champion that is still on the board. He had a great, heat generating gimmick, and even though he wasn't from that country... he looked convincing enough. He was one of the top heels in the country at one point, and he held multiple titles through various promotions. I'm definitely going to use his primary gimmick, even though it is a bit of a relic these days.

Ladies and gentlemen...

"THE RUSSIAN BEAR"

ivan_koloff2.jpg

IVAN KOLOFF

As I said, I plan on keeping his USSR gimmick in tact, and the guy I'm drafting to be his opponent will make an excellent foil.

I have too many heels, or I would've picked him before I started my juniors kick. Needless to say, I don't understand how he's still around.

Ugh. I was going back and forth between him and Kid Kash last round. I figured I'd take the more current guy and get Koloff next, but that didn't work out. Well, at least this makes my next pick a lot easier.

With the exception of Yokozuna, I don't have a lot of big men or monsters. With my next pick, I take the worst wrestler in the history of the business. I would sign him and devote all my development territory resources to make him acceptable. Also, I would use him as an Andre The Giant type special attraction where he would only appear on limited tv shows and ppv's. With my next pick, I go with.....

AAIL207~Great-Khali-Posters.jpg

The Great Khali!

With the exception of Yokozuna, I don't have a lot of big men or monsters. With my next pick, I take the worst wrestler in the history of the business. I would sign him and devote all my development territory resources to make him acceptable. Also, I would use him as an Andre The Giant type special attraction where he would only appear on limited tv shows and ppv's. With my next pick, I go with.....

AAIL207~Great-Khali-Posters.jpg

The Great Khali!

Khali might be bloody awful as a worker, but I don't think he's the worst in history. In fact, Khali has actually started growing on me. The "angry" rants he did at the phone the other night were pretty entertaining.

Khali is a better pick then El Gigante/Gonzales. Khali has some (though limited) mobility and will take a few big bumps when it is called for and most importantly, he has a better grasp of acting and playing to the crowd. Looking at Sauce's roster, he could pair Khali as Regal's personal bodyguard and do what would be really good comedy between the two.

I had this man on tap for my ROUND 3 pick, but seeing the way things where going I let him slide.... and slide.... and slide...

But man, getting Maeda means it's trigger pulling time on this guy.

Ed "The Strangler" Lewis

strangl2.jpg

Ed Lewis was a true pioneer of the sport and one of its earliest and most dominant champions. He truly "paved the road" for pro wrestling to be recognized as a legitimate sport in the eyes of the public during the early 20th century, and he was also there to see the fallout of the "sport's" dark "legitimacy" secret revealed to that trusting public. This multiple-time World Champion (and expert submission shoot fighter) helped establish pro wrestling at a time when it was somewhat unestablished, and for that, the sport will always owe him a debt of gratitude...

Lewis, probably the most accomplished submission wrestler in the sport during the early 1900's, was feared and respected both inside and outside of the ring for his extensive knowledge of amateur wrestling, and even more for his wide array of crippling wrestling holds known as "hooks". All of the wrestlers knew that Ed Lewis easily could (and sometimes did) injure and legitimately cripple any wrestler that crossed him, anytime he felt like it.

A guy who would legit cripple people vs the guy who had enough balls to shoot on Andre... SHOOT-TASTIC!!!!

Now let's have ANKLELOCK come in and bitch that it's about time.

Doug was on my short list of people to add to my Pure Division. I hope Strangler Lewis gets paired with Abdullah the Butcher for the sheer absurdity of it.

Doug was on my short list of people to add to my Pure Division. I hope Strangler Lewis gets paired with Abdullah the Butcher for the sheer absurdity of it.

I want to do a match (not a feud, but a match) with him and Takada.

That'd be an interesting match. Verrrry interesting.

As of now it's Maeda vs Lewis for a Shooto Awesomeness Match of Who Needs Booking? Let's Just Fight.

Can't find a picture of him so if anyone can find it, feel free to slide it in.

Kama "The Supreme Fighting Machine"