TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Random Thoughts

Why the hell is Colt Cabana still in development?

This isn't related to the guy they called up to ECW, since I haven't seen that yet. I've been wondering this for weeks now. He's been in development over a year now so whatever they're teaching him or un-teaching him must be done by now. And surely it can't be that hard to find something for a guy like him to do on a show like ECW that's shorter on numbers. Why is he not on my TV yet?

It doesn't even have to be him debuting as Punk's friend like most fantasy booking would dictate. Bring him up as Carlito's cousin. Bring him in as random babyface nice guy. Anything.

The sad thing is even if Cabana were called up, he'd end up like Evan Bourne now has in just a few weeks: Jobbing to Mike Knox after three wins and never seen again.

Why the hell is Colt Cabana still in development?

This isn't related to the guy they called up to ECW, since I haven't seen that yet. I've been wondering this for weeks now. He's been in development over a year now so whatever they're teaching him or un-teaching him must be done by now. And surely it can't be that hard to find something for a guy like him to do on a show like ECW that's shorter on numbers. Why is he not on my TV yet?

It doesn't even have to be him debuting as Punk's friend like most fantasy booking would dictate. Bring him up as Carlito's cousin. Bring him in as random babyface nice guy. Anything.

The sad thing is even if Cabana were called up, he'd end up like Evan Bourne now has in just a few weeks: Jobbing to Mike Knox after three wins and never seen again.

Eh, maybe Bourne will be back next week. Who am I kidding, Cabana will probably be given a few token wins over some of the "lower" ECW wrestlers (Nunzio) then "pinballed" by Knox.

I've actually been trying to rack up some swag bucks on the wwe search engine, and I'm only up to $7 :angry: I must have that Val Venis card.

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/feature/29062/7547510

Man, I can't get over how fucking wierd HHH's face looks ever since he's dropped weight.

Triple H has to have one of the least appealing faces on WWE TV. Murdoch's right there with him...

A bit of a historical note: CM Punk is the first man to hold the ECW Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship (post-2001). If you count the WHC and the WCW Championship as the same thing, then he joins The Big Show in that category.

Also, Mark Henry is not the first former WWE European Champion to win a World title in WWE/WCW/ECW/NWA/AWA. Others include HHH, HBK, Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, Jeff Jarrett, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Dallas Page, and RVD.

Henry joins Rob Van Dam as being the only two men to win the WWE European Championship and the ECW Championship.

Also, the number 3,200 is of significance to the World's Strongest Man. That's the number of days he went without a championship in WWE. He lost the WWE European Championship to D-Lo Brown on September 26, 1999.

They better make Summerslam good, cause the last time they came here for a PPV was the dreaded "elevated liver enzymes" Great American Bash.

Booker T won the World Title at the show, no need for complaining

Man, I can't get over how fucking wierd HHH's face looks ever since he's dropped weight.

Hmmm...I remember when the GAB poster was first released, I saw a few comments of 'Which one doesn't belong.' Hmph, you think maybe they knew what they were doing? Wonder how long they've had it planned for Punk to win the title.

Uh....

f387739d527ca52cd795e6c34422f9df.jpg

I saw that commercial. They had snippets of celebs saying how great it is but Chavo was reduced as an average joe w/ no testimonial, just a pic. Jimmy Hart, however, made the cut.

Hmmm...I remember when the GAB poster was first released, I saw a few comments of 'Which one doesn't belong.' Hmph, you think maybe they knew what they were doing? Wonder how long they've had it planned for Punk to win the title.

Yeah that just occurred to me too

They better make Summerslam good, cause the last time they came here for a PPV was the dreaded "elevated liver enzymes" Great American Bash.

Noble/Kash vs London/Kendrick was a really solid opener too.

Noble/Kash vs London/Kendrick was a really solid opener too.

If anything, the card changes actually improved the show, I would even go as far as saying its the best GAB PPV the WWE ever produced. The Big Show was a step up from Khali, Helms / Hardy had a fantastic impromptu match, and Kennedy got the shit kicked out of him in great fashion.

87508_lg.jpg

Now if I wonder if that's what they had planned for the main event before Jeff was traded.

Cena could never win a match that involved carrying other wrestlers...

Fixed

No.

I agree with MVP, I think GAB 06 is probably the best of the new Bashes, even though Hardy-Umaga rocked it last year

He took Great Khali to his best match of his career and that was an epic carry job.

Hey now, Khali busted his ass in their matches.

Perhaps this has been suggested before, but I'd like to see Ric Flair pass on his Nature Boy title to a young wrestler, after he (kinda) inherited it from Buddy Rogers. It could be a running thing, Flair scouting guys to see whos worthy. Maybe even building to a final two candidates having a match.

Or maybe nobody would really care about two guys fighting over a name. But it might give a nice rub to someone.