TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Guest Ant

I hope so. The guy is an assclown and looks like the frog from the Budweiser advert. Drinks his share too.

After reading about Shaqs MMA training to get in shape this offseason (and it appears to have really worked) I was wondering. Would a guy that size with actual cardio and trainig be undefeatable?

I am inclined to think either he would be unstoppable or he would have really shit knees.

After reading about Shaqs MMA training to get in shape this offseason (and it appears to have really worked) I was wondering. Would a guy that size with actual cardio and trainig be undefeatable?

I am inclined to think either he would be unstoppable or he would have really shit knees.

Hasn't worked with Sapp or Giant Silva.

I said with ACTUAL cardio and training. Not the "Wow, Bob Sapp didn't get fallout tired until 2 minutes into the match instead of 30 seconds into the match. IT MUST BE GOOD CARDIO!!"

I mean lets be honest here, Shaq is very agile and conditioned to be 7'2" and 300+ lbs. Sapp and Silva A: Aren't close to his size(well Sapp isn't) and B: Have never been in close to the shape that Shaq is in and C: Are roughly 1,00,000 times less mobile and agile than Shaq.

So I don't just mean that size. I mean someone with the freak of nature athletisim that he had/has at that size.

I often think about some athletes and wonder how good would they have been if they played another sport.

I'm unsure how his size and mobility would translate on the ground, and most big guys (even pretty in shape ones) tend to move like slugs there.

Against guys in his weight class (265lbs. & above), he (in this case, a prime Shaq trained for MMA) could have probably dominated based on sheer athleticism alone, though pretty much every SHW has gone down at some poiunt from another massive guy landing an equally massive punch.

That's the thing, even really conditioned big guys lose something when it comes to quickness and agility. Look at some of the bigger guys in boxing not doing so well against smaller guys. They're pretty conditioned too. Of course, some of them win, but there are disadvantages.

While he would have more power, there's not much doubt that he would get sliced and diced against an Arlovski or Fedor. Speed is at a premium around 230 lbs, and tends to dip once guys get much bigger than that.

Okami vs. The Athlete is supposedly for a title shot.

Which would be GREAT for business if Franklin wins. Right guys? Guys?

Dana White said it was possible, he didn't flat out say it was going to be for a title shot. He also said Henderson moving down to 185 and fighting for the title is a big possibility aswell.

I think guys should have to win 2 in a row before being considered for a title shot

Henderson is the PRIDE MW Champion, he should get a chance to unify the titles without having to fight another UFC MW scrub. The MW divison in the UFC is weak as hell.

I don't think Henderson should get a second automatic title shot before getting any wins in the UFC. They don't sound like money fights, but Kampmann could be in the title picture, Leites too. With a win again maybe Mike Swick.

I love Henderson, but I don't like guys getting title shots right away. And it sucks, but PRIDE is dead, there's nothing to unify.

I think guys should have to win 2 in a row before being considered for a title shot

Henderson is the PRIDE MW Champion, he should get a chance to unify the titles without having to fight another UFC MW scrub. The MW divison in the UFC is weak as hell.

Yeah but........he's never defended the title. And he lost to Kazuo Misaki in a non-title fight.

Times like this really make me wish that Kampmann and McFedries weren't out hurt as either of those dudes could've been built up to title status by now.

Yeah but........he's never defended the title. And he lost to Kazuo Misaki in a non-title fight.

Times like this really make me wish that Kampmann and McFedries weren't out hurt as either of those dudes could've been built up to title status by now.

Kampmann maybe, but I can't see him being competitive at 185 for much longer. I really think he should drop to 170, he would be a force in that divison for sure.

McFedries, as much as I enjoy watching him fight would lose to any decent grappler who decides to take the fight to the ground.

I always thought that with Chuck's massive gut that he could drop to 185. That's never going to happen though.

Although Chuck vs. Silva for the title would generate mega-buys.

New MMA Organization Cage Fighting Championships, Inc. (CFC) Offers $3 Million Purse for Randy Couture VS Fedor Emelianenko

Monday October 15, 1:45 pm ET

DAVIE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Cage Fighting Championships (CFC) Spokesperson Crawford Grimsley announced today, "The CFC will put up a $3,000,000 purse to bring the Couture vs Emelianenko fight to Pay-Per-View. $1,000,000 will be guaranteed to each fighter while the winner takes home an additional cool million, making this the largest single purse for any one MMA fight."

Grimsley, a former heavyweight boxer who went 12 rounds with big George Foreman for the world title in 1996 said, "I don't know who set up the current MMA system of sanctioning bodies locking fighters into exclusive long term contracts. I do know who is out to change this system though, we are, the CFC. We are not going to try to reinvent the wheel, but we would like to add a little of the business model that professional boxing has adopted for decades. Can you imagine if professional boxing would not allow champion to fight champion. How many great boxing matches would we have missed?"

Grimsley added, "The UFC has made this sport into what it is today and my hat is off to them, but in the same regard, we feel the sport must allow the best from any league to fight each other when the time is right. We are willing to sit down with any and all parties necessary to make this fight happen including the UFC, Randy Couture, the Gersh Agency, Fedor Emelianenko, his manager Vadim Finkelstein and M-1. It happens everyday in boxing. That's how you get an undisputed champion. This exclusivity only hurts the sport, the fans, the fighters and the amount of money a fighter can make. We are going to do everything we can to bring this fight and many others currently prohibited. It's time for the MMA to change for the benefit of the fighters and fans, not the sanctioning bodies."

The first CFC event took place October 6, 2007 and has already hit the radar of Mark Cuban's HDNet Network, which only broadcasts in 1080i High Definition, and the hit show Inside MMA. Highlights of the first CFC Middleweight Title fight "Let the Rage Begin" aired this last Friday, October 12, 2007. For airing information, go to www.hd.net and look for the Inside MMA schedule.

About Cage Fighting Championships

The Cage Fighting Championships bring some of the world's leading professional mixed martial arts professionals into battle inside a 6-foot high caged ring. Headquartered in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

(thanks to Mike Informer)

I don't know how true this is or not, but I saw it on Gerweck.net and haven't seen it posted here.

There's some truth in that though about freeing up the fighters but eventually you get all the nonsense that comes from too many people claiming to be world champions and who will fight who...I would love to see the fight though..

So, Fedor is allowed to fight outside of M1 via the terms of his contract.

He also had it included that if the UFC allows it, M1 will pay $1,000,000 in addition to the UFC champion's salary to fight Fedor in M1. I'm not sure that will ever happen but it's funny to think.

He also said he wants to fight Randy.

I think it's going to happen somewhere. Despite Dana claiming that he "owned Randy" and that he's not fighting anywhere.

Oh, that's right. He did say that. I think he just likes the phrase.

While White said he respected Couture as a fighter and person, he said he did not understand Couture's dissatisfaction with his contract and noted that the UFC had torn up Couture's old deal to do a new one when he came out of retirement earlier this year.

"He just signed a new contract that he was thrilled with, eight months ago ... and now apparently he's not happy with it."

White, no fan of talking money, said Couture will have to deal with the UFC if he wants to fight again.

"Oh he definitely belongs to me, he's under contract to me. No doubt about it."

"I'll tell you right now, there isn't anyone in this industry that takes care of their fighters better than we do," he added. "Sometimes it takes leaving to realize that."

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/AL...T8iw5wGMfg2pzJg