TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Kang's inconsistent. That's the best way to put him. He has the talent and skill to be a top of the line fighter, but every so often, he seems to fight under par.

On the flipside, he is wildly popular in Korea and next to Choi or Akiyama, is probably the best signing UFC can make to help break into the market.

Martin Kampmann has made the decision to drop down to WW and has also signed a contract extension. Good move, IMO as he didn't have the frame to handle the bigger guys at MW but he'll be a good-sized WW and with his height he'll have a reach advantage on almost all of his opponents. Him vs Davis, Lytle, Taylor and others would be bangers.

Martin Kampmann has made the decision to drop down to WW and has also signed a contract extension. Good move, IMO as he didn't have the frame to handle the bigger guys at MW but he'll be a good-sized WW and with his height he'll have a reach advantage on almost all of his opponents. Him vs Davis, Lytle, Taylor and others would be bangers.

I've been saying Kampmann should drop to 170 for 2 1/2 years now. Bout time.

Anybody interested in a MMA fight/match draft? We could do a UFC one and a Pride one or a mix and match. Could be fun, plus it could expose people to matches that they may not have seen or heard of.

Or it could be just another addition to the draft overkill that's been sweeping the board lately.

Can't believe I hadn't watched any MMA until a month ago, because now I'm hooked on it.

I can't offer much insight though, I'm still learning from Mike "Swing for the fences" Goldberg.

Best exceprts so far:

Rorion Gracie: We thought of a ring that had a moat and we could put alligators on the outside, [or] chariots running around the ring and dropping the fighters off. Then people with trumpets and Roman togas announcing them. This is Hollywood.

Frazier: I saw Ken Shamrock. He was all bundled up and I couldn’t see his physique or anything. He said, “My name’s Ken Shamrock.” I said, “So f-cking what? I’m going to kick your f-cking ass. You’re going to leave here in a body bag.” And that’s how I was to everybody.

Shamrock: Frazier would’ve never gotten in my face, because at that time, I would’ve knocked his ass out. I didn’t have the control I have now.

Frazier: I remember Ken taking off his shirt a couple days later and saw how buff and yoked he was. I said, “Oh, sh-t! This guy would’ve twisted me up!” My heart came through my throat.

McCarthy: Jimmerson said, “How in the world do you think Royce is going to beat me when I’m flicking out a jab? He can’t get past that.” We went into a back ballroom area and I grabbed him in a double leg and put him on the ground. He looked up at me and said, “Oh, my God. He’s going to break my arms and legs, isn’t he?”

Jenkins: Jason and I were the only ones who understood (the rules). I guess we were the only ones who read the contract.

Gordeau: I sign the paper and I go. The rest stayed there to explain what is allowed and what is not allowed. Real Americans, they talk a lot. But if you have no rules, you are finished explaining in two seconds.

Bobby Lashley makes his MMA debut on December 13th, against Joshua Franklin...

Warrants a thread? I think alot of the pro wrestling fans would find this interesting.