TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Jeremy Stephens made a post on his MySpace that he'll be fighting Spencer Fisher on the TUF Finale show on June 21'st. Nothing confirmed, camp-wise or with UFC management though.

I.......luv........that......fight. Buckwild shit.

The fight's outcome will largely depend on if Stephens can powerbomb out of Spencer's triangle.

Stephens has the strength to, but I can't see him be able or do it more then once... Nor do I really see him stopping Fisher.

So long as we get a trianglebomb spot I'll be happy. Speaking of the TUF finale for a non-UFN show it's looking decent if not unspectacular given the lineup....

Diego vs Luigi Fiorivanti

Burkman vs Dustin Hazlett

McFedries vs Eastman

Stephens vs Fisher

Tanner vs Grove

You guys know if they are going to make it 3 hours? Kinda wish they would showcase some of the middleweights that are going to be on the show.

I can't see it being 2 hours. Those five + the finale fight are going to push it over 2 and they usually showcase the guys who didn't make it to the finals but still did well.

The amount of fights on the card is (naturally) spawning a bunch of rumors that this season is so weak in terms of fight quality and fighter quality that UFC has needed to resort to settting up non-TUF fights for the finale.

Question: Is UFC 85 in June going to be free on Spike? It is the Liddell/Evans show. I noticed on UFC's events layout that is the only show not listed as "Live on PPV" it just says "International Show 12pm/3pm" and I know in the past when shows have been in Europe they show it here on Spike for free.

I'd put it in the most serious of doubts that Spike was ever offered it in the first place. UFC would be pissing away a ton of money giving a Chuck fight away on free tv.

Nor would I think Spike would be stupid enough to reject a Chuck Liddell main evented UFC show at any cost.

The only one that was free was the Gonzaga/Cro Cop main event card. I think that also had Bisping/Sinosic.

Victory was on PPV. That had Griffin/Guida, Forrest/Ramirez and a main event of Franklin/Okami.

Also Rapid Fire was on PPV. That of course had Penn/Stevenson as the main.

The only one that was free was the Gonzaga/Cro Cop main event card. I think that also had Bisping/Sinosic.

How could you forget UFC 75? Rampage Vs. Henderson? That was on Spike TV.

So is no one for sure about the PPV or not PPV? I didn't account for the Liddell factor being a reason to keep it PPV, but still....I hate the thought of buying a tape delayed PPV....especially with me not being able to not get online and see who won ahead of time.....

72 should have been a free show on paper. Tyson vs Clay was great. But Okami vs Franklin is not a fight I'd pay to see.

It was cool to get 3 matches from 75 free though

Something hilarous...

Frank Trigg was backstage at the last TNA PPV, and a lot of people thought he was Eric Angle, Kurts older brother.

if anyone buys UFC DVDs, right now until Saturday at Best Buy, UFC 69-79 are 30 percent off from the normal price

Anyone got thoughts on K-1 trying to set up Semmy Schilt against either Mirko Cro Cop or Fedor recently?

Cro Cop was supposedly supposed to be an MMA fight, while I've heard K-1 wanted/wants to do Schilt/Fedor in K-1 rules for the Super Heavyweight Championship.

My theory? K-1's trying to take Schilt out before the GP, or at the very least weaken the man.

Mirko's agent turned down the Schilt fight...Smart move, because while it'd be MMA rules, Mirko wouldn't fare very well I don't think. I haven't heard if Fedor turned down the K-1 offer, but he'd be smart to.

if anyone buys UFC DVDs, right now until Saturday at Best Buy, UFC 69-79 are 30 percent off from the normal price

dammit. I need everything after 69. I'll need to see if I can get a couple

Anyone got thoughts on K-1 trying to set up Semmy Schilt against either Mirko Cro Cop or Fedor recently?

Cro Cop was supposedly supposed to be an MMA fight, while I've heard K-1 wanted/wants to do Schilt/Fedor in K-1 rules for the Super Heavyweight Championship.

My theory? K-1's trying to take Schilt out before the GP, or at the very least weaken the man.

Mirko's agent turned down the Schilt fight...Smart move, because while it'd be MMA rules, Mirko wouldn't fare very well I don't think. I haven't heard if Fedor turned down the K-1 offer, but he'd be smart to.

I don't think there has been any serious discussion of Schilt/Fedor, at least with K-1 rules anyway.

Chuck/Rashad is OFF due to Chuck being injured.

In retrospect they totally screwed themselves by making UFC 84 so top-heavy when it came to the elite LHW's. Lyoto, Wandy, Thiago are all tied up and Jardine and Rashad won't fight each other. I have no clue what they're going to do.

I could see them scrapping the show entirely and making it a Spike event. 99% of the reason they went overseas was their knowledge that Chuck in a UK main event would sell out and get huge publicity.

Okay, now this is up in the air. The dumbass @ Sherdog who made the thread has been outed as a troll but @ DVDVR there's a link to fiveouncesofpain.com where it says the fight is off.