TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Do all contract signings get a special webcam exclusive video? I'm surprised they didn't try to do the contract signing at the intermission during one of the UFC events or announce it during Inside UFC.

I see this going somewhat like Shogun's fights against Overeem where he'll struggle to deal with the reach of the taller fighter for a few minutes before scoring a takedown and going to work. Forrest is good at taking punishment and survived the initial onslaught from Tito in the first round so I think he'll be able to deal with whatever Shogun can throw at him.

To be fair to Gomi, he rarely ever keeps his hands up.

Shoguns peek-a-boo style of blocking and delayed counter-punching leaves himself open to hard punches that, if put in the right combination, could be a game changer against him. However, with Forrest playing it safe now, as well as his more technical, tight, boxing style, he may not be able to capitalize on it. I think he has enough on his feet to give Shogun some fits, but ultimately Shogun is too varied in both striking and grappling for Griffin, IMO.

I made such a dope line about GSP beating Koscheck at another forum and I was pissed I didn't think of it here. But it would fall on deaf ears because nobody here is picking Koscheck. Right?

RIGHT?

ufc77_poster.jpg

I preferred Franklin's Funeral but the title makes sense.

Lineup for the card is looking like....

Franklin vs Silva

Sylvia vs Vera

MacDonald vs Okami

Jorge Gurgel vs Alvin Robinson

Kalib Starnes vs Alan Belcher

Marvin Eastman vs Damian Maia

Stephan Bonnar vs Eric Schafer

Forrest Petz vs Josh Burkman

Jason Black vs Matt Grice

I made such a dope line about GSP beating Koscheck at another forum and I was pissed I didn't think of it here. But it would fall on deaf ears because nobody here is picking Koscheck. Right?

RIGHT?

Koscheck in an epic war... by decision.

Just cause I can't really get behind all the GSP love...I'll go with Kos in the 2nd, via KO.

...if only to hear this supposed "dope" line.

Not to use the "I'm a casual view, what do you expect?" excuse. Educate yourself.

So it seems that Canadian 205-er Roger "The Hulk" Hollet is the next hot thing up here, he KO'd UFC competitor Viktor Valimaki in short fashion at the MFC show last night. Hollet is still undefeated and would be a good pick-up for TKO or Loiseau's new promotion as well as a trip to the UFC.

Yeah, they need a high-profile LW fight to make people really care. I've heard that there's a chance we could see Nog vs Cro-Cop II on it as Mirko has stated that if he gets past Kongo he wants a rematch.

That doesn't bode well for him. He looked past his last opponent too.

I wouldn't mind seeing WANDERLEI SILVA on this card, but that probably will be saved for a main event, though they did throw Noguiera on a curtain jerker so who knows really. Even if it's just to see him decapitate someone that's fine.

Watching UFC 1 right now. First time in a long time, and the first time watching it throughout rather than FFing. Kathy Long (commentator) pwns so many fighters in this. Kevin Rosier vs. Zane Frasier is the absolute tits. Kevin Rosier is my new favourite fighter. He's the Tom Arnold crica 1991 of mma. Or even better, Chris Farley doing Tom Arnold crica 1991

Word out of Dan Hendersons camp in California is that Ryo Chonan has signed a deal with UFC. Chonan was rumored to be Mark Weir's replacement against Paul Daley for the 170 lb. Cage Rage title at their upcoming September 23rd show so it'll be interested if he cuts to 170 or stays at 185. I hope he stays at 185 as he's talented enough to put up a good fight against some of the upper-level MW dudes.

I doubt it, personally. His takedown defense is nothing to write home about, and with the inclusion of the cage and elbows, he'll have to worry about more than getting grapplefucked on the mat.

I love that the UFC is putting on so many shows and is gathering up a bunch of talent... But.... I miss PRIDE so much...

The UFC ain't gonna set nuthin to Con Te Partiro.

http://www.dailymotion.com/torihada/video/...3-opening_sport

Life is not easy.

But.

Life is not bad.

http://www.dailymotion.com/torihada/video/...fumetsued_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/torihada/video/...debushido_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/nogueira...ing-movie_sport