TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

should be an interesting WEC show, i'm still getting into WEC so i am not familar with it too much, wasnt Condit/Larson scheduled for the first WEC VS card

Dr. Keith talk show had a special on UFC fighters and their families the guest were Matt Serra, Shonie Carter, Sean Sherk, Kenny Florean, Chris Lytle. Some of the highlights were:

Serra promoting his gyms/schools

Mrs. Carter having to stay away from the fights due to her love for Shonie otherwise she would jump in the ring and kill someone!

Sherk vs Florean wanting a rematch

Fans demanding Sherk to take off his shirt

Shonie's pimped out studded cast on his arm

And Franca as well. If UFC doesn't do what they've done w/ past champions who've juiced (Sylvia, Barnett) and strip Sherk of the belt they'll look like really big hypocrites.

They'll strip him, but if we base things on the Sylvia precedent then Sherk will get a shot at the title once his suspension is up. Of course, the LW division is stacked compared to the HWs back then so Sherk may be forced to hump his way though a couple of guys before he gets a title shot.

I'm curious about this. The normal concentration of what Sherk tested for is 2 ng/ml. In a training athlete it's 6 ng/ml. Sherk was around 12 ng/ml.

Is it within the realm of possibility at all that the insane workout they talk about all the time actually pushed it that high?

True. That's a good point.

I was just wondering because if it triples in any athlete over a normal person I thought there was a small possibility that Sherk could even increase more.

But probably not.

That's why I think he may be innocent here. I think it was a result of some prescription injection he got for the shoulder surgery he had earlier this year, and it just stayed in his system. If he had done the exact same thing for the Florian fight with similar results, I don't see why he would have tested positive here and not then. I think it's injury-related.

Which brings up an interesting point about how the steroid issue for MMA athletes has more to do with recovery time than size, strength or physical ability. A lot of the guys that use them are just interested in recovering faster.

Which brings up an interesting point about how the steroid issue for MMA athletes has more to do with recovery time than size, strength or physical ability. A lot of the guys that use them are just interested in recovering faster.

And since they don't have team facilities or the finances of #81 of the Cowboys, they can't just go out and buy a hyperbaric chamber to help them out. Still, the point is that the rules are in place to catch those that may use it to increase physical ability. If you're using a steroid to help you recover faster, then realistically you should know how long it takes to flush it out of your system.

There are fliers posted all over my floor at work advertising BJ Penn's seminar @ Kombat Arts this Saturday. For once I am not totally hateful towards where I work.

On a Penn-related note, I had a dream I had him over for breakfast last night.

No.

But sadly, despite the internet hype surrounding him he was not The Best Lay Of All Time. Started strong but just couldn't handle my riddum and he ended up gassing.

Do you not agree with it, or do you not actually see reasons for people to like Rush?

I mean, both make you dumbtarded, but at least not agreeing with it only shows bad taste and not overwhelming ignorance like not seeing his body of work as being impressive.

GSP beats more people at Welterweight than Serra does, I'd say is the reasoning behind that.

As much as I love Randy, I don't think he belongs on this list. Nog and Randy shouldn't be there, Hendo maybe cracks the top ten but he has losses against The Other Nog and Arona at 205 and in the last year against Misaki, as well as debated wins over Busta and Kondo - it's hard to justify ranking him at all, now that I think of it. Hendos before Filhos? No ways.

Is it that he was one of 2 people in UFC who could beat Matt Hughes or is it the swank karate gee and headband that he wears during his entrance? Or is it that he is Canadian and does spin kicks? I just don't get it. I'm just guessing that everybody got tired of Matt Hughes as the dominating champion that people were dying for a true contender to take the belt from him. Sorry Canadians but I'm on the BJ Penn bandwagon.

The way UFC has been going lately I wouldn't be surprised that he did win by stalling until the last 30 seconds to steal the rounds again.

Mr. 9-teen and 1 is going to ground and pound GSP to ref stoppage. The second George tries that sweet kick to the midsection Koshcheck is going to counter with a takedown then proceed to hammerfist and elbow him until Mazzagatti, Dean, or Big John hit the pounce to stop the fight.

GSP, Fickett Knee, R2. Koscheck has a lot going for him but he doesn't have the greatest chin and moreover, he switches to "Oh crap, better shoot on him" mode when he takes a shot which GSP will expose by tossing a kick or knee right into his grill when Josh dives forward.

You need to realize that you never come off well as a poster but outing yourself as a Koscheck fanboy makes it all the worse.

So, did anyone see the ufcjunkie piece on Fedor?

It sucks that they are playing hardball with him. If Sleazy D fucks this one up... I don't even know. I think he'll cave eventually because he doesn't have a choice.

I'm thinking if Koshcheck actually tries to win instead of walking in circles he has a chance of winning. Not necessary fan of his considering the 19 & 1 insanity but a lucky punch or kick has won many a fight in UFC. I still think if Kosh gets the takedown and uses the Kenny Florian razor elbow strikes he could win by ref stoppage. But then again it will probably go 3 rounds with GSP gets the split decision because the company loves him so much and there are alot of big money rematches already setup.