TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

The WEC show was really good. Faber vs. Chance was super, with TWO big time slams (Atomic BUTT Drop 07~!). Hominick should have went in for the kill after that big time shot, his apprehension and undying devotion to not grappling cost him big time. He looked devastated. Larson fucking blew that other guy away. I really like how this show set up future matches. Very focused booking.

And Condit vs. Alessio from the hour-long show was fucking tremendous.

And there seriously is no group lamer than the Tap Out guys.

Meltzer said in the latest Observer that Barnett showed up in Vegas to talk about doing something with UFC and when he asked for tickets to the show they told him to buy them himself.

Well it is a bit of a fuckstick kinda move to just ask and assume you'll get them. Still he'd be a good signee considering they need all the HW they can get, especially an American one.

I just consider PRIDE as dead at this point.

I FINALLY got around to watching the WEC card from Sunday.

Faber is a beast. If UFC ever gets a FW division he'll be a mega-star.

Hominick got punked and I'm not really believing that Yahya when he said that he didn't remember the choke out.

Brock Larson with the quick knockout. He's pretty ugly.

Rudo is right, Alessio vs. Conduit from Wreckage was a damn good fight, with the sub coming w/ about 1 second left in the 2nd round. Larson vs. Conduit will be a fight that I'm looking forward to seeing.

Despite being from my hometown, Brian Stann gets on my fucking nerves. It's like MMA is a joke to him because he's a tough guy marine and he's seen worse. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with his position but just the way it comes across in his promos makes me not like him very much. "Oh this fight? What's he going to do to me that I haven't seen before in the Marines. In Iraq. Did I mention that I'm a marine? I've seen people die all the time. What's he doing to do? Iwa Jima!!" FU, buddy.

And Mir. What can I say about Mir? I'm torn on his role here. At times, I thought, wow... that's a good point that Frank just made. I didn't notice that and I'm glad he was there to point it out. But other times I was left to wonder how they even put him on TV. Examples of this would be his terrible post fight interviews and the way he says all the fights are over when the other guy is still scrambling and/or blocking the sub attempt. Just irritating. Overall, I'd give him a C with some solid A moments and some definite solid F moments.

Mir actually seemed worse than how I had remembered him from previous UFC PPV's (where he had really impressed me). Much more Rogan-esque with the shouting, not-quite-matter-of-factness and semi-unprofesionalism.

I think Dana is doubly pissed because people were claiming it was his idea (since he is the matchmaker) and he was going back on his word from the show.

I have to agree with him, if you're going to make a strong stand, stick with it.

Stop defending the tools. They deserve everything they get.

Who's defending??? They were asses and got what they deserved. Just saying they probably would have thought twice if they knew it meant a lifetime UFC ban

That does seem harsh, I mean it wasn't really that bad. It's not like people can't learn from their mistakes.

I think he is only saying that because he knows they're shitty fighters who probably won't amount to anything, particularly Marlon, so this is just a way to spin it to make him look like he has some integrity.

I don't think he's outsized here, so the fact that Diego is a little bigger shouldn't matter much. A lot of people (myself included) have put too much of an emphasis on weight sometimes when it's not that important, like in a case such as this.

Liddell's on Letterman right now. For some reason, Amy Sedaris is still hanging around and is completely annoying.

I was listening to the radio in the car and they hosts were teasing an interview w/ Tito saying there was a question that he answered no comment to which was about a plan to escape Dana's reach. Anyone wanna elaborate

Irish Jake O'Brien is out of his fight with Tom Murphy at UFC 72.

Even worse, the injuries (spinal stingers) may be career threatening.