TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

I just watched UFCs 61-63 this week, so I have no interest in watching Frank fight anymore. I'd LIKE to see him get back to fighting better, but I'm not holding out hopes.

Where the hell has Nate Quarry been? He's taken like 15 UFCs off since he was beaten silly by Franklin

I‘M BACK . . . I AM SO BACK. THE PAST FEW YEARS HAVE BEEN A REAL JOURNEY - THE JOY OF VICTORY AND THE AGONY OF DEFEAT. AFTER FIGHTING FOR THE UFC MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE IN NOVEMBER 2005 I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A POTENTIALLY CAREER ENDING BACK CONDITION. I UNDERWENT A RADICAL NEW SPINAL SURGERY, GOT SOME PARTS REPLACED AND NOW I’M THE BIONIC MAN - BETTER THAN I WAS BEFORE . . . BETTER, STRONGER, FASTER.

I’LL BE FIGHTING IN THE UFC AGAIN VERY SOON - WHEN I HAVE DEFINITE DATES, I’LL POST IN ON MY WEBSITE AND SEND OUT A BULLETIN ON WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ROCKQUARRY. ADD ME TO YOUR “FRIENDS LIST” ON MYSPACE AND YOU CAN GET MY INSTANT UPDATES. WHEN I GET BACK IN THE OCTAGON LOOK OUT - I’LL BE THROWING SOME “ROCK” HARD PUNCHES WITH MY CONCRETE FISTS.

TO MY FANS - I READ EVERY EMAIL THAT YOU SEND - YOU INSPIRE ME TO GO THE EXTRA MILE. I WISH I COULD RESPOND TO EVERYONE PERSONALLY, BUT I KNOW YOU’D RATHER HAVE ME TRAINING AND NOT SITTING AT THE COMPUTER. WHAT I’LL DO FOR YOU GUYS IS CHOOSE THE MOST COMMON QUESTIONS AND ANSWER THEM IN MY MYSPACE.COM/ROCKQUARRY BLOG. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

-NATE “ROCK” QUARRY

Serious question - when people type with the caps lock key down, do that really not realize it, do they just not care, or do they not see anything wrong with it?

Serious question - when people type with the caps lock key down, do that really not realize it, do they just not care, or do they not see anything wrong with it?

CAPS LOCK = CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

didn't you know? ;p

Karo Interview, with many gems. With every interview Karo just keeps getting higher and higher in my book.

thaFormula.com - Now why is it Karo that people just don't want to lose to Diego? What is it about him that bugs so many fighters?

Karo "The Heat" Parisyan - Because he is a weird fucking guy. He's weird, he's very cocky, he thinks he's the best and I don't know, there is just something weird about that guy. He doesn't really get under my skin at all, but he's still fucking retarded.

http://www.thaformula.com/karo_the_heat_pa...ula_sports.html

My favorite Karo interview involved him repeatedly downplaying his loss to GSP due to the fact that it's obvious that GSP roids.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=glock/070514

The ESPN article on Chuck Liddell.

Written by a woman, btw. I was a bit confused at parts before I found that out.

I'd like to see a mainstream article on somebody like Fedor. Amazingly, he's still pretty unknown domestically, at least from people I encounter.

So, Enson Inoue and Chewitel Motherfucking Ejiofor are starring alongside Randy Couture in the David Mamet-written film Redbelt. It's about a jiu-jitsu dude who becomes caught up in mma and it's supposedly set to be like an old school-samurai flick. I know this has been mentioned before but I hadn't read much about and Ejiofor is gonna run shit in this movie.

"Redbelt is the story of Mike Terry, a Jiu-jitsu master who has avoided the prize fighting circuit, choosing to instead pursue a life of honor and education by operating a self-defense studio in Los Angeles. Terry's life is dramatically changed however when he is conned by a cabal of movie stars and promoters. In order to pay off his debts and regain his honor Terry must step into the ring for the first time in his life. "- IMDB.com

OK, it's David Mamet, so I figure that this should be decent. Yet the plot synopsis makes it sound like a generic action flick. So whoever directs it could easily fuck it up.

Awesome article. The part about Diego was awesome...he goes off

"When he poked me, his thumb went right below my eye up in the orbital almost touching my brain"

The touching my brain part made me laugh out loud. Then the bitching about the boxing judge...because it's true...the boxing judge stuff is ridiculous :/

So funny though :)

So Loretta Hunt sent out a mass email and a bunch of familiar names were on it. Dunno if these are updated or in use, but it's kinda interesting. I picked out some of the more interesting ones.

[email protected]; Bas Rutten <[email protected]>; [email protected]; Charles McCarthy <[email protected]> David Doyle <[email protected]>;Derrick Noble <[email protected] FRANK TRIGG <[email protected]>; Gareb Shamus <[email protected]>Jason Tan <[email protected]>; Jennifer Wenk <jwenk@ufc. [email protected] Joe Silva <[email protected]>; Krzysztof Soszynski <[email protected] Loren Mack <[email protected]>; Marc Ratner <[email protected]>; Matt Lindland <[email protected]> Paul Lazenby <[email protected]> [email protected]; Rachel Trontel <[email protected]> Ross McTavish <[email protected]>; samuel sheridan <[email protected]>"Schwarz, David I - Spike TV" <[email protected]> Stephane Patry <[email protected]> [email protected]; [email protected];

Chuck Liddell said in the UFC 71 conference call today that he would consider moving up to heavyweight to face Fedor.

LOL in light of last week's subtitle.

Been hearing this rumor for a few weeks now. Should be interesting to see who he gets paired up against if he's in fact on the card. Babalu is a natural choice given that Shogun's only real loss has been at his hands.

roger-huerta-si.jpg

This is fucking bullshit.

1) Bad photo with more of an emphasis on the cage then the fighters

2) Huerta being picked over Randy for the cover because he's a pretty boy with stereotypically shitty tatoos

3) It's Mixed Martial Arts, not Ultimate Fighting

roger-huerta-si.jpg

2) Huerta being picked over Randy for the cover because he's a pretty boy with stereotypically shitty tatoos

Check out the article

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=3873

RUEDIGER TO K-1?

“The Ultimate Fighter 5” contestant Gabe Ruediger has been released from his contract with Zuffa LLC. and has had his “administrative suspension” lifted, says Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer, thus clearing the way for Ruediger to compete on June 2’s K-1 “Dynamite” card.

Kizer says he received documentation on Friday from Zuffa stating the promotion had “accelerated the termination” of his contract with the organization and let him go. All participants on the reality TV show are placed on a temporary suspension by the NSAC till the series’ live finale event to alert other state agencies to check in with them on the fighters’ status, but also keep the results of the bouts secret till they air. Ruediger was unceremoniously removed from the TV show during its fifth episode after failing to make weight for a bout with Corey Hill.

FEG called and requested Ruediger’s status with the NSAC last week, hoping to have the much talked about lightweight fill in for Javier Vasquez, who has dropped from the card for undisclosed reasons. A rep from Ruediger’s camp confirmed he’s been approached about the bout and could be ready in time, though negotiations are still forthcoming.

CSAC rep Bill Douglas says Reudiger could be approved, following the requisite medicals, of course.

“He is going to have to go through the medicals like everyone else, but we want no hassles with weight issues with him. That’s the guidelines,” says Douglas.

If approved, Ruediger would face 2000 Olympic wrestling silver medalist Katsuhiko Nagata at a catch weight of 161 pounds.

Yeah.

I think he quit at 158. Which is just insane to put yourself through all that and quit 2 pounds away...

Yeah.

I think he quit at 158. Which is just insane to put yourself through all that and quit 2 pounds away...

Because he never intended on making weight at all.

And he definitely didn't want to fight and even have the -potential- chance to lose to anyone (I bet he would have made weight and fought weems, because he could have rolled through him ;p)

roger-huerta-si.jpg

Check out the article

Good article. Most casual fans know MMA as Ultimate Fighting because of the UFC, so you can't fault SI for that. They call it MMA in the article.