TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

Isn't Tamden at 170?

Either way he gets wrecked. No way does he stand a chance against a guy the calibre of Gono.

Just curious, whats your basis on this? I'm not disputing you or anything, it's just I've talked to people who've trained with Tamden, and they tell me the kid has extremely strong wrestling at 170lbs with decent submission skills, and has damn good boxing. I haven't seen anything on the kid, but still would be interested to hear your point of view of him.

Isn't Tamden at 170?

Either way he gets wrecked. No way does he stand a chance against a guy the calibre of Gono.

Just curious, whats your basis on this? I'm not disputing you or anything, it's just I've talked to people who've trained with Tamden, and they tell me the kid has extremely strong wrestling at 170lbs with decent submission skills, and has damn good boxing. I haven't seen anything on the kid, but still would be interested to hear your point of view of him.

He was getting pretty much embarassed by Spratt in most facets of the game before Pete...well, pulled a Pete Spratt. I don't remember seeing anything special from him aside from being ridiculously tall for welterweight. Also, Gono's dropping down and actually fighting guys closer to his size (weight-wise) then he has been for most of his career, which should work in his favor.

Though, in addition to the new rules and cage to deal with, American scoring is not going to look kindly on a guy who's known to steal fights in the last 5 minutes of a match.

LeiTong covered it, but it's mostly the fact that he was getting pwned by Spratt until Spratt, well, choked I guess. Gono meanwhile has been a top ten 185'er, and if he handles the drop in weight well, which he should, he would be a force to be reckoned with.

Rewatching the Spratt/McCrory fight, I have a few thoughts to add:

- Tamden didn't do quite as bad as I remember, as he managed to take Spratt down and get his back pretty quickly. He also scored a takedown later in the round, and landed a few hards jabs in the fight.

-On the other hand, his ground game was quite amateurish in a lot of ways, as he was throwing his legs up for subs that weren't really set-up, getting his guard passed repeatedly, and attempting to roll out as a defense constantly. As for his wrestling, he managed to pretty comically toss himself to the mat as many times as he took Pete down (it was like watching a young, Twigyy-looking Dan Severn on those attempts).

Gono might now be my favorite fighter NAY.... person...... ever. I'll have to watch it again to make sure.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...-entrance_sport

I don't think the UFC will let him do this.

If I knew beforehand that the UFC would let him get away with even HALF of that, I'd probably buy the PPV just for that.

Gono might now be my favorite fighter NAY.... person...... ever. I'll have to watch it again to make sure.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...-entrance_sport

I don't think the UFC will let him do this.

Remember if you do shit like that in Vegas, chances are you'll die in the ring

Unfortunately.

I don't see how that would be unfortunate

Genki fagging it up mid-fight and letting Duane Ludwig into the bout was pretty frustrating to watch, and no amount of cosplay will make up for that (and to an extent, it exacerbates it).

Watching the weigh ins, Forrest looks absolutely shredded and Shogun is not doughy, but there isn't much definition to him. Not that this is a body building competition or anything, I am just wondering if he trained enough for the fight. At 235+ odds, I'd put money down on Forrest. Mainly because of his shreddedousity. No tricks either. No tan, no oils, no shaved chest. For a guy who was supposedly weighing 30-40 lbs heavier in his off time, I'm impressed.

I got to meet Couture, Rampage, GSP, Big John and Gina Carano today at the signing at Nordstrom's in Costa Mesa. I got a GSP/Affliction shirt signed by all of them.

Now it's off to Honda Center for the show.

How was the Affliction event?

I just ordered two sweet non-UFC affiliated hoodies from them. When it's $50 for a t-shirt, I found $77 for one of the hoodies not that bad.

It wasn't bad wait wise but it was buy your shirt, get in line, have it signed, shake hands, take a picture if you have someone manning a camera behind the rope, and then go.

Couture was first, then Maynard and Carano (who is absolutely stunning, even with some busted ass knuckles), Rampage (dude should do stand up), Big John and finally GSP.

Also, tomorrow OTM Fight Store in Huntington Beach is doing a Grand Opening event tomorrow with Tito, Carano, Monson, Babalu, Joe Stevenson and more from 10-7

I dunno, Huerta is being matched up against one of the dudes with possibly more energy then him. Regardless, should be a barn-burner. Rogers hasn't really faced anybody with the wrestling that Guida has so it'll be interesting to see how he'll react if Clay manages to impose his will. If the Evans fight from the TUF 5 finale is any indication he'll come back pissed off and wreck Guida.

So...Jake O'Brien's injuries, that were once thought to be career threatening, apparently aren't and he's set to resume training in early 2008.

I guess whoever the ball of sunshine it was that was glad his career is over is disappointed.