TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

It's not thread-start worthy but it's definetly note-worthy that UFC has chosen not to re-sign Yushin Okami, who's promptly been picked up by K1 HEROES and will make his debut on the Dec 31'st DYNAMITE! card facing Dong Sik Yoon.

I don't understand the logic of UFC pointing out that Okami was one of their top MW's in an article just last week and then choose to not re-sign him but at the same time having Okami around was bad for the division.

They problay couldn't stand the fact that Okami doesn't like to finish fights until late in the fight. Anderson problay is a bit pissed, he has said in the past he wanted to fight Okami and avenge that DQ loss.

Manny Gamburyan Vs. Nate Mohr is set for UFC 79.

WAR MANVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kick his ass a get one more step closer to the Diaz rematch!

I know you guys are all digging the interview with the BarnCat on mmajunkie. Taking Gono to the woodshed in a few weeks.

Rumored card for UFC 81 so far.......

Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir (confirmed by UFC.com)

Tyson Griffin vs Gleison Tibeau (not confirmed by UFC but by both camps)

Not set in stone but strongly being hinted at......

Anderson Silva vs TBA (likely Henderson if he makes the drop)

Patrick Cote vs TBA

Tim Sylvia vs Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera for either the new HW title or the interim title

Andrei Arlovski vs Mirko Cro-Cop

Diego Sanchez (making his LW debut) vs Kurt Pellegrino

Rumored card for UFC 81 so far.......

Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir (confirmed by UFC.com)

Tyson Griffin vs Gleison Tibeau (not confirmed by UFC but by both camps)

Not set in stone but strongly being hinted at......

Anderson Silva vs TBA (likely Henderson if he makes the drop)

Patrick Cote vs TBA

Tim Sylvia vs Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera for either the new HW title or the interim title

Andrei Arlovski vs Mirko Cro-Cop

Diego Sanchez (making his LW debut) vs Kurt Pellegrino

Whoa, what the fuck? Are you serious, this is way more stacked than any card they've had in a long while. I don't believe it.

Patrick Cote should be fighting everyone's bearded maniac by the way. Apparently Mr. Arm Triangle asked for the fight and Cote agreed.

How many times in the last 6 months has Tanner been rumored to comeback? I heard UFC 74, UFC 75, UFC 77, and UFC 79 all as dates Tanner was suppose to return. I ain't going to believe a damn thing until the contact is signed and reported by Dana himself.

Either way, I think it's a bad match for Tanner with all his ring rust. Cote is no joke, sure he got tooled by Lutter, but he's come back and looked much more mentally stronger since that fight. I would predict Cote to KO him.

Also it looks like RRR's best buddy Matt Bocek is taking on Doug Evans at UFC 79. Good match up, Evans gave a Huerta big time problems, wouldn't be suprised to see him pull out the victory again.

Also it looks like RRR's best buddy Matt Bocek is taking on Doug Evans at UFC 79. Good match up, Evans gave a Huerta big time problems, wouldn't be suprised to see him pull out the victory again.

Well it wouldn't be again, as he lost the first time.

Bocek had two things going against him in his last fight:

1) Octagon jitters/first time on the big stage

2) Doing it against one of the best LW in the UFC.

He won't have those issues this time. Still, Doug Evans is no joke so I look for this to be a very good, competitive fight.

Also I don't see how Cote has looked mentally stronger since the Lutter fight. Maybe he did great in the Grove fight, but that's because Grove is chinny as hell. In the Smith fight he actually seemed very nervous, because he failed to pull the trigger many times and was very hesitant.

http://www.kennyholland.com/

Link to Evan Tanner talking about how he signed a four fight deal.

Also I don't see how Cote has looked mentally stronger since the Lutter fight. Maybe he did great in the Grove fight, but that's because Grove is chinny as hell. In the Smith fight he actually seemed very nervous, because he failed to pull the trigger many times and was very hesitant.

http://www.kennyholland.com/

Link to Evan Tanner talking about how he signed a four fight deal.

He controlled Grove the whole fight, pushing him up against the fence, and basically out muscled him. It shocked me because Kendall is very strong at 185.

Yeah he was hesitant against Smith but there were many factors why he was...

1) He was 0-5 in the UFC, and didn't want to make a stupid mistake where it could cost him a chance of ever fighting in the promotion again

2) Did you see Smith's last fight before that against Sell? You saw what happen to Sell when he went in for the kill.

Pretty sure Swick is injured. I know he's playing a fair bit of poker because I've taken him to school on Full Tilt quite a few times.

In great news for people who want to see a FOTYC repeat but bad news for Rudo, Wagney Fabiano is out of his IFL GP Finals bout with Chris Horodecki. The replacement being Shad Lirely who went the distance with Chris earlier this year and impressed a lot of people in doing so.

Anyone else seen the coverage ESPN has given to Militech? I caught a piece on one of their new shows and there's also an article in a recent issue of the magazine. It's nothing that great, but it really shows the great timing ESPN has. When is the best time to highlight a guy and his gym or whatever? Why, when there aren't any champs left!

Now, I know that ESPN wasn't planning to do a story on this a few years back when nearly every UFC belt stayed in Iowa and just sat on it, but to claim that a trip to Bettendorf is practically a must for any up and coming MMA fighter without a champ around is kinda dumb. Of course, it's not like there are any other camps that are doing anything of note. It's because Pat's gym is grimy and gritty and tough, and Ben Rothwell gets to punch newcomers in the face until they leave! Grr!

So, in other words, ESPN is lame.

12/12 WEC card is stacked.

* Champ Urijah Faber vs. Jeff Curran (for featherweight title)

* Champ Paulo Filho vs. TBA (for middleweight title)

* Champ Doug Marshall vs. Ariel Gandulla (for light heavyweight title)

* Jens Pulver vs. Cub Swanson

* Chance Farrar vs. Micah Miller

* Brian Bowles vs. Marcos Galvao

* Dominick Cruz vs. Charlie Valencia

* Bryan Baker vs. Eric Schambari

* Todd Moore vs. Luis Sapo

Faber and Filho on the same card? Sweet.

Marquardt Vs. Leites is set for UFC 81! This is going to be fucking awesome!

People are trying to wonder who will be the #1 contender to Silva's belt, but if Leites beats Marquardt, then he will most likely be the front runner.

Also Filho's opponet is going to be Chael Sonnen, boo!!!!!!!!!!!!