TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

It was never marketed as a #1 Contenders fight, just that the winner moves a step closer. I think Rashad gets one more big fight against somebody in 2008 like Shogun, Lyoto or the Tito rematch and then we'll see him challenging.

And a big HOOOO-LEEEE SHIT to Silva/Hendo because if Hendo can't stop the path of destruction, nobody can.

And a big HOOOO-LEEEE SHIT to Silva/Hendo because if Hendo can't stop the path of destruction, nobody can.

Lindland matches up better with Silva then Hendo, IMO.

Lindland matches up better with Silva then Hendo, IMO.

Lindland has a terrible jaw though. One good punch and he might die from Silva.

Guest Vincent Vega
While I want to see Dan vs Anderson I hate the idea of him getting back to back title shots before winning any matches in the UFC.

but then again he was the pride 183 champ, but he never defended the belt...personally, i'd rather you go with henderson vs silva now rather then later. it baffles me as to why zuffa only offered filho a wec contract and not ufc. they could really use him in that division.

While I want to see Dan vs Anderson I hate the idea of him getting back to back title shots before winning any matches in the UFC.

but then again he was the pride 183 champ, but he never defended the belt...personally, i'd rather you go with henderson vs silva now rather then later. it baffles me as to why zuffa only offered filho a wec contract and not ufc. they could really use him in that division.

I read Filho didn't really want to fight Silva. Factor that in with Franklin pussying out of fighting him at the time, and I guess they just decided to go the other route. Okay, it still makes little sense.

You bitch about this subject too much. There is no other credible contenders for Anderson Silva to fight, atleast Henderson is a credible fighter who has a legit chance of beating Anderson.

Sean Salmon is going to die at this rate.

Salmon seems to be a nice guy, but I gotta say, he seems seriously outclassed when he goes up against better competition.

I hope Henderson beats Silva, not because I dislike Silva or anything, but because they need something buzzworthy at 185 that doesn't involve the stunt of having Matt Hughes move up in weight.

It's an interesting fight but after seeing The Gonz get rolled by Randy and people (hopefully not) recalling Werdum's last fight I can see why there isn't a lot of buzz surrounding it.

In an unrelated note feelers have been sent to AKA in regards to Jon Fitch taking on Gono at UFC 82 in Columbus which will have the main event of Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson but AKA has reportedly been pressing for a Karo fight.

You bitch about this subject too much. There is no other credible contenders for Anderson Silva to fight, atleast Henderson is a credible fighter who has a legit chance of beating Anderson.

If he gets beat up in this fight then it's hard to sell 0-2 Dan Henderson as a legit contender to UFC fans that don't know his background.

Cro Cop so far can't seem to cut it in the octagon, he'd have been exposed if he'd gotten an early title shot and ended up defending against so-so contenders like Kongo and Gonzaga

In an unrelated note feelers have been sent to AKA in regards to Jon Fitch taking on Gono at UFC 82 in Columbus which will have the main event of Anderson Silva vs Dan Henderson but AKA has reportedly been pressing for a Karo fight.

Thiago Alves said on Sherdog raido that the UFC apparently wants him to fight Gono next.

Cro Cop so far can't seem to cut it in the octagon, he'd have been exposed if he'd gotten an early title shot and ended up defending against so-so contenders like Kongo and Gonzaga

Cro Cop wasn't a champion in PRIDE, nor were the UFC in need of challengers to the HW title, like they are in the MW title. I don't see the issue here, Henderson is the only one on paper to give Anderson Silva a challenge. You rather the UFC feed some can or some prospect who isn't even near Anderson's level yet?

In the words of Eddie Murphy, "have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up".

relax. I just think it's stupid for the UFC to throw guys in title fights before even introducing the fans to who they even are. They did a great job with Rampage

Casual fans know Henderson as the guy who hanged tough with the Rampage at 205, it will have them wondering what Hendo is able to do at 185. Most UFC fans know who Hendo is already, as most of them have seen PRIDE before.

Thiago Alves said on Sherdog raido that the UFC apparently wants him to fight Gono next.

!!! I'd be all over that. Leg kicks vs. trickery, plus I mark for both guys.

relax. I just think it's stupid for the UFC to throw guys in title fights before even introducing the fans to who they even are. They did a great job with Rampage

Casual fans know Henderson as the guy who hanged tough with the Rampage at 205, it will have them wondering what Hendo is able to do at 185. Most UFC fans know who Hendo is already, as most of them have seen PRIDE before.

Also known as the guy who never defended his belt and somehow lost to fucking Kazuo Misaki in a non-title fight.

This isn't anything huge but I figured that it was at least note-worthy. In the article on UFC.com about the WW division when they bring up GSP they say that he's "likely" going to be getting a shot at the winner of Serra/Hughes but that another fight before then isn't outside the realm of possibility. If that's the case then there's no reason why GSP/Fitch shouldn't go down.

Also known as the guy who never defended his belt and somehow lost to fucking Kazuo Misaki in a non-title fight.

Wasn't the reason the title wasn't defended, because it was a tournment fight? But either way, no argument from me here, Henderson was a paper champion.

This comment doesn't even warrant being a comment that doesn't warrant a thread, but anyway, Oleg is fighting again. Against John Marsh.

I like Oleg as much as the next guy, so watching Marsh murder him will be no fun at all.