TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

MMA Comments that Don't Warrant a Thread

I'd say at this stage in BJ Penn's career, the time is right to move up and take on the biggest money fights available. He isn't old, but by no means is a young gunner either.

What else does BJ have to prove in his weight class? Hell, the bloated, "I don't take training seriously" Penn of 2 years ago could still beat most guys at 155.

UFC 90 poster, via from Patrick Cote's facebook...

ufc90.jpg

That staredown makes Cote looked scared shitless, and Anderson with that "I'm going to kill you" look and stance.

I was on Chuck Liddell's wikipedia page today, and apparently someone has a time machine. They put that Chuck Liddell beat Rashad Evans at 3:24 in the 2nd round by KO. Also, it won KO of the Night.

When you lose the staredown in the poster, it's probably time to hate life.

Despite the streak, knowing that Cote's lost to Travis Lutter and Chris Leben doesn't help my confidence in this being any less than another drubbing.

When you lose the staredown in the poster, it's probably time to hate life.

Despite the streak, knowing that Cote's lost to Travis Lutter and Chris Leben doesn't help my confidence in this being any less than another drubbing.

It should be noted that he lost to Leben by controverisal desicion...

Even though I don't think Cote will beat Silva, he is a more improved fighter then he was when he fought Lutter and Leben.

I'm doing a video for a guy who trains MMA fighters, recording a bunch of their training regimens with him and editing them together for a DVD package for him to sell. I've only gotten one shot so far since the trainer's going to Florida for a couple weeks and the fighter (Clay French if the name means anything to anyone. I don't follow a lot of MMA aside from watching the odd UFC fight on TV, so I dunno who anybody is) is going to Tokyo for a fight, but it's going really well so far.

Clay French got caught in one of my favorite submissions of all time, by Shinya Aoki! FLYING TRIANGLE CHOKE~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a solid fighter though, he holds a victory over Mac Danzig.

Unless I'm mistaken, a lot of the shooting is going to be done at Matt Hughes' HIT Squad in Granite. I doubt Hughes is going to be in the video, though.

I checked Tito's book out from the library and read it. Super fast read, so so book. Dude says at the end that when he's fighting on a card he's bringing in 20 to 50% of the gate.

Dude's a huge name, but seriously?

Per MMAJunkie Rachelle Leah is posing for Playboy.

Poor Rudo. He's going to be like a kid finding out the truth about Santa when he finally gives in that thems fake titties.

I'm sure he can drown his sorrows at the Million Dollar or something.

As for Tito, he's buddy-buddy with Donald Trump, the king of overestimating self-importance. I'm sure he learned a thing or two about stretching the truth.

Jake Shields will be fighting outside of EliteXC in his next bout and will also be moving up to 185 lbs. The Sherdog article mentions a "top-five middleweight" as his opponent which is leading to speculation that he'll be replacing Vitor Belfort against Matt Lindland at the October Affliciton show.