TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

What isn't stale in the WWE?

I don't know about the rest of you guys but more or less the WWE product to me is pretty much stale at this point. Same title matches during the pay per views, nothing really earth shattering, and the draft on the way but with guys showing up on any show left and right, even that doesn't matter anymore.

With that said though, what isn't stale to you personally on WWE TV? I'd really like to know, maybe I would focus on those parts of the WWE TV.

ECW has been fun the last couple weeks. Other than that...the women have been making the most of their opportunity to shine, and I've been interested in what's going to happen with DiBiase jr.

But for the most part I can't find anything to get excited about with the top programs.

Both Jeff Hardy and William Regal before they fucked it up for themselves. I was seriously excited about both of them, but now I don't really know.

Production/graphics.

I wholeheartedly disagree, unless you're talking about the HD aspects, which I don't see since I don't have HD. But basically the main problem I have is that they have used the same production elements for the past 11 years. The straight aisle/TitanTron, ramp, pyro, backstage interview area, announcers, ring ropes, floormats. Its looks like I'm nitpicking, but think about it: other than the current setup, can you name a ten year period where the TV shows looked nearly identical? Think about how drastically different it was in '88 as opposed to '98. Hell, from '90 to '95 the production changed unbelievably.

I know they've "tweaked" things, in '02, most recently when they switched to HD, but they've clung so long to the same style of producing the show and presenting every Raw as an epic event. They put the pedal to the floor in '97 and never looked back. Now it seems they're too afraid and/or oblivious to the problem to make any significant changes to what they put on TV.

And again, I'm sorry if that is not what you meant, but all the same, I think some would agree with me.

I'm honestly just having trouble watching anything WWE right now. I can watch ECW for the entire hour without a complaint but I only watch about half of Raw now and I haven't watched Smackdown in about a year. I think I'm just getting tired of all the crappy storylines and the same people in the same championships matches.

That's why I think I can really only watch ECW fully, it's mainly wrestling orinated and it's not the same people in the championship over and over again. There's normally a new face who wants to be the champion and are actually trying to after the title. Yeah....yay for ECW.

I didn't like Benjamin/Kingston initially, but I'm digging it now.

Regal was compelling on his GM/KotR powertrip.

Edge is always interesting enough.

Burke's dark match photos have me interested.

The upcoming draft is a must watch, even if SD will get pillaged.

I don't know, I can't really get into the Ted DiBiase Jr character too much right now. Maybe if the 2nd Generation stable plays out, it'll be a different story, but I'm 99% sure they'll half ass it and bastardize them into a pseudo-Spirit Squad w/o the pom poms. If DiBiase wasn't the Million Dollar Man's son, I don't think too many people would get behind him. He looks so fuckin generic. Kind of like a 2002 Randy Orton. I wish he could at least grow an evil goatee or something.

If DiBiase Jr does the same fist drop he was doing in NOAH I'd enjoy him even more.

Is this the same falling fistdrop that Ted Sr. used to do? I want that, and the (missed) falling back elbow drop off of the second rope k thx.

Vickie Guerrero

Trips vs. Cena

Ted Dibiase Jr.

Kingston vs. Benjamin.

Miz/Morrison...The best tag team in the world and I've watched almost all of the other "best" from different companies, but none entertain me more than "The In Crowd".

Batista/Jericho/Michaels feud IS the best angle in wrestling. It's kind of shocking that Batista might be in 2 straight feuds of the year.

The Divas Championship.

MVP finally getting a big storyline after dropping the title to Matt.

Big Show going after the ECW title.

Henry and Big Show storyline, Mark is awesome and I'm glad he's getting a push again...Thanks Hayes.

I for some reason like the team of Punk/Kane, not sure why.

The Finlay/Palumbo short feud.

WWE is awesome, not good as last year, but still awesome.

Henry and Big Show storyline, Mark is awesome and I'm glad he's getting a push again...Thanks Hayes.

Am I still the only one who's never seen any evidence of this? Every few months somebody praises him, all I see is the same lumbering squash machine month after month. I don't get it.

Anyway...

Vickie and Edge. The fallout when they inevitably split should be interesting too.

Kofi/Shelton.

Matt Bourne.

The rejuvinated Big Show.

Jericho/HBK, since it seems Batista's involvement in the feud is done.

The Raw women's division.

Miz and Morrison.

Cade vs. Murdoch, if they actually had more than one match.

Santino. Yes, still.

I'm interested in seeing Chavo vs. Matt at NOC, so long as it doesn't end up like every other championship feud and last anywhere from 3-12 months.

Cena and Mickie, surprisingly enough. x10 for any skit involving Mike Adamle.

Mike Adamle.

Santino/Piper

Singing Trevor Murdoch

Jericho/Batista/HBK

The teasing of Punk/Edge this past week

Kofi/Evan Borne tag team

The Smackdown Divas as a whole

Melina/Beth

Ted Dibiase Jr.

In all honesty, I don't think there is anything in The E that makes me want to watch the show at the moment. Both main event programs are boring, the IC title isn't being used and the tag title situation is lame on both brands with the exception of DiBiase Jr. But the fact that the WWE tag titles are worth jack shit it seems pretty pointless.

If there is one thing I will say about Mark Henry, he at least has shown he can do a variety of roles. He can do a goofball comedy act like the poetry readings with Chyna. He can do embarrassing crap like the Mae Young angle. Or he can be a monster heel that destroys people. When it comes to have the token Fat Black Guy I'd take him any day over Viscera. At least Henry has some charisma. But then I've often thought Viscera/Mabel/Big Daddy V is the least talented guy ever to somehow hang around for like 15 years (on and off).

I think this is the main reason I stopped watching the product for a long while now. I read the results to kind of be kept in the loop, but nothing sounds compelling enough on paper to bring me to actually watch the show.

It doesn't necessarily mean everything is "awful" but it still feels STALE.

I think the main problem is that the ME portion of the show is the most stale, and IMO, a solid ME scene is what drives the product, especially the way WWE produces and pushes the show.

Jericho's heel turn vs. HBK

Most of ECW

A handful of Divas

DiBiase Jr. has potential, but it could easily be screwed up

And I think Kane/Big Show/Henry is somewhat interesting, but I think it could be just as good without the ECW Title in the mix. Someone else can move into the championship spot and spice things up.

I gotta admit, looking at this thread, I'm glad the WWE did do SOMETHING to shake it up. It's a lot fresher now than it was a few days ago.

Vickie Guerrero

Not so much her as the reason, but the fact that it proves anyone can get over face or heel. The crowd reactions are worth tuning in to her segments. I continue to watch because even someone that's disappointing may start surprising me at any time.