TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Wall-E

Wall-E stands at 98% fresh right now at rottentomatoes and would be 100% minus two poorly written reviews from minor league critics most likely looking for attention. I'm probably going to check this out on a sunday matinee but I have really been looking forward to it ever since I saw the first preview about a year ago.

Pixar hasn't missed yet and it appears that's still the case after this weekend. This marks 9 consecutive movies that were critically acclaimed and unless something goes wrong this weekend... huge box office hits. Surely, they have to make a bad movie sometime right?

Anybody see it yet? Anybody else planning to? If I wasn't so busy this weekend I'd probably be going before Sunday. It looks like a really fine film.

I'm probably going to go see it either this weekend or the weekend after. I may take my buddy's kid to go see it (friend isn't too big on watching movies in theatres). But yeah, it does look like another amazing job done by Pixar.

This movie is tops on my To-Do list for the weekend, I can't wait. From what I've heard this will very much be a visually communicative film with minimal dialogue so I'm extremely excited to see what Pixar can cook up as they haven't made a bad film yet and, honestly, I don't them doing one for a while if ever.

I'm seeing it tonight. The reviews I've read so far have been insanly glowing, I've seen "best Disney movie ever" tossed around a bit (which has got to be crazy hyperbole, but still).

The quality of the CGI looks jaw dropping from the previews.

And yeah, Pixar's track record (both critically and financially) is unbelievable.

From what I've read the message is left there and you can take it or leave it as opposed to Happy Feet's message being an actual part of the plot. Pixar does a good job in all of its films of keeping the deeper shit hidden and I can't see them breaking form now.

From what I've read the message is left there and you can take it or leave it as opposed to Happy Feet's message being an actual part of the plot. Pixar does a good job in all of its films of keeping the deeper shit hidden and I can't see them breaking form now.

That's accurate. The message in the film isn't exactly subtle but they don't shove it down your throat either.

I saw the film today and loved it. Who woulda guessed that the best love story of the year would be between two robots? Just a beautiful, charming film from top to bottom, from the traditional opening short to the inspired ending credit sequence.

I didn't like Cars and didn't see Ratatoullie, but otherwise they've all been great.

I'll do a ranking too. Got nothin' better to do.

1. A Bug's Life (I liked the Seven Samurai-esque story a lot)

2. Toy Story

3. The Incredibles

4. Finding Nemo

5. Toy Story 2

6. Monsters Inc

7. Cars

N/a. Ratatoullie

Ratatouille was weird because it was a lot more toned-down then most Pixar films but the story/message were still there and the food animation was awesome. Every time I watch that movie I have the urge to eat and/or whip up a fancy dish of some kind.

My favourite pixar movies are:

1.) Toy Story

2.) The Incredibles

3.) A Bug's Life

4.) Toy Story 2

5.) Finding Nemo

6.) Ratatouille

7.) Cars

8.) Monster Inc.

I don't have any real order for Pixar, but I immensely enjoyed Ratatouille. Monsters Inc. was pretty decent. Incredibles was quite good but slightly overrated. Toy Story movies are good. But Finding Nemo...I thought that was utter crap.

As far as Wall-E goes, I'll probably wait for the DVD. It looks fun and sweet though. Anyone else think it looks like Short Circuit though?

I generally loath and avoid anything Disney and/or CGI, but the previews for this looks awsome. (I did like the 2 Toy Story movies and the first two Shrek fims)

I'm guessing the "message" in Happy Feet is about global warming. I'm curious to know the "message" of Ratatouille. It just looked like a movie about a rat that likes to cook. I never understood the appeal to the general public.

I generally loath and avoid anything Disney and/or CGI, but the previews for this looks awsome. (I did like the 2 Toy Story movies and the first two Shrek fims)

I'm guessing the "message" in Happy Feet is about global warming. I'm curious to know the "message" of Ratatouille. It just looked like a movie about a rat that likes to cook. I never understood the appeal to the general public.

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Guest Smues

I plan to see Wall-E this weekend hopefully. The trailers didn't do much for me, but neither did the ones for Ratatouille, but that ended up being one of my favorite movies ever, and the critics are loving Wall-E so I'm guessing I'll like it. As for the message thing, Pixar knows how to have a message without shoving it down your throat. Happy Feet took a passable kids movie and made it downright laughable with the shit at the end. And I do mean laughable, I got some strange looks from the little kids in the theater when I burst into laughter at the part where they ban all marine harvesting.

. And I do mean laughable, I got some strange looks from the little kids in the theater when I burst into laughter at the part where they ban all marine harvesting.

Off topic, banning marine harvesting is indeed laughable, but is anyone else pissed off the fucking Japs continue to insist its ok to kill whales?

I dont think I can stand 2 hours of "look what happens when you trash the Earth!" and "Consumerism is bad and so are large corporations!" from your friends at Disney...as they spew out Wall-E toys and other crap aimed at kids.

But really..it aint about that. Its a robot love story..aww..

I'm seeing it tomorrow. Other than "Cars", Pixar has yet to disappoint.

It looks like the most stupid, annoying thing I've ever seen judging by the previews. But if it's getting reviews that good... fuck. I hope my first impression was wrong.

I dont think I can stand 2 hours of "look what happens when you trash the Earth!" and "Consumerism is bad and so are large corporations!" from your friends at Disney...as they spew out Wall-E toys and other crap aimed at kids.

Now that you're this board's arch conservative, how in the hell did your ever vote for Nader?

Not judging, just really curious.

I saw Wall-E tonight and it was a great movie. It was very funny and a pretty emotional movie. Honestly it's a great movie if you're thinking about bringing a girlfriend....Or at least build to a girlfriend. Even though it could be a date movie, it's still a good movie overall. I really recommand people go out and see the movie.

Now that you're this board's arch conservative, how in the hell did your ever vote for Nader?

Not judging, just really curious.

Im not against anti-consumerism or hate big corporations, but Im against a large corporation like Disney telling me I should be in their big summer blockbuster movie with millions of dollars at stake in tie ins to toys sold to little kids. Its called being very hypocritical, look it up.

Saw it today. It's great, and could be one of my favorite movies of the year.

Splendid, splendid movie.

When Eve was trying to jog Wall*E's memory after rebuilding him I started to tear up.

Also I got sort of a different message, while I see the anti-consumerism slant. I got that people became strangers amongst friends, that the technology hindered the more important part of living and that's contact with others. (The first humans we see, talking to one another on screen when there things are floating side by side. The woman marveling at her everyday surroundings after WallE breaks her chair.)

We can see that with the internet, some people are more consumed with their MySpace friends list, or chatting on AIM than they aren't developing healthy relationships with their own families or people around them.

That's just something I got out of it anyways.

I enjoyed this movie a ton. I felt sorry for Wall-E a lot though. That damn robot sure could look sad.

Did anyone else like the short film before it? My favorite is still the one on another planet where the little chick looking things eat the warlords and then the alien sings WAR.

But, the rabbit thing was pretty funny.

Oh and did anyone have a preview for Beverly Hills Chihuhua? My mom has 4 Chihuhuas and I have 1. So you'd think I'd like anything involving them, not so much. It looks damn stupid.