National League vs. American League, 8:00/5:00 PM, FOX

SATURDAY

Phillies at Marlins, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

Padres at Cardinals, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

Red Sox at Angels, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

SUNDAY

A's at Yankees, 1:00 PM/10:00 AM, TBS

Red Sox at Angels, 6:00/3:00 PM, ESPN

Has anyone seen the Baseball America midseason Top 25? I can only find the top five.

Edit: Found it.

Their new top 25:

1. Clayton Kershaw, lhp, 20, Dodgers (AA)

2. David Price, lhp, 22, Rays (AA)

3. Matt Wieters, c, 22, Orioles (AA)

4. Colby Rasmus, of, 21, Cardinals (AAA)

5. Jason Heyward, of, 19, Braves (LoA)

6. Cameron Maybin, of, 21, Marlins (AA)

7. Matt LaPorta, of, 23, Indians (AA)

8. Rick Porcello, rhp, 19, Tigers (HiA)

9. Andrew McCutchen, of, 21, Pirates (AAA)

10. Travis Snider, of, 20, Blue Jays (AA)

11. Chris Tillman, rhp, 20, Orioles (AA)

12. Neftali Feliz, rhp, 20, Rangers (AA)

13. Trevor Cahill, rhp, 20, Athletics (AA)

14. Austin Jackson, of, 21, Yankees (AA)

15. Dexter Fowler, of, 22, Rockies (AA)

16. Brett Anderson, lhp, 20, Athletics (AA)

17. Michael Bowden, rhp, 21, Red Sox (AA)

18. Jarrod Parker, rhp, 19, D'backs (LoA)

19. Tim Alderson, rhp, 19, Giants (HiA)

20. Mat Gamel, 3b, 22, Brewers (AA)

21. Wade Davis, rhp, 22, Rays (AA)

22. Jeremy Hellickson, rhp, 21, Rays (AA)

23. Mike Moustakas, 3b, 19, Royals (LoA)

24. Fernando Martinez, of, 19, Mets (AA)

25. Madison Bumgarner, lhp, 18, Giants (LoA)

Just missing the cut: Lars Anderson, 1b, Red Sox; Adrian Cardenas, 2b, Phillies; Alcides Escobar, ss, Brewers; Michael Saunders, of, Mariners; Max Scherzer, rhp, Diamondbacks.

This year is probably the first in about 10 that I'm looking forward to tonight's Home Run Derby. I may even watch the entire thing. Longoria, Utley, Uggla, Hamilton, Braun, and Sizemore are all in it for the first time and I think Morneau only did it last year. For whatever reason this just feels like the most exciting group they've put together in a while.

Gooooo Dan Uggla. People need to be giving him more love.

And I'm a little surprised that David Price isn't #1 on that list of prospects.

So, I was reading this article over at Page 2, and holy crap, did the Phillies just pick up & relocate to Chicago for the 1984 season? Ex-Phillies on the '84 Cubs included:

Keith Moreland

Larry Bowa

Gary Matthews

Bob Dernier

Dickie Noles

Dick Ruthven

Warren Brusstar

Porfi Altamirano (had to look that up)

And, of course, Ryne Sandberg. Must have been the Dallas Green influence. Still, it was just weird reading that piece and saying to myself "ex-Phillie, ex-Philles, ex-Phillie..."

Baseball America midseason Top 25

14. Austin Jackson, of, 21, Yankees (AA)

I knew AJax was the highest position player prospect in the system, but I wasn't aware that he was this highly touted.

Anyway, I am syched for the HRD and the ASG. I haven't watched either one since 2003.

Guest !!!
So, I was reading this article over at Page 2, and holy crap, did the Phillies just pick up & relocate to Chicago for the 1984 season? Ex-Phillies on the '84 Cubs included:

Keith Moreland

Larry Bowa

Gary Matthews

Bob Dernier

Dickie Noles

Dick Ruthven

Warren Brusstar

Porfi Altamirano (had to look that up)

And, of course, Ryne Sandberg. Must have been the Dallas Green influence. Still, it was just weird reading that piece and saying to myself "ex-Phillie, ex-Philles, ex-Phillie..."

Have you ever used the late great Mike Royko's Ex-Cub Factor to determine if a team will choke due to too many Cub alumni?

I'd like to mention here that I'm completely fucking sick of hearing about how great a story Josh Hamilton is. What about beating addiction makes someone better than a person who avoids it altogether?

Did anyone see that MLB channel commercial? Have I been out of the loop because that's the first I've heard of it, and it could end up being SICK.

Did anyone see that MLB channel commercial? Have I been out of the loop because that's the first I've heard of it, and it could end up being SICK.

January 1st is a long time away. I was wondering when MLB was going to have their own channel.

This Derby kinda sucks because there's no bodies of water or large walls for them to hit over. You can see blasts to the RF deck so many times before it gets old, though Berkman is making the best of it right now. Somebody's got to hit that Utz potato chip ad.

Guest Smues

Berman is calling it? Well that makes the decision not to watch it easy. Back back back gets old fast.

Smacking them into the black seats in center would be impressive, but that's the deepest part of the park and nobody is going to try that when they can pull it to either side.

I'm sure in context it didn't seem much different, but I just walked into the room and immediately heard "...no disrespect, but there's eight white guys here." I'm not really sure what the point he was trying to make was, but it was pretty funny just coming into the room.

This is like The Bigs. I'm just waiting for him to blast one into the video wall.

And he just signed an autograph mid-round.

Edited by KingPK

Guest Vitamin X
I'd like to mention here that I'm completely fucking sick of hearing about how great a story Josh Hamilton is. What about beating addiction makes someone better than a person who avoids it altogether?

It doesn't make anyone better than anyone, but it is an admirable feat and especially to come back this season the way that Hamilton has to being an all-star. What's so wrong about that?

He might as well bunt 10 times in the 2nd round. That or just take Erin Andrews in the Yankee clubhouse for a half hour.

Edited by KingPK