TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Comments that don't warrant a thread

So, taking into account everything from in-ring work, ability in segments out of ring, mic work, character, look, gift to create compelling storylines, all of that... is there any arguement that Edge is the best in the world right now? I had this discussion elsewhere and I've yet to hear anything convincing. On the face of it he hasn't really changed that much. But it's amazing how much more well-rounded Edge has become since even his first World Title, and most definately since winning Money In The Bank at Mania 21 which I watched the other day to see virtually a totally different person.

I'm picking Jericho at the moment. Haven't liked the guy since his whiny crybaby cruiser role in WCW, and could never see him being a threat. Thought when he was in there with the likes of Cena and Batista that it was a joke for them to sell him as a threat. When he came back it was more of the same. But now I buy the dude. If you put him up against Cena this time around I could actually buy him having a chance against him. I'm loving that for the first time in years he's showing that he has range as a character and he's finally playing a heel this time around. It'll be much better this time around when they eventually put him up against Cena, as he won't be trying to still the cheers away like every "heel" was doing around the time up until Edge got to him.

Edge is great though... it certainly takes a lot of talent to be bigger and more important than the actual show you're on... and no one has had that ability to do that since Austin and Rock. Cena at times can come off like this but it's usually killed off by some lame written promos, and Batista doesn't have enough range to make up for his killer presence to be like this.

So I was browsing this thread and saw a couple of people mention that they thought about/were going to house shows and I decided to check WWE.com to see if they added a show any closer to me in their September Ark-La-Miss loop, and they're in Monroe, Louisiana (an hour from where I live, the closest they'll ever get) on September 13. It'll probably suck in comparison to the TNA show I went to in the same arena 3 weeks ago, but I can't turn down live wrestling. My best friend wants to go just to see Triple H, so there goes my argument that HHH doesn't draw money.

Raw's main event on Monday.....Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes defend the tag titles against John Cena & Batista. (wo.com)

---I hope they dont do the title switch, building Cena/Batista just as the Michaels/Cena feud. They've done the "rivals become tag champs" storyline far too much too many times in the last 3-4 years.

Raw's main event on Monday.....Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes defend the tag titles against John Cena & Batista. (wo.com)

---I hope they dont do the title switch, building Cena/Batista just as the Michaels/Cena feud. They've done the "rivals become tag champs" storyline far too much too many times in the last 3-4 years.

I don't see a title change happening. I could see the champions win by pinfall when either Cena or Batista do something to cost the other the fall, and with the parity booking WWE likes, if that happens then whoever gets pinned here will likely win their singles match at Summerslam.

In other words they would be doing the same booking as Batista/UT from WM last year, with Batista costing UT that tag match and UT getting the win at WM.

In other words they would be doing the same booking as Batista/UT from WM last year, with Batista costing UT that tag match and UT getting the win at WM.

I don't think it'll be deliberate, if it happens. I think they're going to make the Summerslam match more of a face vs. face, shades of gray affair.

ECW's main event on Tuesday is a hum-dinger (note sarcasm).....Tommy Dreamer vs. Armando Estrada. If Estrada loses, he leaves ECW. (again, Observer site)

---I'm guessing the attempt to have Estrada work matches has completely failed and he'll go back to managing someone.

Ordinarily, I'd assume Dreamer could pick up the duke, but the thought of him winning two televised matches in a row is just that, a thought. It's not going to happen. Estrada 'earns' his contract when Delaney fucks Dreamer over again and Estrada/Delaney become the ultimate loser-team.

From PWI:

Elite member JBird sent the following......I had a chance to see Ricky Steamboat Jr. tonight at a show in Elkin, NC. He looked very good to be only 21 yrs. old, he was a great seller and had a great work ethic. He was wrestling for NWA Carolinas, he wrestled George South for a full 20 min. and rolled him up as time was running out for the TV title belt they have. It was in a National Guard Armory so it was very humid in there so by the 20 min. mark he had a good sweat going like his dad would get in his long matches with Ric Flair and others. What I am getting at is that he looks just like his dad and it was like watching his father when I was a kid, almost brought a tear to my eye, he seems to have the same mannerisms, too. I talked to him and he said he is going to do 1 more show Aug. 30th in Mocksville, NC at the Armory for NWA Carolinas and after that is moving to Missouri to train with Harley Race, so this will be the last chance for anyone to see him in NC for a while.

Have any of you seen him work yet?

From Meltz update"

There is also a foreword by Bret Hart. The book price is $12.95 plus $3.50 for shipping costs in the U.S., $10 for shipping costs to Canada and $12 for shipping costs outside North America. You can order the book the same way you order the newsletter.

eat Ole & Arn Anderson

Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news from this site or from our newsletters, please include a link to www.f4wonline.com as opposed to "From F4W", "From Figure Four Weekly" or derivatives. Thank you!

I love Dave's typos

What loser does Dreamer bring in to help him defeat the duo of Estrada/Delany?

Mikey Whipwreck. :lol:

Is it wrong that I'd actually love to see that?

Another ECW note, The Dirt Sheet will be aired as a normal segment (apparently every week) starting this Tuesday on the show.

Also, SNME, to no surprise, tanked in the ratings, even pulling under what EliteXC did last weekend. Generally speaking, it was viewed by about the same amount of people that check out ECW every week.

Another ECW note, The Dirt Sheet will be aired as a normal segment (apparently every week) starting this Tuesday on the show.

Awesome. Now more people will realize how awesome Miz and Morrison are.

This was long overdue.

Eh, while I dig Morrison and his brand of humor, The Miz is just fuckin unfunny during these segments.

Weird, I feel it's the opposite.

Morrison gets all the good lines, but due to his horrible monotone his lines come out as if he's the straight man and that makes Miz even more enjoyable.

This was long overdue.

Hell yeah. WWE.com is full of stuff that really should be included on the shows, because talent actually get to showcase some personality that helps get them over.

I thought it was pretty obvious it's his old mask?

I hope it is, but I never assume anything when it comes to the WWE.

Also....

-Ross on C.M. Punk: "For those that choose to watch or to DVR NBC’s Saturday Night’s Main Event, I think you will be pleasantly surprised with World Champion C.M. Punk’s commentary during the opening 8 man tag that featured Raw Superstars. Punk doesn’t get the credit yet that he has earned or deserves as the World’s Champion. Punk has some RVD-like qualities about him as it relates to having a loyal and vocal fan base. If Punk can continue to navigate choppy waters, he will hopefully establish residence on the "next level" and stay there for the foreseeable future."

prowrestling.net from JR's blog

That's some great and welcome news.

I thought it was pretty obvious it's his old mask?

But which mask?

The good one:

2615.jpg

Or the bad one?

79415836.jpg

With or without wig/black eye makeup? With or without Paul Bearer?

Eh, while I dig Morrison and his brand of humor, The Miz is just fuckin unfunny during these segments.

Weird, I feel it's the opposite.

Morrison gets all the good lines, but due to his horrible monotone his lines come out as if he's the straight man and that makes Miz even more enjoyable.

Fuck that, his monotone is what makes those lines work. He's finally caught on on how to speak in a near-monotone and still inflect, as opposed to how completely unintentionally bored he sounded trying to do it last year when he was the ECW Champion.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned, but the house shows for 1/8 and 3/8 has Cena beating Rhodes/DiBiase in handicap matches and Jericho jobbing to Punk's GTS.

Hopefully Jericho/Punk is on for Summerslam.