TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Here are some segment-by-segment ratings notes from last Monday's Raw. The Lance Cade vs. Paul London match and beginning of Jericho's promo lost 214,000 viewers. The conclusion of his interview as well as the Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix match gained 260,000 viewers. The "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Jerry Lawler, Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes segment gained 149,000 viewers. The Cena & Cryme Tyme vs. JBL & Rhodes & DiBiase match gained 343,000. The mixed tag match featured Kofi Kingston & Mickie James vs. Paul and Katie Lea Burchill lost 206,000 viewers. The Santino Marella vs. D-Lo Brown match and Marella & Beth Phoenix angle gained 34,000 viewers. The first-ever match between CM Punk and Batista lost 86,000 viewers. The post-match stuff featuring Cena, Batista and JBL gained 756,000 viewers and drew the show’s peak rating at 3.89. Overall, the show drew a 3.32 rating and 4.74 million viewers. It wasn't the most watched cable show of the night as it finished in third place behind TNT's The Closer and Saving Grace.

If this warrants a thread, please feel free to move it.

Yes, and I'd credit all 756,000 of them to Cena.

Who knows, maybe if it was Cena, JBL, and CM Punk it would have been 757,000.

I'm asking for Batistas rating history when he's not on screen with an established draw.

CM Punk and Batista lost 86,000 viewers. The post-match stuff featuring Cena, Batista and JBL gained 756,000 viewers and drew the show’s peak rating at 3.89.

It might be the way WWE has handled Punk's title reign and the post-MITB losses from before. He gets laid out usually and has yet to beat a top star on Raw cleanly. Any time he's had a match with Batista, it's ended in a DQ from outside interference.

We'll see what happens when/if he does beat a top star cleanly though.

The 700,000 viewers were probably the overrun which usually gets a huge surge. Losing 80,000 viewers doesn't really mean too much, as opposed to say, Kofi Kingston & Mickie James vs. Paul and Katie Lea Burchill which lost 206,000 viewers.

Small fluctuations in viewers are due to commercials and such, or so I've read.

Yeah. I was going to mention the over run as well. Didn't Punk gain ratings when he won the title, or a match after that?

(909, you can call this thread "Punk losing ratings!?")

ZOMG PUNK IS BEING BERRIED AGAIN.

Or could it also be that people didn't want to see the same match which had the odds of ending the same way it did at GAB? And the overrun could have been what most viewers do and that's tune out to catch a end of a show then tune back into Raw to catch the end of the match or to find out what just happen.

So the shitty Smackdown!/ECW house show I was talking about last night ended up sounding crappier than advertised. The Big Show no-showed and they apparently ended up with an exciting double main event of Mark Henry Vs Matt Hardy and The Great Khali Vs Finlay. Apparently, Sign Guy was there in the front row so that's got to count for something, right? RIGHT!?

The house show closest to me is two days before Unforgiven: does this mean we're going to see practice runs of the PPV matches, or are we going to see a ton of guys half-assing it to try to lower the risk of injury?

Unforgiven is in Cleveland this year and I think ticket prices actually went down since the last ppv here Survivor Series 2004. I got 1st row seats, center ring, in the upper deck for $80 . . . the prices for Unforgiven are:

$150

$85

$65 - I would guess those same seats I got four years ago cost this much now.

$45

$25

Still no bargain but it'd be the 1st show I've gone to since a SD/ECW taping a couple weeks before WM23.

Unforgiven is in Cleveland this year and I think ticket prices actually went down since the last ppv here Survivor Series 2004. I got 1st row seats, center ring, in the upper deck for $80 . . . the prices for Unforgiven are:

$150

$85

$45

$25

Still no bargain but it'd be the 1st show I've gone to since a SD/ECW taping a couple weeks before WM23.

I live in Columbus and a friend of mine and I are going to the show, but I don't see where to get tickets? I just looked on ticket master and the event isn't even listed.

Suggestion for the next TSM Q&A-

A poster at another board tells me that Lanny Poffo responds to every one of his e-mails personally. I think a The Genius Q&A has massive potential. His shoot interview was surprisingly one of the best I've heard. Only problem is the Q&A wouldn't really fit in the WWE folder. Then again, neither did Gangrel's.

The address according to his website is [email protected]

$150

$85

$45

$25

I live in Columbus and a friend of mine and I are going to the show, but I don't see where to get tickets? I just looked on ticket master and the event isn't even listed.

My thinking may be a bit antiquated, but I believe the charge considerably more for Rumble/Mania (obviously)/SummerSlam/Survivor Series tickets.

An interesting WWE/F tidbit from the 6/10/91 Observer posted today:

With Sid Justice as a babyface, the most speculated-about main event for next year's Wrestlemania is Hogan vs. Warrior with Warrior going heel at the end of this year. Here are just a few reasons: 1) Between Sid and the return of Randy Savage in the fall, Warrior will probably fall to the No. 4 face, which isn't a position that is a major factor in drawing fans. If he turns, he can easily be the No. 1 heel, or at worst, No. 2, because Slaughter is already being pushed well after whatever value he has is gone and Undertaker will probably work house shows in the fall and winter against Hogan; 2) Warrior is a walking public relations time bomb as a face, because at any time any major media source could bring up his past once again; 3) You don't really think Hogan is going to retire without beating Warrior in Wrestlemania at least once, do you? .

The edition came out right after Sid made his WWF debut, and since he was a face, the consensus was that a Sid/Hogan match at Wrestlemania VIII wasn't going to happen. :)

Also, it only took Hogan 7 more years or so to get the return win over Warrior...

Awesome poll in the Raw section of WWE.com

Who might Shane and Stephanie McMahon consider for the new Raw GM?

Eric Bischoff 15.26 %

Armando Estrada 2.72 %

Linda McMahon 14.00 %

Snitsky 4.03 %

Val Venis 63.96 %

Total Votes: 307971

I also find it funny that Linda would have to be considered by her kids in order to take over as GM.

The 700,000 viewers were probably the overrun which usually gets a huge surge. Losing 80,000 viewers doesn't really mean too much, as opposed to say, Kofi Kingston & Mickie James vs. Paul and Katie Lea Burchill which lost 206,000 viewers.

Small fluctuations in viewers are due to commercials and such, or so I've read.

Yes, but even that is not such a big deal, as they usually lose more viewers at that point... there are just certain times that no matter what they try to do.... they're going to lose viewers.

anyone remember Marty Garner I am going to assume no he is this guy.

He is trying to get back in the WWE.

http://www.hirechampain.com/

Which has gotten this reaction by John Laurinaitis.

Marty "Cham Pain" Garner's viral campaign to be hired by WWE and TNA has ruffled the feathers of WWE senior vice president of talent relations John Laurinaitis. Garner launched a "Hire Cham Pain" campaign that encourages fans to send emails to officials from both companies, and to bring signs to events that urge both companies to hire him. Garner told Tha O Show earlier this week that Laurinaitis contacted him to complain that his email address was published on Garner's website.

Garner claims Laurinaitis complained that his account has been bombarded with emails, and stated that fans had figured out the email addresses of other company officials by placing their names in front of the standard WWE address. Garner noted that the phone call concluded with Laurinaitis telling him that the company would never hire him and that he is no longer welcome at their shows.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...le1002226.shtml

Marty Garner is best known by current WWE fans as the random guy MVP squashed at No Mercy '06 and to watchers of latter day WCW Saturday Night (IE myself) as Frog, PG-13's Lodiesque lackey.

And he apparently sued WWE and settled out of court after getting injured by that Pedigree. I'm surprised they've taken him back in the first place (even if it is as a job guy) and that he's so desparate to get hired. You think almost getting paralyzed would make you wary of working with WWE again.