TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Comments that don't warrant a thread

The thing is that in today's WWE there are so few catchphrases that when a rather tepid one like "Kennedy... Kennedy" comes along it stands out and some people are actually impressed with it and get behind it.

Around the time Kennedy won MITB, he was on FIRE. He was set to take the title off the injured Taker before he got injured and they went with the much better Edge run. A returning face Kennedy gunning after heel Edge would have been great for both of them. Instead, they brought him back and switched him over to Raw and kept him a heel.

man, JEFF HARDY of all people punked him out with a promo...Jeff Hardy...

Just personal preference I guess, I've never gotten in to his KENNEDY KENNEDY schtick...I mean he's OK on the mic, but nothing that makes me go ga-ga or anything. Personally, I think MVP has come along a lot further than Kennedy.

How can someone get "punked out" in a promo, when they are scripted in the first place? It's not like they are going out there without lines....

Blame the writers and not the other person's apparent lack of mic skills (which clearly isn't true, Kennedy can talk) for that.

UF_120x240.jpg

I'm singin' in the rain

Just singin' in the rain

What a glorious feelin'

I'm happy again.

I'm laughing at clouds.

So dark up above

The sun's in my heart

And i'm ready for love.

Let the stormy clouds chase.

Everyone from the place

Come on with the rain

I've a smile on my face

I'll walk down the lane

With a happy refrain

Just singin'

Singin' in the rain

Dancin' in the rain...

I'm happy again...

I'm dancin' and singin' in the rain...

Either that or I could see Creed in the background performing.

I hope Batista gets a title shot at Unforgiven , Batista's character revolves around chasing or holding the, no scratch that, HIS World Heavyweight Championship.

Unforgiven_2008.jpg

I'm singin' in the rain

Just singin' in the rain

What a glorious feelin'

I'm happy again.

I'm laughing at clouds.

So dark up above

The sun's in my heart

And i'm ready for love.

Everyone from the place

Come on with the rain

I've a smile on my face

I'll walk down the lane

With a happy refrain

Just singin'

Singin' in the rain

Dancin' in the rain...

I'm happy again...

You have no idea how much I hate that poster based simply on the fact it reminds me of Creed.

With the font of Unforgiven, it looks like they were trying for some horror movie look.

If MVP/Hardy does happen at Summerslam like it is planned to, MVP desprately needs to go over here... He needs any kind of momentum at this point, he hasn't really done anything since his feud with Matt Hardy ended, where he was made to look like a total bitch.

A win for MVP does a lot more for MVP, then would a win for Hardy, would do for Hardy. Hardy doesn't need to go over MVP to gain any kind of momentum, he will be over regardless.

What the hell is with that Unforgiven poster? :o And if its Batista's title he's going to be needing it back this Sunday! ;) Your not the only one Lushus who thinks Kennedy isn't anything special on the mic. I too have never understood this guy's popularity. He isn't a good worker (due to many injuries), and he isn't good on the mic at all. Why do so many people want this guy pushed? A face Kennedy feuding with Edge? Ugh, that would have been awful. That would have killed Smackdown's business if they did that. Not to mention Kennedy right now is the worst babyface I've ever seen. I mean his act is so annoying, who would possibly cheer him?

Just personal preference I guess, I've never gotten in to his KENNEDY KENNEDY schtick...I mean he's OK on the mic, but nothing that makes me go ga-ga or anything. Personally, I think MVP has come along a lot further than Kennedy.

How can someone get "punked out" in a promo, when they are scripted in the first place? It's not like they are going out there without lines....

Blame the writers and not the other person's apparent lack of mic skills (which clearly isn't true, Kennedy can talk) for that.

let me rephrase...he was out-promoed

btw, you do know those things aren't always 100% scripted, right?

Heres the full story on Foley

Mick Foley's latest run with WWE could conclude at Summer Slam. His contract is set to expire soon and he's uncertain whether he wants to move forward with his role as a Smackdown color commentator. There are some lingering bad feelings that stem from Vince McMahon coming down hard on Foley while producing him through the headsets one week back when Foley was still working with Michael Cole. Foley was so bothered by what McMahon said to him over the headsets that he called him later that night to discuss the situation.

Although the buzz is that Vince has toned things down while producing Foley since then, Mick is still bothered by the way he and other announcers have been produced. The ball is in Foley's court in the sense that WWE wants him to re-sign, but he wants to know that he'll have fun doing the job and won't have to put up with Vince's maniacal rants. Foley is expected to appear at Summer Slam in some capacity. That show is viewed as a possible end date for Foley if he chooses not to re-sign with the company.

prowrestling.net

Mick Foley's The Hardcore Diaries leads me to believe that all the promos are scripted.

99 percent of the time, they are. With the exceptions being the top guys at times.

Unforgiven_2008.jpg

I'm singin' in the rain

Just singin' in the rain

What a glorious feelin'

I'm happy again.

I'm laughing at clouds.

So dark up above

The sun's in my heart

And i'm ready for love.

Everyone from the place

Come on with the rain

I've a smile on my face

I'll walk down the lane

With a happy refrain

Just singin'

Singin' in the rain

Dancin' in the rain...

I'm happy again...

You have no idea how much I hate that poster based simply on the fact it reminds me of Creed.

With the font of Unforgiven, it looks like they were trying for some horror movie look.

I don't get it...

I don't get it...

Batista is featured on one of the worst PPV posters WWE has ever made. It looks like he's trying to emulate Bill Bixby from the Incredible Hulk TV series opening.

Sadly, most of the promos are 100% scripted these days.

Kennedy's really good on the mic, but he's just lost in the shuffle right now. I thought it was odd they would send him to Smackdown! and then job him out to Umaga.

I do laugh at Meltzer and Alvarez's fixation on hating him b/c he keeps putting his foot in his mouth

Kennedy's really good on the mic, but he's just lost in the shuffle right now. I thought it was odd they would send him to Smackdown! and then job him out to Umaga.

Kennedy defeated the U.S. Champion, Shelton Benjamin on SD! last week, thus setting up a program with Benjamin... Try to keep up.

Fuck the sing-a-long basketball announcer routine act that Kennedy has going right now. He showed his true potential in the Taker feud and the build to his title match with Batista at the Rumble a couple of years ago.

I never said I disliked Kennedy, either. I do think he's somewhat overrated given everything he hasn't been doing since his last SD run. I don't know if he'll ever recover that momentum again, but his face act now isn't the way to do it. He hasn't been great as a face or anything, but last year was the time to do it. I think what hurt him more than anything was being drafted to Raw and taken away from what would've been a hot feud with Edge. Of course things like jobbing to Super Crazy and sticking his foot in his mouth didn't help. Now I think he should've stuck with Raw to build on his momentum after Regal and eventually make him into a challenger there. Go figure.

The reason I compared him to Carlito is because I think they're similar types with the same strengths and weaknesses and whose careers have followed the same path, albeit for different reasons.

Kennedy defeated the U.S. Champion, Shelton Benjamin on SD! last week, thus setting up a program with Benjamin... Try to keep up.

I watched Smackdown EHME, so I am keeping up.

We'll see where this goes, before calling it a programme.

Still makes no sense to just job him out to Umag like they did

After starting the Bulldog thread in the general board, it got me thinking about Owen.

What I thought about was this. It's been 9 years since Owen died. I could've sworn I haven't heard his kids say ANYTHING about it. Since they are a little older now, especially the son, has anyone ever heard their thoughts on what happened to their dad? Also, it's probably a lock Martha won't let them enter the wrestling business?