TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Comments that don't warrant a thread

--The Smackdown main event for Unforgiven will also be a scramble match. The Smackdown spoilers have the match. Don't want to give away the four guys with HHH because they are determined by who wins matches that air on Friday night. They have changed the rules again today of the two Scramble match title bouts. They've added a Royal Rumble/War Games like stipulation. The champion and one challenger will start. The other challengers enter every five minutes. When a fall is won, the winner of the fall is called the temporary champion, but will not be recognized as a new champion in title histories. The last pinfall winner when the 20:00 expires leaves as champion.

F4W

So then the last guy, while coming in fresh, only has five minutes to do anything?

In theory, his freshness would be a big advantage and would simply only need to pick off the weakest one of the bunch. They'll make to hype the importance of being the last man in.

The Championship Scrambles certainly offer a lot of different strategies to be utilized during the match. Do you wait for everyone to beat the crap out of each other and steal a pin at the end of the match? Do you use team work? These matches can play out a lot of different ways.

*All the CS talk should probably be moved into its own thread*

Tomko, who recently parted ways with TNA, was backstage at last Tuesday's SmackDown/ECW taping in Atlanta. It wouldn't be surprising to see him return to WWE as there has been interest in him since his career revival in TNA.

Im wondering about Gail Kim now that shes out of TNA.

I think they need to add someone with a little more star power to Smackdown's unforgiven scramble match. I know its been said, but Kendrick and Shelton are far from title contenders. MVP is up there, but someone in his position should be the "lowest" in a match like this. Jeff Hardy is a legit contender, but as for the rest...nah.

Kennedy, Umaga, Show, Carlito, and hell, even Koslov should be in there above Kendrick and Shelton. I hope they add more to the match, because even with the scramble stipulation, even the most casual fan should be well aware that HHH is winning this match.

When did Gail Kim leave TNA?

According to Wikipedia, she was released today 8/20/08 for "unknown reasons". I'm not too familiar with TNA, but it was probably due to personal issues as I've never heard of her being a problem backstage.

I don't get the lack of current push for Kozlov. With Russia currently back in the news it seems obvious that Kozlov could be pushed as a top heel. He's sort of a question mark at the moment, mostly squashing people but showing some signs of being decent in more lengthy matches (like with Festus this past week).

I'm not sure how Carlito would be considered above TBK and the current US Champion, Shelton Benjamin. Besides, Kennedy and Umaga are injured right now.

I don't get the lack of current push for Kozlov. With Russia currently back in the news it seems obvious that Kozlov could be pushed as a top heel. He's sort of a question mark at the moment, mostly squashing people but showing some signs of being decent in more lengthy matches (like with Festus this past week).

I REALLY hope they dont get crazy and try and do HHH vs Kozlov to capitalize on the events with Russia while they can.

I REALLY hope they dont get crazy and try and do HHH vs Kozlov to capitalize on the events with Russia while they can.

Are you on drugs? Right now seems like the only chance in the foreseeable future where Kozlov can serve any kind of pertinent uppercard purpose.

Are you on drugs? Right now seems like the only chance in the foreseeable future where Kozlov can serve any kind of pertinent uppercard purpose.

But he's not ready..and the fans wont buy it.

That's a reason to push someone in pro wrestling. Not by being entertaining (strike 1), showing that you can connect to the audience in anything other than getting cheap heat (strike 2) or bringing something new and exciting to the table that'll get people to tune in to watch you (strike 3), but because your country is declaring war and bombing another country.

That Festus match was as much Festus as Koslov, if not more. Why not push Festus? At least he's entertaining.

But he's not ready..and the fans wont buy it.

Has that stopped them before?

Courtesy of PWI

BACKGROUND ON GAIL KIM'S TNA DEPARTURE AND WHERE SHE'S HEADING

by Mike Johnson @ 11:55 AM on 8/21/2008

Former TNA Knockout champion Gail Kim will be heading back to World Wrestling Entertainment, according to several WWE sources. From what I am told, it was a pretty sizeable offer so I'd expect her to be pretty heavily in the Diva mix when she debuts.

Kim's contract with TNA was coming up, so once it expires, she is free to start working for WWE. I was told the decision was completely a financial one, not anything stemming from unhappiness over how she was booked or presented by TNA, which made her the nucleus of their Knockouts division when it officially launched last year.

TNA sources indicate that Kim left on extremely good terms and as one person told me, the "door is always open". I am told there was no heat over her departure. Kim's final TNA appearance will be on tonight's Impact broadcast, facing TNA rival Awesome Kong in a Street Fight.

What I wouldn't give for Molly and Trish to return to the E right about now...

I'm just saying this...if they aren't building Kozlov to do something fairly major then what's the point of him being there and squashing people? They'll almost have to pay it off with some sort of PPV title match with HHH, even if it's to job him out.

So which brand does Gail Kim end up on? The SD! diva's need some help there, but you'd think they'd add her to the Raw division which is down to one face Diva (well two if you count Kelly Kelly).

Mickie James

Beth Phoenix

Gail Kim

Katie Lea

Jillian

Kelly Kelly

Melina(injured)

Layla (though she no-showed wwe events recently)

That's a pretty damn good division. However that would leave SD! with -

Michelle

Nattie

Maria

Victoria

Candace (rumored switch upon return)

Alicia Fox (if she is brought back with Edge)

So which brand does Gail Kim end up on? The SD! diva's need some help there, but you'd think they'd add her to the Raw division which is down to one face Diva (well two if you count Kelly Kelly).

Mickie James

Beth Phoenix

Gail Kim

Katie Lea

Jillian

Kelly Kelly

Melina(injured)

Layla (though she no-showed wwe events recently)

That's a pretty damn good division. However that would leave SD! with -

Michelle

Nattie

Maria

Victoria

Candace (rumored switch upon return)

Alicia Fox (if she is brought back with Edge)

Sup with Layla? I haven't heard anything negative about her since she joined up.

As far as the women's division goes, right now, they have enough talent to merge both titles and have their own show. Not in a campy way like GLOW, but something to draw some kind of creditability while at the same time grab the male demographic.

No point in having 12-13 wrestlers just to have 2 matches a week.

I love the CS concept. I hope they will use this more than once a year, but in 1 on 1 matches. It gives title matches some importance. You could even implement a scoring system for extra drama. Pinfall = 1 point Submission = 2 points DQ/Count Out = 2 point for the other guy

Adamle training for a match AND an announcement that Steve Austin is making an appearance at Cyber Sunday coming out at the same time... wonder if they're finally doing their Coach/Austin match (with Adamle in Coach's place). Vote for Verbal Debate.

Only if they job Austin out to Adamle the way they wanted to job him to the Coach. It still blows my mind that they wanted to do that and then also wanted Austin to wrestle Hogan at WM after that.