TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Affliction: Day of Reckoning

After postponing the 10/11 PPV, Michael Cohen, the COO of Affliction told MMArated.com that there will be a public announcement made and "this annnouncement is truly going to change the world of mixed martial arts." He said this announcement would be made within two weeks. "I assure you, that after the press announcement things will change as far as the UFC is concerned."

After postponing the 10/11 PPV, Michael Cohen, the COO of Affliction told MMArated.com that there will be a public announcement made and "this annnouncement is truly going to change the world of mixed martial arts." He said this announcement would be made within two weeks. "I assure you, that after the press announcement things will change as far as the UFC is concerned."

UFC bought out Affliction?

The announcement is being made on an HBO boxing PPV...leading some to speculate that they are going to be on HBO.

Cohen went on to tell Chiapetta that, “Unlike others who call for a press conference for groundbreaking MMA news, the Affliction announcement will truly change the sport, and not through a toy deal.”

Chiapetta also is reporting that WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko will be appearing on the second Affliction show, although a quote from Atencio confirming the news no longer appears in the original report. If Fedor has been secured for Jan. 17, it likely means that he will forgo an opportunity to compete on New Year’s Eve in Japan.

I've decided that it would have to be the greatest MMA card of all time for me to probably even consider buying one of these. I'm just not a boxing fan. The crossover audience is probably a lot less then what they are banking on.

This shows name has now been changed from Day of Reckoning to Affliction Presents: Josh Barnett, Go Fuck Yourself. Wanna know why?

Fedor vs Arlovski became official for this show today, early reports put it around end of January.

After seeing Nelson handle Andrei pretty easily on the ground he's all kinds of fucked with Fedor if it hits the mat. Hail Mary KO is his only chance.

Fedor would crack Andrei's chin standing up.

Andrei has a glass jaw.

Rumour had Cotto vs. Margarito II for this card.

I would have been more interested in that than any MMA fight Affliction could put together.

For real? Why the rematch so soon? I would rather see Joshua Clottey get his rematch against Margarito.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

This is probably a whole thread in and of itself, but why is there such a dislike for boxing from some of the MMA fans here? I enjoy both.

From a business standpoint, this can't be too bad of an idea. Figure how much money boxing makes (a shitload) and introduce those fans to another form of combat. It's not like there's a shortage of time to put on more fights on a boxing PPV.