TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

UFC 94 - Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn II

I don't know if I can watch that video and objectively say that GSP wants this more. This won't stop me from rooting for him but BJ looks fucking possessed here. Damn this fight's gonna be good.

Jesus fuck, BJ Penn knows how to talk. Hubris really was missing from fighting, as was not joking about murdering your opponent, and BJ brings both in spades.

Goddamn if I ain't lookin for package deals to Vegas every day. I am pretty certain I can stop being a fan of MMA after this fight. There really isn't anything left I need to see. It's all led up to this. Royce Gracie winning UFC 2. Maurice Smith beating Coleman for the title. Joe Son getting punched in the nuts. It's all for this one fight.

Or Keith "What was that... armbar?" David.

Or Richard Attenborough...

"Human beings venture into the highest parts of our planet at their peril, some might think that by climbing a great mountain that they have conquered it. But we can only be visitors here. This is a frozen, alien, world."

Jesus fuck, BJ Penn knows how to talk. Hubris really was missing from fighting, as was not joking about murdering your opponent, and BJ brings both in spades.

Goddamn if I ain't lookin for package deals to Vegas every day. I am pretty certain I can stop being a fan of MMA after this fight. There really isn't anything left I need to see. It's all led up to this. Royce Gracie winning UFC 2. Maurice Smith beating Coleman for the title. Joe Son getting punched in the nuts. It's all for this one fight.

Hope you're looking to leave from Buffalo. Outside of that, redflagdeals.com

Probably not a stretch at all. Also check the Las Vegas Advisor for deals, and it probably doesn't hurt to check with a travel agent just to see what they can get you.

You know, this is tangential, but I really gotta look into that independent travel agent thing just to get the IATA discounts...

Had a dream about this show last night, figured yall wanted to know about what is going to happen..

- Show takes place in Florida.

- The Florida athletic commission states that BJ vs. GSP is now only 3 rounds. The first round is just boxing. The second round is wrestling. The third round is MMA. Neither fighter is happy about this, especially since they have to wear goalie masks (think current NHL and less Jason Voorhees) when boxing. The fight breaks down with both fighters refusing to fight until the MMA round. I wake up before that happens. I don't know who wins. Needless to say, I was NOT happy with this and demanded my money back. In some way, I still want my money back. Terrifying dream.

- Coleman beats Shogun. I don't know how. I just recall Coleman being ringside and every passerby congratulating him.

- To show how super realistic this dream was, Kevin James was ringside, was interviewed by his costar in Paul Blart: Mall Cop (who I don't think even exists) and didn't say anything. All he did was pander to the crowd, pointing to everyone that he was wearing army fatigues.

Fitch vs. Gono is a prelim bout while Bonnar's fight is on the main card? Apparently failing a roid test isn't as bad as refusing to allow your likeness on video games, at least in the UFC's opinion... Not to mention one is a fight between two potential contenders while the other is, well, not.

- The Florida athletic commission states that BJ vs. GSP is now only 3 rounds. The first round is just boxing. The second round is wrestling. The third round is MMA. Neither fighter is happy about this, especially since they have to wear goalie masks (think current NHL and less Jason Voorhees) when boxing. The fight breaks down with both fighters refusing to fight until the MMA round. I wake up before that happens. I don't know who wins. Needless to say, I was NOT happy with this and demanded my money back. In some way, I still want my money back. Terrifying dream.

How did your dream not start with the reveal that Vince Russo is now the Florida Athletic Commissioner?