TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - October 2008

Does anybody know if "WWE's Goldberg" is going to be on FOX's Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? I think I read that somewhere.

A fifth grader wouldn't tear his arm up by punching a car window.

If a movie was being made about Vince, what actor could pull it off?

In another time, Paul Gleason could've been awesome. He was the principal in "The Breakfast Club", and I've thought for a long time that Vince picked up some parts of the Mr. McMahon character by watching Principal Vernon bully the kids in Saturday detention.

Think more early uberheel Mr. McMahon, not the cartoon character from more recent years.

QUOTE (mellowfrightful @ Oct 23 2008, 08:36 PM)

Does anybody know if "WWE's Goldberg" is going to be on FOX's Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? I think I read that somewhere.

Or knock himself out by spearing the ring post.

If a movie was being made about Vince, what actor could pull it off?

In another time, Paul Gleason could've been awesome. He was the principal in "The Breakfast Club", and I've thought for a long time that Vince picked up some parts of the Mr. McMahon character by watching Principal Vernon bully the kids in Saturday detention.

Think more early uberheel Mr. McMahon, not the cartoon character from more recent years.

I have always said, Dennis Quaid.

In the latest edition of Maxim, former WWE Diva Stacy Keibler was asked if she was ever pressured to take any performance enhancing drugs in WWE while she was there from 2001-2007. Her response:

"Oh, God no. I would never, ever mess with that stuff. But I definitely did see an awful lot of it going around."

I would say it's because the internet crowd gets to see more of them over than what the TV crowd sees of them. The internet crowd sees more of their talking skills as well as their wrestling skills while really the TV crowd mainly sees them wrestle and barely ever talking.

Not only that, but it's clear the WWE.Com show is very loosely scripted, as opposed to the actual TV shows, which are scripted to the word.

I was on Rajah.com and they had a newsbit where on Shad's MySpace he says the feud between Miz/Morrison and Cryme Tyme is real. Although there have seemed to be extra jabs, I'm not quite sure if I believe it, especially with how Cryme Tyme was let go the first time after acting upon legit heat with another team. For those interested, here is the Shad post (don't know if the censored wording was done by Shad or the Rajah site):

"Ok, I don't want to sound mad and I don't want to sound angry. So im going to say this as nice as possible. **** John Morrison! **** THE MIZ! These 2 jackasses are the most egotistical, arrogant dumb fuck I have ever met. This has gone from fun and games to some gangster shit. I'm not some gimmick wwe put o paper. I'm a real thug and will **** those 2 **** up in a heartbeat. Morrison is just mad that I took his girl back in the day when we were in OVW. And Miz you're just a bitch. B...I…T..C..H. WHORAAA! BITCH!"

Although there have seemed to be extra jabs, I'm not quite sure if I believe it, especially with how Cryme Tyme was let go the first time after acting upon legit heat with another team.

Um, I thought they were fired for randomly doing their finishing move on a referee.

No Enigma, they were let go because of a row with Cade and Murdoch if i'm not mistaken.

I haven't heard anything about a referee being involved. (in the firing of course, not in the argument with C&M.. that doesn't need a ref.)

No, he's right, they did their finisher on a ref at a house show, as well as auctioned off some of his clothing. It was all unscripted, which upset the ref & management. That, combined w/ the Cade/Murdoch stuff, got them fired.

No Enigma, they were let go because of a row with Cade and Murdoch if i'm not mistaken.

I haven't heard anything about a referee being involved. (in the firing of course, not in the argument with C&M.. that doesn't need a ref.)

Enigma's right here. They were fired for doing the finisher on the ref. After the match, backstage, they got into it with Cade and Murdoch. Vince was in a firing mood because of the suspensions and fired them.

A fifth grader wouldn't punch a car window on a scripted wrestling show either.

No, he's right, they did their finisher on a ref at a house show, as well as auctioned off some of his clothing. It was all unscripted, which upset the ref & management. That, combined w/ the Cade/Murdoch stuff, got them fired.

Enigma's right here. They were fired for doing the finisher on the ref. After the match, backstage, they got into it with Cade and Murdoch. Vince was in a firing mood because of the suspensions and fired them.

Mistaken I stand.. although it does make them getting fired a little more understandable, I was just under the impression that they argued with C&M and WWE just preferred to have C&M around. Sorry Enig, never listen to me.

Bret hart gave an interview to an Irish (?) DJ yesterday and the DJ asked him about his upcoming matches, so Bret had to explain he was retired...and then the DJ asked how often are fights fixed? When Bret explained they are all fixed, the DJ says "Where is the sport in that?" Poor Bret!

Shad is just bringing back the H.N.I.C. gimmick from OVW gimmick back.

What does Hockey Night in Canada have to do with his The Beast gimmick?

damnit. i wanted to post this!

It stands for Head Nigga In Charge... You giant n00b.

Damnit. I wanted to post this!

But you would've posted it in all lower case, thus lessening the impact of your post.

It stands for Head Nigga In Charge... You giant n00b.

That doesn't make him a noob.

Call me an idiot if you'd like but I have no idea who this is supposed to be in the Survivor Series poster:

adsur08kz3.jpg

EDIT - Wait...after looking at it more, I know wh it is.