TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2008 ALCS: Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays

We've been waiting for that David Ortiz for a while.

Just think about how far he would have hit it if he had some lineup protection.

EDIT: Ok, I'm done picking on Cartman. Let's be friends.

Whatever deal Boston made with the Devil after the 2003 ALCS is paying off dividends for them.

How any football fan can sit through the Super Bowl is beyond me.

Huh? Why is a Super Bowl game less interesting because of all the media hype surrounding it? Some Super Bowls live up to the hype, some don't. Just like World Series.

Do you have a reading disability? I said he was worthless right now due to the lack of Manny and the injuries. Then I said hopefully he can recover in the offseason and be back to normal or at least close to it next season. I don't care about any studies about protection, when Ortiz says it's not the same then that's what i'm buying thanks. Even if it's just affecting Ortiz Mentally it's still a problem not having Manny there.

I'm not saying the team is screwed I just said the Rays are better right now and probably will be in 2009 as well. I'm also not saying that they should have kept Manny because that's ridiculous. So keep calling it my "gimmick" all you want and god forbid I make a post in a bit of frustration after watching my team get embarrassed at home.

EDIT: ...and yes in MY opinion Manny was the anchor of that lineup and Ortiz benefited from him greatly, as did everyone else. Ortiz was phenomenal no doubt, but I think without "protection" he gets exposed a bit.

Cartman is the reverse jinx

Guest Smues
I for one welcome our new Tampa overlords.

newoverlords.jpg

If the Red Sox win this that picture is going to be all the more appropriate.

Guest Smues

Ninth inning and beyond AIM chat if anyone is interested. Or even if they aren't!

Room name is: tsmbostonfuneral

Un-Believable

They'll be out in force in Tampa, that's for sure.

I think I just heard a whole bunch of sphincters tightening in Tampa. If the Sox win game 6 they'll take the series in the same fashion of the 0-3 comeback against the Yankees.

Guest Smues
Ninth inning and beyond AIM chat if anyone is interested. Or even if they aren't!

Room name is: tsmbostonfuneral

I wouldn't count the Sox out yet.

mcbain_silly.jpg

THAT'S THE JOKE

I still think the Rays win the series, but what a deflating feeling that must be for them. Between playing it safe on that hit that scored the first Boston run, the awful throw home trying to gun down the tying run, and that last play, Gabe Gross nearly single-handily lost this for the Rays.

I'm disgusted. How the hell does Maddon not put in Perez or Baldelli who are much better right fielders especially after that throw in the 8th??

*Edit* After watching Pedroia knock that first run in, I'm even more disgusted he didn't put a better right fielder in. That ball should have been caught as well.

Boston really is the new New York... you want to see them lose but no matter how down they seem, if you don't keep stomping on their head until they're dead they're gonna keep coming back on you

Unfortunately I believe this may be what Bill Simmons would refer to as a "Dead Man Walking" loss