TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

2008 ALCS: Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays

I can't believe I'm having to witness this again. It must be a charmed existence to be a Boston fan these days, but I have no desire to see another Red Sox championship any time soon. If they do win the series, and at this point it looks likely, they will have defied the odds and earned it. But it would've been nice to have two fresh teams battling for the championship.

If the Sox win tomorrow, this easily passes last year's Cleveland collapse and seriously rivals the Yankees' collapse of 2004. The Yanks had three games on Boston, but the Rays were seven outs from the World Series up three games to one with a SEVEN-run lead.

Sports Gods Karma? We took your All-Universe QB, here's a World Series when you should have been dead?

Me thinks so.

You don't pay much attention to these threads, do you, Bob?

I should've clarified I'm the only one rooting for Boston outside the TSM Massachusetts Population.

I guess I just don't find this incarnation of the Red Sox to be an interesting team. If this were 2003 or even 2006, maybe that wouldn't matter to me. But after seeing Boston win two titles in four seasons, I'm in no hurry to see them notch a third championship. Boston fans (not you guys) already have this sense of entitlement since winning in 2004. Another one is going to make them damn near unbearable.

I guess I just don't find this incarnation of the Red Sox to be an interesting team. If this were 2003 or even 2006, maybe that wouldn't matter to me. But after seeing Boston win two titles in four seasons, I'm in no hurry to see them notch a third championship. Boston fans (not you guys) already have this sense of entitlement since winning in 2004. Another one is going to make them damn near unbearable.

It makes up for the stretch of years between 1987-1999 where the city didn't win shit; the Pats with the exception of one season were pretty much irrelevant and almost moved to Conn, The Celtics began their Len Bias curse, The Bruins lost constantly to either the Penguins or The Canadians, and the Red Sox were Owned on a constant basis by Oakland, then Toronto, then New York. I'm just happy they're all constantly in contention again after that period to start my sports fan life.

I guess I'm the only one rooting for Boston. I just can't care about Tampa Bay, since they've sucked every year but one and have no fanbase.

Are you going to rent a Sox hat again if they win?

Nah, I'm not into the Sox, but I'll watch the WS if they're in it- I won't if it's Tampa Bay.

If the Sox win game 6 they'll take the series in the same fashion of the 0-3 comeback against the Yankees.

*sigh* Poor Rays.

Lineups tonight:

Rays

2B - Iwamura

CF - Upton

1B - Pena

3B - Longoria

LF - Crawford

DH - Aybar

C - Navarro

RF - Baldelli

SS - Bartlett

Red Sox

CF - Crisp

2B - Pedroia

DH - Ortiz

3B - Youkilis

RF - Drew

LF - Bay

1B - Kotsay

C - Varitek

SS - Cora

Firing up tsmbaseballchat right now. I encourage participation from the members of this thread!

...except you, Cheech

I'll keep my distance.

Lester and Garza both look good so far. I think we are going to get a competitive game.

Big K for the Rays.

On a side note, is anybody watching the game on MLB.com? It's neat having the 4 cameras at once, but its a little annoying since there is a bit of a delay from one camera to another.

I haven't read through the thread, but, goddamn, this is just so ridiculous how GAME SEVEN of the fucking ALCS is on TBS. Seriously, TBS? They can't get GAME FUCKING SEVEN on a real network?

David Price is going to be an absolute stud pitcher. It's insane that he's doing this in the ALCS so quickly into his already accelerated career.

Yeah Price is good...And I'm happy bout that cause I've got an auto'd minor league card of his.

Oh And WTG RAYS!