Green Bay at Seattle

SNF

New England at San Diego

Football on Monday night

N.Y. Giants at Cleveland

Bye: Buffalo, Kansas, Pittsburgh, Tennessee

Guest Tzar Lysergic

M5Q:

1. Who is the best QB in the league up to this point?

2. What the fuck happened to San Diego's running game?

3. Indianapolis is dead last in the league in rushing and dead last against the run. Baltimore is 4th in the league in rushing and FIRST against the run. Do the Colts need to get lucky again?

4. How long does Rod Marinelli keep his job?

5. Tennessee has two players with 4 INTs this year, and another with 3. By far the most in the league. Can this defense carry them into the playoffs and win there?

1. That is actually a really tough question because no one is separating themselves this year. All of them have had a lousy game here or there. I'm going to go with Jay Cutler but it is REALLY close right now with about four or five who could be interchangeable.

2. Lorenzo Neal went to Baltimore. It's the same reason there running game is improved. Neal is one hell of a punishing lead blocker and even after he comes out, the defensive lines still act like they have been beaten to hell and back. The Chargers line looking dazed and confused on running plays isn't helping either so you have a nice combination of things. You could even say losing Michael Turner was a stinger. There is just a lot of things but I'm still saying Neal being gone is huge. Might be better to ask the Chargers fans though.

3. No, because now they can just focus on the run. Flacco is a rookie and they are still going to play it tight to their hip on him and count heavily on the ground game. Baltimore doesn't have enough offense to match up with Indy and three touchdowns is still too much for them.

4. How did he keep it this long? The Lions defense is horrible, the offense is obviously now being shown as completely from the mind of Mike Martz and Rod's team doesn't seem to have any hope for the future. Time to fire the coach, draft a future QB (Tebow perhaps?) and start building again. I'd go with Mike Singletary as the coach of the Lions, I think he is more than ready to take the reigns of that franchise.

5. Defense with an offense that doesn't make many mistakes can definitely get in the playoffs. The AFC is really looking wide open right now and defense is going to be the biggest key to making it. Titans have the defense to hold the top offenses at bay and the offense to put up points. I don't even think it's crazy to think they could win their division.

1. Who is the best QB in the league up to this point? Drew Brees, despite the 2 picks he threw last night.

2. What the fuck happened to San Diego's running game? I'm guessing it's more the O-line than anything. Yeah, LT's got some mileage on his body, but I think he's got enough left in the tank to do much better than what's he done up to this point.

3. Indianapolis is dead last in the league in rushing and dead last against the run. Baltimore is 4th in the league in rushing and FIRST against the run. Do the Colts need to get lucky again? Indy can win straight up at home, but their offense needs to start off faster than they have been.

4. How long does Rod Marinelli keep his job? I'd like to say that he won't keep his job another day, but the problem is that there's no one viable to replace him, even on an interim basis. I guess he'll get fired after the season.

5. Tennessee has two players with 4 INTs this year, and another with 3. By far the most in the league. Can this defense carry them into the playoffs and win there? Their D will carry them to the playoffs, but they need to find some more offense or else they might not even win one playoff game.

BONUS QUESTION: How many yards is Adrian Peterson gonna put up against the Lions this Sunday? All I'll say is that his record from last year has a good shot of being crushed.

M5Q:

3. Indianapolis is dead last in the league in rushing and dead last against the run. Baltimore is 4th in the league in rushing and FIRST against the run. Do the Colts need to get lucky again?

5. Tennessee has two players with 4 INTs this year, and another with 3. By far the most in the league. Can this defense carry them into the playoffs and win there?

1. Interesting question. No one's really having a breakout season. I think I'd have to go with Eli Manning right now -- he's playing with confidence and poise that very few would have expected a year ago at this time, and never seems to make a big mistake. As much as I hate to say it, Brett Favre is up there as well, along with Jay Cutler and Tony Romo.

2. LaDainian Tomlinson has been hurt, and seems to have lost a step. Darren Sproles isn't as good a running back as Michael Turner. Truth be told, I have no idea, since the only Chargers game I've seen so far was the one where they tore apart the Broncos.

3. Not as much as you might think. The Colts beat Minnesota, another strong defensive team with a solid running game and suspect passing attack, on the road in week 2. No reason to think they couldn't do it again. If Indy can keep it close going into the fourth quarter, I expect them to win, as Baltimore seems to have trouble closing out good teams for whatever reason.

4. Probably until the end of the season. The Lions probably know this is another lost season anyway, and I don't know that they have a good replacement waiting. He won't be around to coach in 2009, though.

5. Certainly. The 2000 Ravens proved that. With the AFC as wide open as it is now, the Titans have just as good a shot as anyone to make a deep run, particularly if they can win the division and get a home game or two.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I'd like to add some food for thought regarding question 1.

Brett Favre currently leads the league in passing TDs, QB rating, completion percentage, and rounds out the top ten in yards per game. He's also only thrown 4 interceptions.

BONUS QUESTION: How many yards is Adrian Peterson gonna put up against the Lions this Sunday? All I'll say is that his record from last year has a good shot of being crushed.

He won't break 200. More like..I don't know..140? Chester Taylor will run for 90-95 or so.

Like last week I'll separate this into predictions and answer questions in a 2nd post.

Early

Chicago at Atlanta: This is a really tough game to call, since both teams are baffling. Falcons are pretty tough at home though so I will take them to somehow win by 3.

Miami at Houston: Houston has played so well the past 2 weeks only to blow it both times. I think that has to start wearing on them and the Dolphins win this by 10.

Baltimore at Indianapolis: For some reason I just can't see the Colts losing 3 straight at home. I'm not sure how they will win this exactly since they have looked god awful thus far, but I'll take Indy by 4.

Detroit at Minnesota: Vikings might be getting it back on track and playing the hideous Lions will only help further. Vikings by 14.

Oakland at New Orleans: Saints can't afford this to be a loss, especially to the mess that is the Oakland Raiders. Saints by 7.

Cincinnati at N.Y. Jets: Bengals just can't seem to buy a win even though they have played pretty well in several games. Can't see them winning this one either though. Favre will make enough plays and the Jets win by 6.

Carolina at Tampa Bay: I'm not quite sold on the Panthers yet, but I'm not sure what Tampa is doing at QB right now. If it's Garcia I'll take the Bucs at home by 7.

St. Louis at Washington: After a rough early schedule it gets a bit easier for the Redskins. Washington by 21.

Late

Jacksonville at Denver: Jacksonville is a bit of a tough luck team and the Broncos are a wildly lucky team, especially at home. Denver by 3 (what else?).

Dallas at Arizona: Cardinals just baffle me, so who knows what to think of this. Cowboys don't really look on their game right now though, so I'll take Arizona in a shootout 35-31.

Philadelphia at San Francisco: I gave the Niners the benefit of the doubt last week, but not again. Philly by 8.

Green Bay at Seattle: Both of these teams need a win. But man Seattle is just...not good. So I'll go with the Packers by 6 somewhat reluctantly.

SNF

New England at San Diego: Okay seriously enough of this Matt Cassel crap. Chargers by 14 since they desperately need this one.

Football on Monday night

N.Y. Giants at Cleveland: This should be vicious. Browns are still really crappy even though they did manage to beat the even worse Bengals. Giants by 17.

And now here are the questions:

1. Who is the best QB in the league up to this point? I would say Brees but he's just not winning enough games. This is a down year for QBs so I'll go with Eli I guess. The gutsiest right now is Roethisberger.

2. What the fuck happened to San Diego's running game? A variety of things. Offensive line issues, Lorenzo Neal's departure, losing Michael Turner to ATL, and also I just think Tomlinson has hit that wall most backs hit when they get near 30. I dare say I would have tried hard to have kept Turner since I think he's the better long term RB.

3. Indianapolis is dead last in the league in rushing and dead last against the run. Baltimore is 4th in the league in rushing and FIRST against the run. Do the Colts need to get lucky again? Yes. The Colts are really, really struggling this year and probably should be winless. I think they can beat the Ravens this weekend, but it'll have to be Manning carrying them big time. Ravens just don't have that much luck with the Colts.

4. How long does Rod Marinelli keep his job? He'll last the rest of the season and then he'll be fired. Might as well let him stay for now since this season is garbage anyway.

5. Tennessee has two players with 4 INTs this year, and another with 3. By far the most in the league. Can this defense carry them into the playoffs and win there? In a certain year, yes. Let's face it, the NFL had a crappy year when the Ravens won the Super Bowl with nothing but defense (can anyone see that team shutting down and beating a truly excellent Pats or Colts team?). Or the 2002 Bucs, who came out of a whatever NFC. That said, the AFC this year looks sorta like junk, but even then I might still take someone like the Steelers over the Titans with money on the line.

Bonus: How many yards is Adrian Peterson gonna put up against the Lions this Sunday? He'll have a nice 100+ yard game but they probably will rest him a bit in a rout.

M5Q:

1. I'd probably go with Brees, but Jay Cutler has made a solid case for himself.

2. LT is playing a little knicked up, offensive line problems, Lorenzo Neal is gone, etc. This team is really the biggest disappointment so far this year.

3. Like with the Chargers, I keep waiting for Indy to break out and start playing well consistently. This matchup doesn't look good for them on paper, but I'm far from sold on Baltimore. The Colts should win a close one.

4. Until the end of the season. I suspect that we've seen the last of the in-season firings this year, although I base that prediction on absolutely nothing.

5. The Titans are playing Buc Ball right now, and I've more than enough experience with that style of football to tell you that it'll get you into the playoffs but probably not the Super Bowl. It's looking very much like they'll win that division right now, though, and in an AFC where their primary competition could be the Buffalo Bills...who knows?

1. I'll go with Cutler and Eli in a near deadheat. Cutler has better stats, but Eli has played far better than I could have imagined.

2. LT's not 100% and Turner is gone. And so is their ground attack.

3. Yes. Even the Ravens should be able to score enough against the Colts to win that one.

4. He's got until their 8th game at best.

5. The defense will carry them into the playoffs and Kerry Collins will lead them right out in their first game which may just happen in the second week of the postseason at this rate.

Early

Chicago at Atlanta- Both of these teams are hard to put a finger on, but every time Chicago plays a big game, they seem to have a letdown. I like Atlanta in this one.

Miami at Houston- Poor Houston. Can't seem to get a break. They are not this bad, so I can give them the nod at home against the Dolphins

Baltimore at Indianapolis- This is not the Indy of old. The Ravens should keep the scoring down, but I don't buy Joe Flacco going into Indy and getting a win just yet.

Detroit at Minnesota- Minnesota wins because the Lions are just so damn pitiful. However stranger things have happened, and Minnesota has looked lost at times. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions keep it close to steal this one.

Oakland at New Orleans- My homer pick of the year. New Orleans isn't as good as advertised, and Oakland looks to shock the world after an eventful bye week. I think this is the week where the Raiders get on track. New Orleans turns the ball over way too much, and the Raiders have been pretty good so far getting offenses to turn the ball over. I look for the Raider offense to open it up big time, and players who wouldn't be playing under Kiffin to get a lot of looks.

Cincinnati at N.Y. Jets- Brett is just going to have fun out there. The Bengals have played hard, god bless them, but they are not going to have an answer for Brett's deep ball.

Carolina at Tampa Bay- Big NFC South game. It can go either way, but I like the Panthers in this one.

St. Louis at Washington- Washington is the surprise power of the year, and it's going to take a lot for the hapless Rams to beat these guys at home.

Late

Jacksonville at Denver- Another push for me. Denver has been awesome at home this year, and for me Jacksonville has been a dissapointment, so I like the Donkeys to push their AFC West lead.

Dallas at Arizona- This will be a high powered scoring fest. Like 43-41. Both teams have outstanding weapons, but I like Dallas' more.

Philadelphia at San Francisco-I like the 49ers to bounce back from a tough loss and beat an overrated Eagles team

Green Bay at Seattle- Green Bay owns Seattle, it should be no different here.

SNF

New England at San Diego- I hate both teams, but I would be tickled to see a 2-4 Chargers team. Go PATS!

Football on Monday night

N.Y. Giants at Cleveland- New York is the best team in football, this will be a beatdown.

1. Eli Manning hands down. Accurate, can throw the long ball, can will his team to win. He might surpass his brother this year. The Giants MVP.

2. LT is getting older, no Micheal Turner and no Lorenzo Neal. I think teams are stacking the box now and daring Phillip Rivers to beat them.

3. The Ravens will find a way to self-destruct, like they usually do.

4. If the Lions bye week is coming up, they should fire him them. If not, they should do it now because this is getting no better under him.

5. In AFC this year, all signs point to yes.

1. I think you have to go with Eli Manning to this point. He has the best combo of stats and team success. Props to Favre for putting up good numbers, and to Big Ben (and to a lesser extent, Peyton) for hanging in there and giving their teams chances to win despite having a lot working against them.

2. Been covered. Losing a near every-year pro-bowler like Neal is huge, and LT's getting older. I think Sproles is a good backup, so I'm not sure that the Turner loss is that much of a factor, although he is better than Sproles.

3. They might need to get lucky, but the Ravens have broken down late against good teams the last the two weeks, so they'll probably give the Colts a chance too.

4. The day after their last game. No point adding anymore unnecessary drama this season for the Lions.

5. They'll get to the playoffs, but let's not start up any 2000 Ravens comparisons yet. The 2000 Ravens had a consumate pro in Dilfer at QB, whereas Kerry Collins has shown throughout his career he's not afraid to make critical game-changing mistakes. I certainly wouldn't pick them to beat the Steelers at this point.

Guest Vitamin X
Brett Favre currently leads the league in passing TDs, QB rating, completion percentage, and rounds out the top ten in yards per game. He's also only thrown 4 interceptions.

I'll go as far to say Rodgers is having a similar season as Favre's successor thus far, if not better, if you factor in who they've played. By far, Favre's best game this year was against the Cardinals (a game in which Mangini was clearly running up the score), where he went 24/34 for 289 yards and of course the 6 TDs. Rodgers' best game this year was against an equally pathetic opponent in Detroit, where he went 24/38 for 328 yards and 3 TDs. Both have thrown a critical interception that you could pin the loss on them for (Favre's against San Diego, and Rodgers' this past week against Atlanta with 4 1/2 minutes left to play and down by 3), and both have played great with injuries (Favre with the ankle and Rodgers with the shoulder). I think those stats are going to come down a bit more as they play against better teams. As for the five questions themselves..

I'm going to go with Cutler here because Denver's offense is incredibly fun to watch and they've got a great QB. Eli Manning and Tony Romo can't be negated either, but what's of note is that Cutler's only been sacked twice this whole season, Romo four times, and Eli Manning five times. Looking at the list of guys who are among the league leaders in TD-INT ratio and QB Rating, check out guys like Favre (10 times), Kurt Warner (12), Aaron Rodgers (11), and Philip Rivers (8). Another common theme among those four guys? Their running games have sucked up to this point, badly. All four of those teams are ranked 21st and below, the highest one being San Diego's. The offensive line is really limiting these guys from being even better, having more time to throw and having a running game to balance out their offense. Even funnier is how the Cardinals are the only team to be above .500 out of all those teams, of course I don't expect that to be the case for much longer.

2GOLD mentioned it already, and he hit it right on the head when he said it was Lorenzo Neal's departure, but I'll also say like I did with the first question that it's the entire offensive line's fault. Tomlinson is also approaching that critical age for running backs (29) and has had a lot of miles on him; losing Turner as a guy to spell him maybe wasn't such a good move, but Darren Sproles is doing a nice job in relief. I also think that because their run defense is suffering so much, that they're always playing from behind as well. Sometimes having a bad run D will also affect the run O, at least from what I'm seeing.

Nah. Indianapolis will get healthy and probably beat them anyways.

Maybe just until the end of the season or so. Last thing this team needs is a head coaching change in the middle of the season. Who, exactly, do they have that's going to get them any further?

Absolutely, and it's not like the offense has any glaring weaknesses, either. Collins is an efficient QB, and the rushing combo of White/Johnson is a damn good one to go along with it.

Fiiiinaaallllyyy. The week your team has a bye is the most boring week of the Fall.

The Bengals suck, and I don't see them getting their first win against the Jets this week. Cincy's bad pass protection bodes well for the Jets' pass rushing OLB's. So cool.

Don't have to go to a bar to watch the Jets this week! Whoo!

Kind of an important stretch coming up for the team here as they've got three games in a row they should win (after this they're at Oakland and then home against the Chiefs) before heading to Buffalo. A 5-2 record going into that contest would be really, really nice.

This is a tough one. Stats are important, but if the team isn't winning games, it's hard to make a case for a QB. I'm going to have to put up a toss up between Eli and Romo. Eli has pretty much lead the Giants to a undefeated record thus far by himself. Romo has a lot of weapons on his side, especially Jason Witten, who is hands down the best TE in football right now. It's hard to take one over the other and aside from Dallas losing to Washington, both teams have

played great football.

No Michael Turner. A change of pace back really was key to their team. Darren Sproles is good, but not as good as Turner. LT is getting older, but I don't think that is much of a factor right now. It could be a number of different things. Their O line isn't exactly impressive either.

I think it's still too early in the season to tell.

He'll keep it until the end of the season. In Detroit you certainly have to look at the players on the team as well. The team needs a complete change this upcoming off season. I expect Roy Williams to be with another team, leaving Calvin Johnson as the only bright spot.

You could certainly make a case for the Titans, but their schedule up until now hasn't exactly been difficult. Their season will get tougher after their upcoming bye week playing the likes of the Bears, Colts, Packers, Steelers etc. We'll see how they hold up.

M5Q:

- Eli Manning, just ahead of Drew Brees and Favre

- The combo that everyone has talked about, Lo Neal, and mileage

- This is an interesting matchup, the Ravens D is playing great, but they just lost Kelly Gregg for the season, so that may open up the run for the Colts, if only a little bit. They do not need to get lucky, but this looks like a 17-10 game.

- But gut says he does not go since he wasn't fired during the bye week. However, I think the Fords would hate to roll into the Thanksgiving game in the national spotlight at 0-11. My guess is after Week 8 if they get blasted at home Washington.

- Can they carry them to the playoffs, YES. Can they go far, maybe although it will be a tight wire act if they cannot consistently score. But with White & Johnson they may be built for bad weather.

I know Jason Campbell statistically isn't even close to the likes of Brees or Romo, however he hasn't thrown an INT yet, he is throwing accurately, he makes plays with his legs when he HAS TO, not as a first option. He has led his team to a 2nd half, and a 4th quarter comeback, has led his team to two division wins on the road. He is playing very smart football, and I think his numbers might blow up a bit over the course of the next three weeks as the Redskins play the Rams, Browns & Lions. Also with a stud like Portis on the team, much of the 4th quarters of games has been Portis and the O-line running down team's throats running out the clock which could take stats away from Campbell.

Speaking of the Skins, their defense I think statistically in the middle of the pack right now but then I look at who they have played;

Giants

Saints

Cardinals

Cowboys

Eagles

I'd say all five of those teams have some pretty damn good offenses, so their defense might be getting overlooked right now because of the calibur of teams they have played.

As far as this week's game goes. Some will call it a trap, but I'm sorry the Rams are just that bad that I think Campbell could actually throw his first INT of the season and the Skins would still win.

Redskins 31

Rams 10

Drew Brees. He's leading the league in yardage again with 1673, and although he had a poor game on Monday his past history puts him above the other current top QBs (Cutler, Rivers, Rodgers, etc.) for which I don't feel we have enough of a sample of to judge fully. It makes sense. Brees was the #3 QB in the league behind Brady & Manning, and the other two are out of the running. Even more impressive, he's done it without his top receiver.

Nothing. LT always stinks for the first month. Even in his record setting year he had a slow start before exploding like a supernova.

Yes. Honestly, I think they got lucky during their Super Bowl year. They were weak going into the playoffs and got a bunch of soft opponents aside from the New England game. I don't have them in the playoffs this year. Both Tennessee & Jacksonville have surpassed them. Baltimore is better than their record.

This year is a write-off. They will start over next year. He'll be a casualty the day after the season ends.

Absolutely. Jacksonville got into the second round last year and Tennessee is better than they were, plus the conference is much weaker. They can realistically beat any team in the AFC.

Guest Vitamin X

Well I can see that, according to NoCalMike, the Redskins must be the best team in the NFL, so there you go guys. They are.

Drew Brees. He's leading the league in yardage again with 1673, and although he had a poor game on Monday his past history puts him above the other current top QBs (Cutler, Rivers, Rodgers, etc.) for which I don't feel we have enough of a sample of to judge fully. It makes sense. Brees was the #3 QB in the league behind Brady & Manning, and the other two are out of the running. Even more impressive, he's done it without his top receiver.

Can you explain to me how Rivers and Rodgers are playing better than Eli Manning, Tony Romo and Brett Favre?

Favre hasn't been that great aside from one game and he's yet to reach the 1000 yard mark. Romo would probably be my second choice. I deliberately avoided mentioning him though, as the reasoning for Brees over him isn't very clear. He's kind of like 1A right now. The biggest difference between Brees & Romo is that Romo has a much better supporting cast. Eli would be in the Rivers, Rodgers, Cutler group.

Well I can see that, according to NoCalMike, the Redskins must be the best team in the NFL, so there you go guys. They are.

Not sure where you got that from what he said, honestly. I think all he was saying is that Jason Campbell is playing pretty well this year, the Skins' defense might be a little underrated due to their statistics and that the Skins will crush the Rams. I don't see any proclamations of 'best team in the NFL' there, but maybe I'm a little biased.

As for the questions:

Brees is putting up ridiculous stats, but Eli's playing very well on the best team in football right now, so I'm going to go with him. Not going to play that "who they play?" game, since you can only play the teams in front of you.

This is has been hit on earlier, but there are really two main reasons: Lorenzo Neal in Baltimore and the O-line is missing a key member or two.

No, they just have to score when they have the ball. As much as possible. As good as they are running the ball, B-more's offense still isn't very prolific. A couple of INT's from the Colts D certainly wouldn't hurt, though. Plus, this early in the season rankings don't mean anything. Philly had the 2nd ranked D against the run prior to Week 5. How'd that work out?

There's no point in firing the guy now. He'll be given the rest of this season and will be shown the door with a nice severance package.

Of course. It did last year with much worse QB play. However, I don't see them winning a game in the playoffs this year with either QB they currently have. Collins makes some really bad decisions even in his old age, and that'll cost them eventually.

Guest Vitamin X

Not sure where you got that from what he said, honestly. I think all he was saying is that Jason Campbell is playing pretty well this year, the Skins' defense might be a little underrated due to their statistics and that the Skins will crush the Rams. I don't see any proclamations of 'best team in the NFL' there, but maybe I'm a little biased.

Slight sarcasm. Mike just tends to talk about how well the Redskins are doing no matter what, or just about what they're doing. It gets a bit old sometimes. I mean I know I'm probably the biggest Packers fan around these parts, and I'm not sinless when it comes to homerism, but I recognize there's 31 other teams in the league.

Although it's hard to argue they might be a top 5 team right now, certainly better than any other wildcard contender in the NFC.

In Mike's defence, if there ever was a year to talk-up his Redskins, this is it. I don't mind homermism, their your favourite team, of course you're going to talk them up.

This week is must-win for the Saints. They can't go 1-2 on this homestand and be 2-4 going against Carolina.

And of course, we get another injury on defence. Godspeed Tracy Porter!

Slight sarcasm. Mike just tends to talk about how well the Redskins are doing no matter what, or just about what they're doing. It gets a bit old sometimes. I mean I know I'm probably the biggest Packers fan around these parts, and I'm not sinless when it comes to homerism, but I recognize there's 31 other teams in the league.

Although it's hard to argue they might be a top 5 team right now, certainly better than any other wildcard contender in the NFC.

As Bob said, he's hardly alone in mostly talking only about his favorite team or teams he knows well.

As for those Skins, yeah they're looking really good right now. However, I still remember 1996 (7-1 start, 9-7 record and no playoffs). Also, for the last four years getting a 6th win has been ridiculously difficult for this team. I'll start getting really excited once the Skins win that 6th game. I know those two statements are in a way contradictory, but logic is overrated in fandom as far as I'm concerned.

Thing is, the tough part is over for the Redskins. They have the dubious likes of St. Louis, Detroit, Cleveland, and Cincy all left so that alone would get them to 8 wins. If they can win a few tough ones then they might end up finishing 12-4 or so.

Thing is, the tough part is over for the Redskins. They have the dubious likes of St. Louis, Detroit, Cleveland, and Cincy all left so that alone would get them to 8 wins. If they can win a few tough ones then they might end up finishing 12-4 or so.

logic is overrated in fandom as far as I'm concerned.

Also, Cincinnati took the world champs to OT, and probably should've beaten the Cowboys in Dallas if Chris Perry didn't absolutely suck. Also, Cleveland's bad, but they're not Rams bad. So, I'll worry until those games reach 00:00 on the clock and the Skins have more points than the other team.

Hahaha, yeah I do talk about the Redskins a lot, but hey, even when they suck. I guess I don't have as much time as I used to talk about the entire league.

I don't think the Redskins are the best team, I'd give the nod to the Giants, and honestly I'd probably still rank the Cowboys above them, pending on how the Redskins handle the next three games against weaker teams. If the Redskins win all three, and at least two of the three in dominant fashion then I might feel like they are better overall then the Cowboys.

I think Drew Brees is probably the best QB in the league thus far. I was talking up Campbell, merely because I think sometimes stats don't tell the whole story, and in a "fantasy football" culture sometimes I am concerned that people look at stats and only stats.

The Titans Defense can carry them into the playoffs if not for the fact that they play in the AFC. Face it, most of the high powered offenses in 2008 are in the NFC.

(Oh and that 7-1 start in '96 was a pretty much a reverse of this season, they played a bunch of easy teams in the beginning and got an inflated record)