TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LivingLegendGaryColeman

The Time Is Now... to Change Cena's Theme

RepoMan-

It'd be like if they used a sample of Jimi Henrix's voice for the "Now Listen"at the begining of Morrison's theme.

Not the best example, but it''ll do.

When they first changed it to Time is Now I was like WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT WHAT HAPPENED TO BASIC THUGANOMICS. I got used to it though. I still can't work out how Cena became a marine from a rapper. Anyways, this is gonna fuck the E even more, though I'd probably not mind this as much as blurred logos.

They don't have to change his theme at all, though, do they? Couldn't they always, y'know, edit the sample out of the song for any future uses?

If they had to, would it really be that hard to edit the audio on any past DVDs they print from now on, covering up Time Is Now with something else? They do it with other themes often enough.

I still can't work out how Cena became a marine from a rapper.

Well, see, they did this movie and... oh, nevermind.

I was wondering when something like this would happen. That said, Cena could probably do with a change of theme, though not Basic Thugonomics. As much as I like the theme, that would feel like a step back.

They don't have to change his theme at all, though, do they? Couldn't they always, y'know, edit the sample out of the song for any future uses?

One of the things M.O.P. is asking for in the lawsuit is the destruction of the master copy of the song and all other copies, so no.

I still can't work out how Cena became a marine from a rapper.

Well, see, they did this movie and... oh, nevermind.

I know that but really it was like a slow integration that started with the chain gang being his rapper fans and slowly they became the chain gang soldiers and the rapping stopped and the saluting started. It was extremely slow, so slow that I can't work out how they did it.

It had one good line (albeit I only saw the trailer, because I wasn't that stupid).

"Will someone please shoot him!?"

"What does it look like we're doing?"

"Missing!"

Robert Patrick gave an Oscar worthy ham performance in THE MARINE. I mean, the movie is mostly John Cena running and jumping logs in the swamp. Meanwhile his wife is being dragged around by a group of basically one lining idiots with a scene where Robert Patrick LITERALLY discusses the options of updating his Dish package (or was it long distance provider? Can't remember 100%)

If Rob wasn't in that film, it would have been horrible. If they make a sequel, he has to return as the brother of the man John killed in part 1. With a cajun accent. And a voodoo witch girlfriend. Make it happen!

From PWI:

World Wrestling Entertainment has petitioned and been granted an extension in responding to the lawsuit brought against them, John Cena and several other entities regarding the sampling in Cena's theme song. They now have to respond by 12/15.

From PWI:

World Wrestling Entertainment has petitioned and been granted an extension in responding to the lawsuit brought against them, John Cena and several other entities regarding the sampling in Cena's theme song. They now have to respond by 12/15.

Well, FWIW, theres a John Cena theme set to be on WWE The Music Vol. 9 called "Movin' Up". Maybe WWE is thinking of ditching "The Time is Now". There's also a track listed for Jericho called "Save Me", so maybe WWE is going to take the plunge and finally move past his Y2J theme. Personally, I wouldn't mind WWE using the theme Jericho uses in SVR 2009, but that's just me.

Well, Cena is getting a theme change pretty soon I'm sure. I saw the track listing for the new WWE Music Volume 9 CD which releases in January, it had a new theme for Cena called "Movin Up." I don't know if it was by Cena or not, because it just listed who the themes were for, not who sung them.

I'm not sure if Cena is changing his song or anything, but in the new WWE Music Volume 9, there's a song by Cena named "Movin Up." So we'll see.

Guest Smues

okerlund_gene.jpg

Could John Cena's theme song be changing to 'Movin' Up'? That information is too hot to tell you here, but if you call my hotline I'll tell you all about it.

okerlund_gene.jpg

Could John Cena's theme song be changing to 'Movin' Up'? That information is too hot to tell you here, but if you call my hotline I'll tell you all about it.

I miss the wcw version of Gene Okerlund :lol:

SCHEME GENE!!

okerlund_gene.jpg

I miss the wcw version of Gene Okerlund :lol:

SCHEME GENE!!

Call the WCW Hotline...1-900-909-9900! That's 1-900-909-9900!

if he does change it (he should go back a generic beat a freestyle to the ring again) it'll probably be at the ppv or the Raw after.

Am i the only one who thinks cena should switch to a rock song? After all, he doesnt have the rap gimmick anymore so coming down to rap would be pointless.

Am i the only one who thinks cena should switch to a rock song? After all, he doesnt have the rap gimmick anymore so coming down to rap would be pointless.

It would be another Rev Theory song if it is rock knowing WWE.

If not, they'll probably give him "Spoilin' For a Fight" just to shove that song and phrase down our throats again.