TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Christian Cage / WWE

According to Prowrestling.net Christian Cage is heading back to the wwe. He reportedly told Dixie Carter and is being written out of TNA storylines.

What brand would he be a better fit on? Bring him back with Edge? What role would they have? What about Vickie bringing Christian in to face a returning Edge? Christian as Vickie's new boyfriend? Bring him back on his own to Raw? Would ECW be out of the question? A mystery rival from Matt Hardy's past would be interesting.

I wasn't sure if this should go in the TNA folder or WWE folder, but I figured since there is more traffic in the WWE folder, I'd put it here.

From 411 wrestling:

Major TNA Star Likely Leaving For WWE

Posted by Ashish on 11.10.2008

Full details inside...

The word backstage at the PPV last night is that Christian Cage will be heading back to WWE once his current TNA deal expires next month. TNA is apparently still trying to work out a deal with him, but most backstage feel he won't be staying.

Credit: PWInsider.com

This would be the start of the mass TNA Exodus I suppose.

I've always liked Christian, so I'm thrilled to hear he'll likely be coming back. I'd assume that he'd get a Jericho run: Return in a semi-big angle and slowly fade into the upper midcard/lower main event scene.

Now, if he actually does come back, does he keep the Cage name? I know most people always thought the lack of a last name in WWE "hurt" him, but I don't know if WWE would want him to keep it since it's a TNA creation.

I posted this in the General Thread, but it surely deserves it's own thread.

According to Prowrestling.net Christian Cage is heading back to the wwe. He reportedly told Dixie Carter and is being written out of TNA storylines.

What brand would he be a better fit on? Bring him back with Edge? What role would they have? What about Vickie bringing Christian in to face a returning Edge? Christian as Vickie's new boyfriend? Bring him back on his own to Raw? Would ECW be out of the question? A mystery rival from Matt Hardy's past would be interesting.

It's (the Cage surname) actually his own creation. He was using that name long before he even joined WWE.

I believe it was either "All the Rage" Christian Cage or "The Canadian Rage" Christian Cage back in the day when he was teaming with Sexton Hardcastle (Edge's indie name).

I'd like to see him on Raw to be honest.. mostly because it's the only show I get the change to actually see when it's on.. I hope this also means the return of the Peep Show! :)

I wasn't aware of the Cage surname prior to WWE, so I hope WWE decides to keep it.

I would personally like to see him return to Raw so he can finally have a proper feud with Cena. Smackdown might be in need of him more, but I really want that Cena feud that was teased in 2005, damnit.

I'd be bold enough to say I liked Christian and Jericho as a team more than I did Christian-Edge.

He's a great character, and his stock was nearly at its highest when he left for TNA. There's plenty for him to do.

It depends on how Vince feels. If he thinks Christian "betrayed" him and the WWE, he'll be in mid-card hell for the length of his contract. If he doesn't hold a grudge over that...well, he'll be in upper mid-card hell or as one of the new centerpiece wrestlers of ECW.

I don't see Vince pushing Christian to the moon. He didn't last time and nothing about Christian has changed except his age.

If they decide to do a face HHH vs. face Taker feud for 'Mania I could see HHH/Undertaker vs. Edge and Christian at No Way Out.

He'll probably end up in Money in the Bank. Dunno if he'll win, though he'd be candidate for holdin' the briefcase.

I've been wanting him back since he left.

Not a hell of a lot of guys in TNA I'd like to see make the jump, but Christian is definitely one of them. He started to catch fire at the end of his WWE run when he went to SmackDown!. Now that he is a former World Champ, I can't see why he can't get a push similar to that of Jericho.

Yeah but is being a former TNA world champ a big deal to Vince? Anyway I don't see Christian being much beyond a US title level guy in WWE, maybe sign Tomko back as well and put those guys with Edge. Christian/Tomko can tag, Christian can go for the US title while Edge goes for the WWE title, that sort of thing.

Now that he is a former World Champ, I can't see why he can't get a push similar to that of Jericho.

This would sort of require WWE to acknowledge and validate TNA's existence. I can't see them doing that, although at the same time I read something about Edge pushing pretty strongly for him, so maybe it'll work out for him.

However he's booked, I'd rather have him as a heel, or at least a tweener. I dunno how he's been used since, but I really disliked his face run when he first came to TNA.

I can't see them making Christian anywhere near a full time main event guy. Even when he was getting more attention in WWE towards the end of his stay there, they still jobbed him out ferociously to Batista on Smackdown. He'll probably be brought back in a attention filled return feud going into a PPV and after that it'll be back to being the CLB again and wrestling for the IC title or if they really want to screw him, the hallowed ECW championship lol.

And on the flip side, I would've really liked it if Jericho came back in TNA instead of this WWE run. TNA sucks ass at keeping things interesting, but I think with a guy like Jericho, if you let him just go out and do his own thing, it could be very fresh and entertaining. He's kinda teetering that line between interesting and uninteresting right now in WWE, even after the sudden title change. He seems restricted in this WWE run.

Anybody think the steroid scandal from last year will end up helping him out? I know that the heat on that has cooled, but I always kinda attributed his lack of push to his lack of size. Maybe the need to have smaller performers in high profile positions will end up working to his advantage.

Anybody think the steroid scandal from last year will end up helping him out? I know that the heat on that has cooled, but I always kinda attributed his lack of push to his lack of size. Maybe the need to have smaller performers in high profile positions will end up working to his advantage.

To an extent.

Working against the likes of Punk, Shelton and Orton would be more beneficial to him than working for spots against guys considerably bigger. But like HTQ said, I think they've got ideas of what Christian can and can't do already. It's up to him to do something to force them to change those ideas I suppose. I'll say this, I hold out more hope for him now, seeing both Hardys where they are on the card, Edge now a genuine main-eventer, Punk in and around there, Benjamin in and around there, Jericho as World Champion, etc.

If he's going to sign, he needs to bring back his Captain Charisma hoodie and "Just Close Your Eyes" as his intro.

Him signing back is great. I don't expect a main-event run anytime soon (I may eat my words since the Russian could very well be champion) but I'd like to see a solid upper card feud against Jericho or CM Punk. Let's just hope he won't be made an example of since he was one of the first to willingly jump to TNA....that treatment will go for Angle, if he ever comes back.

Christian's a smart guy. He's not going to walk into a contract with WWE if there's a chance he's going to be made the brunt of Vince's frustrations.

Didn't he show up on Taboo Tuesday after his contract expired because he was one of the candidates for the IC title match, Vince might think that was a classy act on his part.