TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - December 2008

I can't see it anywhere but I assume this has been discussed.. I've been very busy with work lately and i'm only now getting around to watching Armageddon.. but when in the hell did Michelle McCool start using the Styles Clash?

I can't see it anywhere but I assume this has been discussed.. I've been very busy with work lately and i'm only now getting around to watching Armageddon.. but when in the hell did Michelle McCool start using the Styles Clash?

That was the debut.

Was Rey wearing a mask?

Did Rey have his mask on at the Waffle House? I'm just curious.

I doubt it. It's usually against the law to wear a mask into a business these days.

Nah no mask, but he hasn't changed much in the face since the late 90's in WCW.

If so, that's pretty stupid. I don't even think he would get that.

Shouldn't you be checking PWI for useless news items to copy and paste?

WOW!

(point for HTQ)

I thought the signature joke was funny. Yeah, if someone were to actually say, "Yo Kennedy! Can I have your signature?" there's no joke there for Ken to get, but for the audience HTQ was telling the joke for, it was funny.

I thought the signature joke was funny. Yeah, if someone were to actually say, "Yo Kennedy! Can I have your signature?" there's no joke there for Ken to get, but for the audience HTQ was telling the joke for, it was funny.

What if you emphasize signature and hand him a pen in the shape of a syringe (which they do sell)?

With X-Mas and New Year's coming up the next 2 weeks, I'm wondering if Raw, ECW, or SD will have "best of" shows? Usually the Tribute To The Troops program was Raw's best of before they moved it to NBC this year.

With X-Mas and New Year's coming up the next 2 weeks, I'm wondering if Raw, ECW, or SD will have "best of" shows? Usually the Tribute To The Troops program was Raw's best of before they moved it to NBC this year.

More then likely. They usually have a best of week in their during Christmas.

More then likely. They usually have a best of week in their during Christmas.

There are no live events until the day after Christmas, so yes.

Raw and SmackDown are both first run shows next week (taped on the same day in Toronto) and then it's back to Monday/Tuesday tapings for the 29th and 30th (which looks like a double SD! taping).

Raw and SmackDown are both first run shows next week (taped on the same day in Toronto) and then it's back to Monday/Tuesday tapings for the 29th and 30th (which looks like a double SD! taping).

That's weird. I couldn't find them on their site.

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/events/

It's because you need to select "Canada" as the country. I hated it when they switched over to that.

I see. Yeah, that is a really stupid feature. Seems like it would do more harm to their attendance than good. Would an extra date or two on that page really hurt?

It's because you need to select "Canada" as the country. I hated it when they switched over to that.

I see. Yeah, that is a really stupid feature. Seems like it would do more harm to their attendance than good. Would an extra date or two on that page really hurt?

Sometimes when I check for Detroit dates I completely forget to switch to "Canada" to check for London (and now Toronto that I have friends up there or even Windsor now that we have a new arena they could run in). I understand the idea is someone in Italy may not want to scroll through 45 US dates to check if a show is coming to Milan, would it be that hard to make searching by country and optional deal instead of mandatory?

From today's F4W update:

--WWE The Music Vol. 9 will be released on 1/27 with themes both old and new including Demolition, Brutus Beefcake, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, Eddie Guerrero, Undertaker, Mankind, HHH, LOD, Jim Duggan, Rick Rude, The Rock, Randy Orton, Vladimir Kozlov, Maryse, Santino Marella, Ted DiBiase Jr., Kelly Kelly, Kung Fu Naki, Natalya, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Boogeyman, John Cena, Jack Swagger and Tommy Dreamer. They will also have the original Saturday Night's Main Event theme, the original Prime Time Wrestling theme, theme from Raw and Wrestlemania 10 theme.

From today's F4W update:

--WWE The Music Vol. 9 will be released on 1/27 with themes both old and new including Demolition, Brutus Beefcake, Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, Eddie Guerrero, Undertaker, Mankind, HHH, LOD, Jim Duggan, Rick Rude, The Rock, Randy Orton, Vladimir Kozlov, Maryse, Santino Marella, Ted DiBiase Jr., Kelly Kelly, Kung Fu Naki, Natalya, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Boogeyman, John Cena, Jack Swagger and Tommy Dreamer. They will also have the original Saturday Night's Main Event theme, the original Prime Time Wrestling theme, theme from Raw and Wrestlemania 10 theme.

That's a pretty random mix of themes there. How many times has this same Undertaker theme (if it's the one he's currently using) been released by WWE? At least we'll finally get a good quality version of Orton's "Voices".

Director of "The Wrestler," Darren Aronofsky, said in a recent interview that Vince McMahon called him, requesting a private screening of the movie.

A small follow up to this, I heard an interview with Aronofsky today on the Howard Stern Show, and he said he is personally giving VKM a screening tomorrow. Howard said he thinks McMahon will love it but from what I have heard of the movie, I don't know.

He also said they had a screening yesterday attended by Flair, Valentine, Piper and Beefcake where Piper apparently cried.

Director of "The Wrestler," Darren Aronofsky, said in a recent interview that Vince McMahon called him, requesting a private screening of the movie.

A small follow up to this, I heard an interview with Aronofsky today on the Howard Stern Show, and he said he is personally giving VKM a screening tomorrow. Howard said he thinks McMahon will love it but from what I have heard of the movie, I don't know.

He also said they had a screening yesterday attended by Flair, Valentine, Piper and Beefcake where Piper apparently cried.

I heard the same story. Piper apparently cried in Mickey Rourke's arms after the screening. This film must hit awful close to home for some of these guys.

Great, I've been waiting for Randy Orton and Dibiase Jr. Swagger and Kung Fu Naki are going to be nice to have, too.

From today's F4W update:

I like this list, there's a lot of themes that have never been on any albums and there's a few new ones I'd like to have in my collection. Though I really want a Cactus Jack theme.