TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Armageddon 2008

Where is the "The End" rip-off music for this PPV - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlPbGJM1hus - If they're not going to use it for the PPV why not make it John Morrison's entrance music over the Hendrix rip-off.

Anyways here is the final card -

Jericho vs Cena for the World Title

Jeff Hardy vs HHH vs Edge for the WWE Title

Batista vs Randy Orton

Finlay vs Mark Henry in a Belfast Brawl

Vladimir Koslov vs Matt Hardy for the ECW Title

Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk in the IC Tournament finals

Santa's Little Helper 8-Diva match Mickie James/Kelly/Maria/Michelle vs Victoria/Maryse/Jillian/Natalya

I'll be watching the Survivor Gabon finale tonight, but even if I didn't have something else to watch I'd have little interest in watching this.

-Cena is going to retain, probably ending the Jericho feud tonight as well - unless they carry it on until RR o give Cena a throwaway title defense while the real contenders battle it out in the rumble match.

-Edge is likely going to retain as well, I guess the only suspense is in how it will be booked. Does Hardy take the pin?

-Batista vs Orton is useless. I expect a Legacy run-in finish here. Manu will look more pathetic as the muscle of the group.

-Finlay vs Henry - Who's writing this stuff? Only hop here is either Hornswoggle is destroyed or we see a Sheamus O'Shaugnessey debut.

-Koslov should take the title from Hardy

-Mysterio vs Punk could go either way, but wwe doesn't care about the midcard titles anyways

Then why do you feel like you have to start a thread for this?

Because there wasn't one at of 3pm in the afternoon is why.

Looks like there was a good reason for it too.

Fuck, I hate WWE nowadays.

Guess they're gonna hold off the Intercontinental Championship match for the Punk/Rey winner for the Rumble huh?

But judging by the way they got the tag titles off Punk & Kofi so soon, might it happen tonight?

Then why do you feel like you have to start a thread for this?

Because there wasn't one at of 3pm in the afternoon is why.

Looks like there was a good reason for it too.

Fuck, I hate WWE nowadays.

Why? While they have their missteps and the usual wrestling bullshit, I felt the booking has been pretty good recently. I really like what's going on in the Smackdown title scene, and Jericho's heel run has been great

This PPV looks good on paper. The PPV's have been very good recently. I see no reason, besides two matches, that this will not be a good-great PPV.

EDIT: And I still find no reason to start a PPV thread of a PPV you aren't going to watch. Doesn't make sense to me.

EDIT: And I still find no reason to start a PPV thread of a PPV you aren't going to watch. Doesn't make sense to me.

Well, you see, I was just going to comment on how shitty I believe the ppv to be in the existing Armageddon thread, only to find that such a thread didn't exist.

Other than the throw away Divas match it's a really solid crowd top to bottom. I think Finlay/Henry and Koslov/Matt will be better than a lot of pepole expect. Booking will be predictable as hell. Well worth your time to at least find a stream.

I'm gonna go out and say that this show could be one of the biggest surprises of the year, in terms of in ring quality work. Five of the announced matches could be pretty good, and four of the five could be great.

When it's all said and done, this show likely wont change much of anything, but I think we could be in store for some solid work.