TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Armageddon 2008

I definitely thought they were saving this for WM, so big surprise for me. It looked like Jeff was going to sneak in that Swanton to win each time before Kozlov and HHH took him out. The last one came out of nowhere. It was a little overbooked toward the end, but entertaining stuff.

WOULD HAVE PERSONALLY SAVED THAT FOR WRESTLEMANIA

IT WAS GREAT WHEN BENOIT AND EDDIE WON THE BELTS AT MANIA

THATS WHY YOU NEVER CHANGE BELTS IN FUKING BUFFALO

CROWD SUX -- I EXPECTED TO HEAR THE POP OF THE YEAR

Stop yelling.

Eddie retained the belt at WM XX.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Hardy becomes the first guy to win the WWE title with a top rope move since Eddie Guerrero with the frog splash on Lesnar in 2004 and just the second since Randy Savage beat Ted DiBiase at WM4 in 1988.

To be fair, they've cockteased Hardy winning the title since the last Royal Rumble when he was so hugely over that it could work. Then they teased again all through the fall and by now the it happens it doesn't mean as much.

This was good, but it's not as epic as when Eddie won the belt because they essentially focus tested too long across too many PPVs.

Now if only they had actually done it a year ago when it could have mattered.

HHH didn't think he was ready.

Neither did Jeff by his actions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Hardy becomes the first guy to win the WWE title with a top rope move since Eddie Guerrero with the frog splash on Lesnar in 2004 and just the second since Randy Savage beat Ted DiBiase at WM4 in 1988.

RVD.

Another really strong match, awesome way to end the show. Totally didn't expect this pay per view to be THIS well put together, it had a strong undercard, and the two title matches on top were both well above the norm. The last ppv match of the year tells the story that has been happening for exactly an entire ppv "year." That match built well leading to Hardy finally getting the title. Told that story almost flawlessly. Glad to see the scaffolding on the stage used for something on the show!

Im looking forward to being at Smackdown on Tuesday for the Jeff Hardy celebration!

At that time, they will present the new custom Jeff Hardy themed world title that will become the de facto belt for the next four years.

That oughta be interesting, I've never seen a championship belt shaped like a rolled up dollar bill before.