TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - January 2009

It's only a fantasy scenario. It's not an accidental reveal.

And Bischoff has admitted he got the idea for the nWo angle when he was watching a UWFI invasion angle in NJPW when he was scouting talent for Starrcade 1995.

In the February 2009 issue of Blender magazine, Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz compared himself to the Undertaker. But it seems like Wentz stopped watching WWE around 1991.

He said: "Being famous is like being in the WWF. When we first came out, I was Hulk Hogan. Kids loved me. Now I'm more like the Undertaker. The thing people don't understand is, the boos are the same as the cheers to me. I just love to wrestle."

In the February 2009 issue of Blender magazine, Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz compared himself to the Undertaker. But it seems like Wentz stopped watching WWE around 1991.

He said: "Being famous is like being in the WWF. When we first came out, I was Hulk Hogan. Kids loved me. Now I'm more like the Undertaker. The thing people don't understand is, the boos are the same as the cheers to me. I just love to wrestle."

So Pete Wentz needs to smacked in the side of his head a few times?

I watched about half of Backlash 2000 just now to see if it holds up, and so far so good. There was a silly hardcore match with strange rules, and a meaningless tag match, but Malenko/Scotty was terrific, the opening tag match is solid, and Big Show/Kurt Angle is fucking hilarious, dude. I also miss the feel of 2000 WWF, and the commentary has been better than it is now. Still Benoit/Jericho, Eddie/Essa Rios, and Rock/HHH also. I knew this was one of my favorite PPVs for a reason.

Strong food for thought, Tino. My head hurts trying to imagine WCW screwing up the biggest match in the history of the company's existence, more than they already did, and I draw a blank. The fact is that WCW got their way so many times in 1997 that they never imaged things taking a turn for the worse. Once Bret Hart showed up they thought they could have their cake and eat it too, which meant they could do no wrong. Not a single suggestion was bad, so long as they kept things linear; so long as they did not fix what was not yet broken.

Then came an idea that was bad on paper and stunk to fucking hell in execution, and was truly the first step, out of many, in the absolute wrong direction. And they managed to make things exponentially worse within 24 hours. How many other million-dollar-plus entities fuck themselves over in such short order?

But, yeah, it couldn't have been worse. I just can't fathom it.

In what could only be seen as good news, Scotty Goldman has a new weekly vid blog/whatever over at wwe.com.

SmackDown’s up-and-coming Superstar, Scotty Goldman, covers the WWE in his new Video Original series like a schmeer of Nova cream cheese covers a poppy-seed bagel – with bite.

“What’s Crackin’ with Scotty Goldman” premieres today as WWE.com’s newest “Kosher” series, featuring the titular Goldman kibitzing about recent happenings in WWE. Some of this Superstar’s matzo ball-flavored musings are sly, some are caustic and some are downright schmeer campaigns irreverent enough to make a rabbi blush. Oy!

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/articles/8327862/9139662

I could be wrong, but something tells me that the wwe wants us to know that Scotty is Jewish.

I wish WWE.com would get a video player that doesn't stay at the "loading" prompt all the time for me. Not every content there ends up on Youtube.

Edit: It's on Youtube now.

In what could only be seen as good news, Scotty Goldman has a new weekly vid blog/whatever over at wwe.com.

SmackDown’s up-and-coming Superstar, Scotty Goldman, covers the WWE in his new Video Original series like a schmeer of Nova cream cheese covers a poppy-seed bagel – with bite.

“What’s Crackin’ with Scotty Goldman” premieres today as WWE.com’s newest “Kosher” series, featuring the titular Goldman kibitzing about recent happenings in WWE. Some of this Superstar’s matzo ball-flavored musings are sly, some are caustic and some are downright schmeer campaigns irreverent enough to make a rabbi blush. Oy!

I could be wrong, but something tells me that the wwe wants us to know that Scotty is Jewish.

<WWE Logic>Hey, it worked for Goldberg, it might work for this kid!

Jim Ross reported in his blog that both Mickie James and Gerald Brisco were involved in separate car accidents on the way to Omaha after Raw.

I watched about half of Backlash 2000 just now to see if it holds up, and so far so good. There was a silly hardcore match with strange rules, and a meaningless tag match, but Malenko/Scotty was terrific, the opening tag match is solid, and Big Show/Kurt Angle is fucking hilarious, dude. I also miss the feel of 2000 WWF, and the commentary has been better than it is now. Still Benoit/Jericho, Eddie/Essa Rios, and Rock/HHH also. I knew this was one of my favorite PPVs for a reason.

Yea, Backlash 2000 is fantastic, one of the best PPVs of all time.

Jim Ross reported in his blog that both Mickie James and Gerald Brisco were involved in separate car accidents on the way to Omaha after Raw.

Given that Mickie was talking about the blizzard on RAW, that's pretty interesting

Has he ever been on tv aside from that battle royal?

Yes, he's made at least one other appearance, i'm sure of that.

Edit: Yes, he had a few little intro videos too.

My name is Scotty Goldman, and I'm... in a box. I'm in a box.

He's wrestled Kendrick one on one: (SmackDown debut?)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8riRONS2TCg

Handicap match vs Kozlov: (No quality at all.)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NwRYTr7nYPY

Eugene vs Colt Cobana (Sunday Night Heat)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc5N9jjukEc&...feature=related

That's nothing for Gerry...he can always get work done at his body shop.

Given that Mickie was talking about the blizzard on RAW, that's pretty interesting

I don't really think there's anything that can make these "Wrestler+DVD=Conversation" segments interesting.

I don't really think there's anything that can make these "Wrestler+DVD=Conversation" segments interesting.

Well, it may not be interesting, but at least it makes sense.

Going through the Clarence Mason article from a couple years back reminds me of how disappointed I was that he didn't last longer than he did. Mason was a really solid manager, during a period where they were trying to phase those out.

His run in WCW was overshadowed by the fact that everything going on at that time, especially the Harlem Heat 2000 angle that he was directly involved with, really sucked.

I'm not sure this is the spoiler some folks are making it out to be, because it seems like it could be fantasy booking/ a "what if" scenario for the magazine crew -

w7ftw9co064f1yevdd8.jpg

If you want a good laugh, read what it says for HHH

This match from Sunday's Lexington house show can't go unmentioned:

Edge and Umaga b. Khali and Helms

Some funny stuff before the match. After Umaga comes into the ring, Edge comes in with his hair tied up ala Gene SImmons of KISS and face paint ala Umaga. Edge also drew "Canada" across his belly ala Umaga. Very funny. My friend called out to Edge, "You suck." and Edge responded, "You're ugly." Edge is a marvelous heel. The best in the industry.

Match was very good. I enjoyed it. Good work by all four men. Match ended with Umaga and Khali fighting on the outside and Edge spears Helms for the pin and the win.

I had free tickets for a SD house show last night, but i didnt go cause of a migraine.

My little sis went, her first show ever, and had a blast.

Carlito ran away from Ezekial and sit down 3 rows in front of them, trying to quit the match.

Jeff Hardy wasnt there because of his injury on SD, so Edge teamed with Umaga against Khali and Hurricane. HHH vs Koslov was changed to a street fight, and TBS vs Taker street fight was changed to a cage match.

Kizarny confused the entire crowd, and blew moves alot.

My stepdad thought it was Eugene with a new gimmick.

Thats my Stepdad and my lil sis's house show report...

Watching some older WWF stuff from 97 (Hart v Austin) has drawn me in a lot more then any recent wrestling. For some reason they seem to put the in ring drama across a lot more then they do now. Facial emotions and selling seemed to be a lot better back then, then currently being shown in the WWE.

Kizarny confused the entire crowd, and blew moves alot.

My stepdad thought it was Eugene with a new gimmick.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the gimmick. :lol: