TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - January 2009

I'd go with "means nothing", because plans always change, but I still believe Orton is winning and it will be something like HHH vs. Kozlov vs. 4 Other Guys at No Way Out. Taker, Big Show, and let's say Mark Henry and Finlay from ECW.

So, how did everyone celebrate the 10th annivesary of "The Fingerpoke of Doom"? Sorry to go off topic there, but it had to be acknowledged . Of course Foley's WWF title win aired opposite it. Anyhow, I am thinking that WWE will surprise us with the Rumble this year. Afterall, the winner could lose his shot before Mania, so why not give a rub to someone else for a change? I know,I know I must have gotten into Kendrick's stash for thinking that.

Admittedly, I don't really watch wrestling much at all anymore, but has Vladimir Koslov suddenly become so big that he gets his own Pay Per View poster? Exactly what is so enticing and marketable about him that will make people order No Way Out?

Admittedly, I don't really watch wrestling much at all anymore, but has Vladimir Koslov suddenly become so big that he gets his own Pay Per View poster? Exactly what is so enticing and marketable about him that will make people order No Way Out?

He's tall.

He's tall.

And Russian. A tall Russian killed Apollo Creed. Therefore a tall Russian gets his own poster.

Wait, that's really Kozlov on the poster? I thought it was one of those weird posters where they combined two guys faces like the Cor Von/Lashley poster. I seriously thought that was an Edge/Kozlov poster.

Sorry if this was posted somewhere already, but I found this amusing. Linked from the Observer site:

It's a vid that pays tribute to everyone who left WWE in the last year. Man, you could make quite an indy promotion out of all the guys they released or "came to terms" with.

Sorry if this was posted somewhere already, but I found this amusing. Linked from the Observer site:

It's a vid that pays tribute to everyone who left WWE in the last year. Man, you could make quite an indy promotion out of all the guys they released or "came to terms" with.

Boy, do I miss Elijah, Cade & Murdoch.

Boy, do I miss Elijah, Cade & Murdoch.

I miss Cade and Murdoch in the tag scene especially. It seems like they could have gotten a whole lot more mileage out of that tag team than they did. WWE could really use another rough and tumble heavyweight tag team. It's seems like their current teams are usually pairs of cruiserweights, or comedy teams. Miz & Morrison are about the only viable alternative they have right now. Carlito and Primo are more like pretty boys who happen to be brothers. I'd love to see a new take on the Road Warriors or MVC type mold in WWE.

I know everyone loved Burke, but it seemed like he never really found his niche. I kind of dug his team with that big guy, Sylvester Turkay (sp?)...then they let him go, and after that it kind of seemed like Burke just sort of floundered around...he was supposed to be the leader of the New Breed, but was never positioned as a real main event threat. Then after Shelton Benjamin came to ECW, it was sort of like his "young cocky black athlete" role was stolen out from under him.

Burke never really did anything for me. I got tired of seeing him vs Punk seemingly every week, there for a while. His role as young cocky black athlete could have been played by any number of other black guys on the roster. He had a unique finisher, but that was really all he had going for himself, IMO.

That was pretty funny.

I have to ask, since Kozlov was brought up via that PPV poster...

Am I the only one here who preferred when Kozlov came out with no entrance music, video, or anything like that?

I have to ask, since Kozlov was brought up via that PPV poster...

Am I the only one here who preferred when Kozlov came out with no entrance music, video, or anything like that?

Yeah, just a spotlight that followed him in. It was corny, but it worked.

It certainly set him a part, but in storyline terms it only would have made sense to do that with him for so long. I mean, when is the last time any WWF wrestler had that time of entrance (who wasn't a jobber)? I think Bob Backlund way back around 1993 or so?

How often does stuff like that happen at a house show? The only one I've been to had a lot of boring matches highlighted by one good Carlito/Benjamin match. Though the show I went to had maybe a fourth of the seats filled. Oh wait, I forgot where there was one funny spot where Stevie Richards superkicked somebody and then they stood there for a few seconds till he blew them over.

It certainly set him a part, but in storyline terms it only would have made sense to do that with him for so long. I mean, when is the last time any WWF wrestler had that time of entrance (who wasn't a jobber)? I think Bob Backlund way back around 1993 or so?

It could have worked in a way that Kozlov would say he doesn't need frills like music or a video. He just needs to go out there and plow through people.

My view on that subject, anyway.

Hogan's CCW show just began airing in Canada recently. Having watched episode 4 this morning, WWE needs to work on getting Dustin Diamond in as a celebrity wrestler immediately.

Hogan's CCW show just began airing in Canada recently. Having watched episode 4 this morning, WWE needs to work on getting Dustin Diamond in as a celebrity wrestler immediately.

Honestly, by the end of it I sort of wanted Todd Bridges to just try and pursue it as a proper thing. For a guy his age with that little training he looked really agile.

Dustin Diamond Vs Danny Bonaduchi (Sp?) for the ECW title :) That's a wrestlemania match of the year right there