TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
foleyfanforever88

TSM (sort of, but not that well) Remembers: Crash Holly

That'd be the worst way to end Takers streak ever. The only thing worse than that would be if Taker lost to Hornswoggle.

Jillian eliminating Taker in the first ever Dead Men 'n' Divas Battle Royal (also featuring The ECW Zombie and Crash Holly's corpse) would be worse.

Yeah. I've not kept up consistently. I assume he didn't go out in a Benoit-like meltdown since I didn't hear about it until now. What happened?

That's sad... I ate behind him and Steve Richards at a Waffle House once. After a Smackdown in Columbia, SC. They were pretty nice. Crash actually had a strip of athletic tape stuck to his shirt. My friend asked him for it and he signed it and gave it to him.

I also met Big Show and... Haku, I believe, that night. They were traveling together. Show was pretty classy. We talked about his weight loss. He told me to drink like a gallon of water a day. My brother and I waited in the parking lot to see if we could get a picture. When he came out he saw us and jokingly asked if we were there for a fight. My brother was like, "hell no!". Good times. :)

From Wikipedia:

Lockwood died on November 6, 2003, while at the home of wrestler Stevie Richards in Florida.[1] He was found partially clothed with a pool of vomit around his face.[25] Empty prescription medication bottles and a partly-consumed bottle of alcohol were found nearby, and he had recently received divorce papers from his wife.[25] The cause of death was first ruled as choking on his own vomit, but it was later officially ruled a suicide.[25][26] He was buried in China Grove in Rowan County, North Carolina.

Crash's death never got mentioned on air by WWE, which annoyed some people at the time (this was during a time when wrestlers were seemingly dying once a week). They eventually got around to acknowledging it, though, and I vaguely remember seeing Richards wrestle a series of matches in Crash's tights as a tribute to him.

he got the little graphic if I recall correctly.

The RAW in REVIEW episode featured a painfully sad video tribute to Hennig, Elizabeth, Blassie, Stu Hart, Hawk and Crash.

Also, didn't somebody else besides Crash die at Richards' house?

Crash's death never got mentioned on air by WWE, which annoyed some people at the time (this was during a time when wrestlers were seemingly dying once a week). They eventually got around to acknowledging it, though, and I vaguely remember seeing Richards wrestle a series of matches in Crash's tights as a tribute to him.

I've mentioned this on the board before, but I'll say it again. Shortly after Crash died, Mick Foley came to speak at the University of Alabama, where I was a student. I believe he promoting Tietam Brown at the time. Anyways, the question and answer period comes. Crash's death was recent as was Road Warrior Hawk's, so I asked him what he thought about the rash of wrestlers dying and such. When I mentioned Crash by name, Mick got this funny look on his face and said, dumbfounded, "Crash Holly died?"

I felt horrible that he had to find out something like that during a public speaking appearance.

They didn't do a graphic when Crash died but they did mention him on the 2003 Year in Review shows when they talked about people who had died that year.

Crash was buried in China Grove? That's like thirty minutes from my dad's house.

Kind of a random piece of info, but I remember Sean O'Haire telling me that Crash's wife hit on him a couple times. IIRC, he also said she was pretty nuts.

They did mention Crash dying on Raw but it was a short 30 second type thing. When Molly Holly wrestled that night they didn't even mention that they use to be apart of the same wrestling "family".

I loved the super heavyweights gimmick with Crash and Bob. I remember Bob doing commentary on a Crash match and this line always made me laugh

King: "What does Crash weigh in at?"

Bob: "He was 350 at breakfast this morning."

Crash vs. The Mean Street Posse every week at different locations for the 24/7 Hardcore Title was always amusing.

I still have a warm spot for when he was at Funtime USA.