TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

Superbowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardinals

Classless.

Not one of them thanked Mike Gandy

Or the replay official. How can they not thank the true MVP behind their last 2 SB victories?

Both of Santonio's feet were clearly down when they zoomed in, and Warner had lost control of the ball before his arm went forward. The replay guy also sure helped the Steelers out by overturning that Roethlisberger rushing TD in the first, and the Warner non-fumble in the third. The only bad call Zona got was the roughing the passer, but they got away with a ton of holdings on Harrison and Woodley that weren't called either.

I 100% disagree. The view that was more from on the field rather then the view from out of bounds looked very much so like he did not get that foot down. I hate to play the favor card but it seemed funny to me the view that was alot more in favor of him not getting his foot down was the view they showed only once. There were alot of questionable calls against the Cards. Not saying they were out to screw Arizona just saying one team usually does get some bad calls and it just happened to be Arizona.

Classless.

Or the replay official. How can they not thank the true MVP behind their last 2 SB victories?

That's really a retarded thing to say. It's not like The Steelers didn't have their fair share of calls go against them.

Classless.

Both of Santonio's feet were clearly down when they zoomed in, and Warner had lost control of the ball before his arm went forward. The replay guy also sure helped the Steelers out by overturning that Roethlisberger rushing TD in the first, and the Warner non-fumble in the third. The only bad call Zona got was the roughing the passer, but they got away with a ton of holdings on Harrison and Woodley that weren't called either.

Um, the two overturned plays were CORRECTED only because the on field officials were worse than the one in the booth. But can someone explain roughing the "holder", that bogus roughing the passer when a guy tripped and two hand touched Big Ben, the lack of excessive celebration call, Harrison not getting ejected for punching a defenseless Francisco in the middle of the field etc. The officiating was terrible and Pittsburgh got every call they needed to steal another one.

Plus like I mentioned earlier how did Holmes not get a flag for the celebration, plus on that roughing the holder call on that FG, what was he supposed to do? He was clearly falling and there was nothing he could have done? There was alot of shitty calls that did not go Arizona's way but thats how it goes sometimes. But its flat out a lie to say Arizona only got some shitty call.

I saw two angles and it was very clear Holmes had both feet down. Not even a controversy about it. Come on.

Well then I guess you didnt see the angle I'm talking about because they only showed it once. I totally agreed he looked down from the angles from that corner but the angle I'm talking about was not nearly as clear.

That's why they have more than one angle. To get the call right. If his foot was down, it was down. And it was. So what's the big outcry for? (not singling you out, but everyone that's complaining about it.)

I saw two angles and it was very clear Holmes had both feet down. Not even a controversy about it. Come on.

Yeah, even Whisenhunt said in the post game interview it was clear Holmes was in.

Well all I ask is do you know the angle I'm talking about? Like I said it was hard to argue from the angles they had in the corner he was not down but that angle that was more from where say Roethlisberger was is a better angle. Not nearly as clear he was down or not.

Yes, I'm fairly certain I did see the angle you are talking about, because the first few shots I saw I said his right foot wasn't down. Then after seeing the other ones, which were zoomed, it was clear that it was.

Didn't Adrian Wilson lower his shoulder into the holder when he ran him over? Harrison didn't get ejected because no one with any name value is going to get ejected from the Super Bowl. If Boldin did the same thing, they wouldn't have tossed him either, and it's stupid to assume they would. And I don't know why the excessive celebration wasn't called. Probably the same reason several holds on Harrison weren't called.

This was a great game but how can they not even review that last "fumble" with 5 seconds left? It only was the final play of the Super Bowl that mattered. Not like it was important. Even if it simply confirmed the call they needed to take a look.

I dunno. On one hand I like the Steelers overall, but I've disliked Roethisberger for years. It was nauseating to hear all these analysts waxing poetic about him for getting a game winning drive against the worst defense ever to grace a Super Bowl. Compare the two QBs in this game...Warner made all sorts of tough throws tonight, going into multiple defenders, etc. Meanwhile the Cardinals left Holmes ridiculously open all night and never thought to double him? Ward was hurting and not especially effective, and the Steelers did nothing on the ground.

Has a team ever had as easy of a run to a Super Bowl though in terms of matchups? The Steelers got the Chargers instead of the Colts (a team that beat them). They got the Ravens instead of going on the road to Tennessee (a team that beat them). And in the Super Bowl they got a 9-7 Arizona team instead of either the Giants or Eagles (both teams that beat them).

Well agree to disagree I guess.

No, his foot was down. Even the coach on the other team had no problem admitting his foot was down.

I don't think playing a Ravens team classifies as an easy matchup, but it is cabbageboy.

They also had the NFL's #1 ranked schedule.

Yeah, all those teams that beat Pitt in the regular season failed to do one thing...

Also the Holmes catch was totally down, the first angle wasn't clear, but when they did the "behind the QB" shot into the endzone it was obvious he had both feet down.

My big complaint isn't the Holmes catch, I thought he was in clearly, but the ending. First off, it seemed like a forward pass and not a fumble and second, it's the fucking Super Bowl, ATLEAST review it.

Other than that, good game, great finish. Warner just made the Hall of Fame, most likely. Fitzgerald cemented himself as the best WR in football. Holmes became a household name. And Mike Tomlin earned another decade as the coach of the Steelers.

Harrison should get fined and then some for that stupid shit he pulled. It's the Super Bowl, everyone is watching you, you're the Defensive Player of The Year, and you come off like a thug

God,cannot believe he is the DPOTY

I hate the Steelers, but that was a pretty good football game. We had a little pool thing going (I don't know what it's called, this was my first time really betting on football) where basically everyone got a number 0-9 and whoever had the number that ended the combined score after each half won the pot..anyways, I drew the 4, and at the end of the first half, I was obviously hoping for the Cards to score that touchdown. I look at my friend and say "Watch Kurt throw an interception that gets returned for a touchdown; either way I win". And then Harrison gets the pick. Everyone was going crazy and my friend could not believe that I called it. Even though it led to a Pittsburgh victory, it was a pretty awesome moment.

Odd that the talking heads on ESPN don't recognize Holmes's celebration as being LeBron's goofy "powder-in-the-air" thing. They're debating as to whether it was ketchup or hot sauce. Huh?

I didn't really feel that bad officiating was as egregious in this game as it was in Pittsburgh's last SB, but I can see how others might feel that way. Pretty good game, though. The third quarter was just dreadful, but the 4th more than made up for it. Miles shy of last year's game, but a lot better than I expected.

also, at risk of looking like a douche for posting twice in a row, those of you who think harrison should've been ejected need to get ahold of yourselves. this isn't fucking chess. on punt coverage, if you stand your ass up, you have to expect to get leveled by a blocker, as well he did. oh em gee, harrison "punched" him? on what, his fucking shoulder pads? give me a break. if you think that's worthy of an ejection, go back to watching tennis. gtfo.

also, at risk of looking like a douche for posting twice in a row, those of you who think harrison should've been ejected need to get ahold of yourselves. this isn't fucking chess. on punt coverage, if you stand your ass up, you have to expect to get leveled by a blocker, as well he did. oh em gee, harrison "punched" him? on what, his fucking shoulder pads? give me a break. if you think that's worthy of an ejection, go back to watching tennis. gtfo.

If I recall, he was holding the guy down, then proceeded to punch him, then when he got up he shoved him.

How about Ben's two minute drill from the 12 yard line (after that holding penalty on the first play)? Does that go up there with Montana and Elway's famous drives?