• Cody Rhodes
    • Ted Dibiase
    • John Morrison
    • Miz
    • Jack Swagger
    • Christian
    • Shelton Benjamin
    • Other (state who)

Lets face it... within the next 2-5 years, Shawn Michaels and Undertaker will be gone or doing special occasion appearances. With how much his age and how much he gets injured, who knows when Batista is going to have in it up. Triple H will more than likely stick around for a little while longer after HBK and Taker leave... but I don't see him working that much 5 or 6 years from now... he might just be an authority figure type of guy. Once you get past these guys your top stars are Cena, Orton, and Edge.

Now there's the guys who are currently being groomed for top spots in CM Punk, MVP, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, John Morrison, Miz, and Jack Swagger. You could also put guys like Jericho, Christian, The Hardys, Shelton Benjamin and anyone else you could think of who has been around for a while and are up there a little bit in age, but could end up being a top guy, especially Jericho and both Hardys for how much they've elevated their game this last year. In fact you could argue that Jericho belongs with Cena, Orton, Edge, and the rest if you want because I could honestly see putting him in that spot. Now out of the guys listed, who do you think has the best shot at being one of the next big draws for the company?

It's pretty obvious the guy who will be there much quicker than anyone else more than like a couple of years from now is CM Punk. I like Punk, he going to be the go to safe choice whenever the shit hits the fan for the WWE whenever someone fucks up and as long as he doesn't seriously fuck up. I don't know if he'll be this huge draw, but he's going to move a lot of merchandise and always have a great fanbase and there's a lot you can do with him down the line when he'll eventually turns heel.

From backstage reports since he has been on the main roster, MVP is a guy who they always had big plans for. He's run into his problems with management and had a down period where everyone happened to be crapping all over his work. I like him and see big potential for when he gets his run. A lot of guys seem to like him backstage. He's proven that he can be a great heel, but for a while the crowd was growing apathetic towards him... like they were waiting for him to be a face for the last 5 or 6 months. Already one of the boys in the back so that will help him, plus he has the merchandise going for him.

Rhodes and Dibiase... I actually see more potential in Cody as a top heel, maybe uppercard heel would be more realistic. He works the mic well, and can get a pretty good reaction from the crowd... but he's been in a holding pattern for a while and he's not been drawing much heat since being paired with Dibiase. All the reports on Ted is how people backstage think he'll be a pretty big face down the line and he's been slotted already for high profile matches a year or two down the line. I don't see it, but he hasn't been really put in a position to shine yet. He's drawn heat a few times but most of the crowd hasn't really gotten a chance to care about him.

Morrison and Miz... I'd pick both of these guys, but I'm going with Morrison over Miz to break out just because he could be a great face since he's much more flashier in the ring. He's finally understanding how to use his monotone deadpan voice to his advantage and the best thing that happened to him was being paired up with Miz and both of them getting control over their characters and being able to bounce back and forth on every show. He looks like a superstar, fans are into him, has a good personality, and isn't afraid to call people out on their bullshit behind the scenes. I never thought a potential big star would come from Tough Enough but there he is. I like Miz, probably the most improved guy on the roster thanks to being able to work Smackdown, ECW, and RAW. He'll always have the stigma to overcome that he was a reality show guy and most people still can't see past that. He's going to be a great heel, and as he grows older I could actually see him coming up with great storylines and promos for himself.

I don't know about Swagger. I'm one of the few that likes the guy... he just has this weird goofy douche charisma to him and while he's extremely green in the ring he's shown flashes of greatness since they paired him up with guys like Matt Hardy and Finlay on house shows. I think WWE has really dropped the ball with him, though. If his gimmick is supposed to be an All-American American why is he coming out in a bad purple and black indy singlet and with a bad Rage Against The Machine cover band doing his theme song? He should be wearing Kurt Angle like American Flag singlets and coming out to something that would sound like it belonged on the NFL films network when going through histories of old teams. Like a ripoff of Golden Boy or something. I can't see much potential in any merchandise in the guy and he's more than likely being groomed for a roll of a solid hand and backup plan whenever a main star fucks up or gets injured. That's perfectly fine for a guy like him.

The problem with Jericho is the fact who knows if he'll get the acting bug again and will want to leave to pursue other things. He's a highly talented guy who could get work in other fields of entertainment but who knows if it'll be in the field he wants. But he's elevated himself so much in the last year after a terrible initial return. The company sees a lot in him and who knows where he could go.

Christian... I can't say much about him. Many people in the back have always seen him as a career midcarder and a solid hand. I've always though he's a guy you could slot into any role, but who knows how he'll get treated a year from now. He left on good terms when he went to TNA, but I'm sure there will be people in the back that will use his run as an excuse on why he shouldn't be elevated.

The Hardys... Matt has more potential since you never know when Jeff will fuck up, but since they've been patient with Orton and he's a guy who Vince has wanted to get rid of twice, I hope they'll give Jeff a fair shot. It's wrestling, most of your top guys have been fuck ups or pieces of shit one way or the other, and I can't see them seriously getting rid of Jeff even if he does get a third strike. And if they do, he'll just be back in a year. Both are still terrible on the mic, but they're both better in the ring and know how to work a crowd. Plus they move a whole lot of merch and that's always good.

I've always been a big fan of Benjamin and after about 5 or 6 years he's finally showing that he gets it now. He's putting it all together and is finally working on drawing the right heat. He's not much on the mic, but he has a distinct voice in a good way and I hope he'll one day learn how to use it to it's full potential. I expect him to get a run at the top towards the downside of his career sort of a thanks for going out there and always busting his ass for stupid gimmick matches and in general being a solid hand they could count on when they have nothing else planned.

Nobody else springs up to mind and it's so hard to predict anyone coming out of development. So my pick would be John Morrison.

I thought this would make for a fun discussion and we could always look back in a few years to see how far off the mark we were, which is always fun.

They need to pick a lane for Swagger and stick with it. However, and I've said this before, he isn't meant to be Kurt Angle 2. All-American American is more his douchebag from the heartland/collegiate career thing. He definitely needs to drop the purple and flag in his tron, at least. Give him OU colors.

Cody Rhodes. There are others who are better in the ring, more charismatic, etc., but there's not one thing he's weak at or has against him. He's something of an underdog with Ted Jr. being in favor, but he'll be the one to take the longest strides.

Jack Swagger will be on Raw or Smackdown and main eventing title matches within two years. Maybe even one. Depending on how he improves, it may even be after the Draft. He is the new Brock Lesnar/Bobby Lashley. He has real amateur experience. He has size. He's far beyond where both of them were at this stage in-ring. His only downfall will be his lisp and his lack of promo charisma. Both can be worked on. He is pre-destined. Vince and everyone in creative has deemed it to be so. If you don't like Jack Swagger, then I don't know what to tell you. His overness doesn't matter. They will slam him down your throat until you react to him.

The other predestined is Ted Dibiase Jr. They love him. Every one does. He is Randy Orton 2.0. He's even a few steps behind Swagger at this point, but when he's ready, they'll strap a rocket to his back. I don't know what they see in him, but back in 2002 I didn't see anything in Randy Orton and he has the potential to be the biggest star they've had since Austin and Rock seven years later.

I think they have big plans for John Morrison. They're playing the cards right. He almost never jobs, he almost always wins his matches with Miz, and both are given promient roles on all three shows. Morrison promo wise may not be "there" yet, but he almost is, and is becoming one of the finest workers in the WWE. He's probably never going to be a top, top guy if only due to his size, but he's been built for a strong Chris Jericho/Mr. Perfect type role. Always in the mix. Never the top guy.

CM Punk is an odd case. Creative likes him. They didn't set out to bury him with that title reign. They honestly thought he'd become a megastar doing that to him. Didn't pan out. CM Punk's main enemy is going to be himself. He can be incredibly stiff one match, incredibly sloppy the next. He also has a tendancy to "geek out" when he accomplishes something. See every title he's ever won in WWE. The fact that he's gotten this far, and is sure to get even higher is a testament to his own skills and the fact that WWE sees something in him. He will undoubtably be World champion again, but top line player is questionable.

Cody Rhodes' main enemy will be his size. He's not that big for WWE standards. In-ring, he's better then most. Promo-wise he's better then most. He has a distinct look in this era, and he's rapidly improving his body (taking after Orton's style of vitamen usage). The problem will be, that he's just not that big. However, being allowed to display all his talent now in his developmental stage may make it so they'll view him as someone they can use later on. He's been given long matches, promos, angles, and he's carried everything well. That bodes well for him.

Mr. Kennedy & MVP are both in the same boat. Their main enemy are themselves. Both have pissed off the creative team in the past. Kennedy won't shut up, and they don't feel MVP is improving enough. MVP has a slight lead because Kennedy is fragile. He breaks easily. MVP doesn't. That'll help. At one time they had determined Kennedy as the next big thing. But then he failed a drug test. Then they gave him the ball, and he was immediately injured. Bad news. WWE will not rely on anyone they don't feel they can trust. On the other hand, I don't think MVP's made any significant improvement since the death of Benoit who was his mentor and the reason MVP was so quickly improving. He's been stagnant since, maybe because he has no one to learn from, or because he's lost desire. Either way, it doesn't look good and WWE themselves have gotten onto him about it. I don't see either of these guys being main event guys outside of the Jeff Hardy route.

The Miz has improved dramatically, but they aren't deluding themselves about him. Morrison's the star of the team. Miz is just his running buddy. Do I think Miz could make a run at it? Maybe. But not as he is. He's turned into a perfectly acceptable talent, but that's not enough in WWE land for someone his size. And given that he doesn't get a free ride due to his one time MTV fame, he'll have to earn his spot. I don't think it's out of the question, but he's probably the furthest off. On the flipside, he doesn't piss people off. So that's good for him.

There's a lot of young talent WWE has. The question is if they'll do anything with them. Kofi Kingston, TJ Wilson, Primo, Manu, and others are all good enough to be given promient roles. That's not even counting guys they haven't called up. The problem WWE has had for this entire decade, is unless the talent is "Predestined" by Vince, they never really make it. That's just the way it is.

I think Swaggers lisp will keep him from the elite level. I picked Ted Dibiase - I just think the guy has it. I like watching him wrestle, and yet he doesn't do anything special - it's unexplainable.

CM Punk will be a top guy, but I think he'll need a heel turn to fully break out. I'd love to see a feud between Punk and HBK.

Morrison will probably never reach the top because he's not comfortable on the mic. I know his current wooden delivery is his bit, but it's almost as if he's too self aware and panics on the live mic and you can see him trying to remember his lines. I'm not sure if he can be over as a singles. I think Miz and Morrison are like the New Age Outlaws, lacking as singles however really click as a tag team.

Cody Rhodes seems like a sidekick to me, he seems like the lackey of The Legacy. I think it's result of my first impression of him when he debuted and teamed with Holly and was Holly's bitchboy in the angle.

I think Christian will break through - he just needs the right breakout feud to open Vinces' eyes. I think ECW is the perfect place for him right now. What works against him is his desire to be on top. His jumping to TNA and the fact he only came back to the wwe because of the money I question if he really wants to be the top guy. He likes the schedule down in TNA, wwe top guys do a lot of promotional work, over and above the travel necessary for wrestling. Does he want it?

Shelton Benjamin is still pisspoor on the mic. If he had a mouthpiece manager he's be a top guy.

MVP seems to be out of the dog house, though I don't like his face character much. I'd like to see him moved to Raw in the next roster shuffle/draft.

My darkhorse is Mike Knox. Undertaker and Kane will both be gone in a few years time - the wwe will want a big man/hoss type character. Another darkhorse would be a repackaged Festus. Wwe doesn't have any bigmen/giants in developmental. I would have liked to see Knox take out Batista instead of it being Cena. I think an Knox/Batista feud could really help put Knox over if he's booked to look like an equal. Knox is only 31, which is young in hoss years.

Swagger's lisp (and WWE's mocking of it at every opportunity) is probably the only thing that will keep Swagger from really connecting and becoming one of the biggest stars in the company. Then again, WWE's probably gonna go "Fuck it! Push him anyways!". They really wouldn't be wrong to do so.

I like CM Punk, but odds are he'll end up the new Jericho once the current Jericho is done. He'll get title shots and hang around the main event scene and maybe even get another run with a World title, but he'll spend most of his time wrestling for the IC title. He'll likely be in almost every Money In The Bank and pushed as a dangerous competitor, but he'll job more than pick up wins. And it won't hurt his overness at all and people will continue to believe he could win the title. And when he finally does, it won't feel strange.

Then again, they could turn him heel, give him lots of mic time and run with him as the "I'm better than you because I'm straight-edge" character. That'd be fun.

Cody has really good mic skills and isn't bad in the ring, but otherwise doesn't really stand out. Ted is easily the most generic looking guy I've ever seen. He desperately needs to grow a beard or get some long tights with an interesting design on them (stick DiBiase on the sides and us a $ as the 'S') or long hair or all three. Same with Cody. Anything to make them stand out a little. Otherwise they're no different than Ryder & Hawkins. I mean, even in Evolution all the individual members got a chance to shine in their own angles and feuds while still being a tightly knit group. If either of them were given a push that allowed them to stand out as something other than "Orton's Bitches", I think they could become stars.

Morrison will be the next Shawn Michaels. I've thought he was something special since I first saw him on Tough Enough. And not the season he actually competed on, I'm talking about the season before when he tried out at like the last minute, had no idea what the Spinaroonie was, had it described to him and started doing a better version of it. That's who I voted for. Miz is doomed when they break up. He'd better watch out for barber shop windows.

Mr. Kennedy will go down as this era's Ahmed Johnson.

MVP was my second place pick. However, my two knocks on him are his finisher and if he was hurt too much by the losing streak gimmick. I very much dislike the Drive-By Kick and hate that neckbreaker thing where the guy puts their leg over the back of the victim's neck. It just screams "Default Finisher #6" to me (the Testdrive/Roll The Dice/CrossRhodes/spinning inverted neckbreaker thing would be Default Finisher #3). Also, I doubt that WWE will give MVP's character the kind of attention it needs after the losing streak, despite saying they would.

I had a hard time choosing between Punk, MVP, and Dibiase, so I went with Ted because we have the same birthday. I would have chosen Kennedy if he wasn't so injury prone. As for the other guys..

I honestly don't see much potential in Cody or Miz as singles stars, mainly because of their size. I think Miz and Morrison need to stick together for atleast another year or so, as they are the best tag team in recent memory. After they do eventually split, I see Morrison being a pretty big star, but not quite "the guy".

I think Shelton has been around long enough to prove whether or not he has main event potential, and I don't think he has. Sure, he's phenomenal in the ring (he's one side of my favorite match ever) but his mic skills are horrendous and after what, 6 years, he still can't get fans to give a shit about him outside of the MITB match.

I love Christian and hope he gets his time to shine eventually, but I wouldn't be surprised if it never comes.

I'm also a big Swagger fan, but his lisp is really going to kill him. I see him getting a title shot or two, but never as World Champion.

Now to my top 4: Back when they first came into the company, I thought Kennedy and MVP could be the next Rock and Austin, or maybe I should say Cena and Orton. Now, I'm not so sure about Kennedy (only because of his injuries) but I still think MVP can be huge. I prefer him as a heel but I think the face turn was necessary because he was getting Haas levels of heat before that. Dibiase has the look and I really hope to see him succeed, though I think another year with Legacy is essential so that people don't stop caring about him. And Punk has already been to the top, but now he's back down to IC Title level. I think a heel turn would do him some good, so that when he turns face again he'll be bigger than ever.

The future looks bright regardless of who ends up making it big.

It's amazing that I would like to see everyone listed here to continue to be groomed and elevated. It's a great change of pace from a few years ago when it seemed that Carlito and Chris Masters were destined to be the next big deals.

I voted for Swagger because the way he shot up the ECW title so quickly makes it seem that they have big future plans for him. I also see Morrison becoming a big deal sooner than later, especially in the way he's mocked Shawn Michaels in the ring.

John Morrison will definitely be in contention for one of the Big 2 World titles, sooner than later. He seems to have "it", and has improved by leaps and bounds since he was rushed into being ECW Champion. If you think Swagger got pushed to the ECW title in a hurry, look at Morrison. He was jobbing left and right as Johnny Nitro, then when Benoit no-showed Vengenace, (despite losing to CM Punk in the opening round of the ECW Tournament, IIRC), he was put into the finals with Punk. Not only did he win, but he won cleanly. Long story short, within a span of just a couple weeks, he went from someone possibly on the verge of being released (I seem to remember hearing that at the time), to ECW Champion.

CM Punk will also go far. He doesn't seem to be much of a priority backstage or with management due to the fact that he lives his gimmick. No drugs/alcohol, and you never hear anything negative about him. Within a span of a year, the guy held almost every title in the company (ECW, World, IC, & RAW Tag), which shows the company looks at him as a go-to guy. Honestly, with WWE's current kid-friendly image, it almost seems like Punk would make the ideal company spokesperson. Send him to schools, and other public appearances. Have him speak to kids about not needing Drugs and Alcohol. It would give WWE some damn good PR at least.

Overall, I think these 2 are going to be the top guys in the coming years after the old guard finally hangs it up.

CM Punk

I think CM Punk is going to end up being the 'Chris Jericho' of the future. He'll skirt in and around the Main Event scene, always be over with the fans and switch effortlessly between Heel and Face. However, I don't think he'll ever get a prolonged run with any of the main titles. He's got the natural charisma and can work a crowd, so he'll always be there or there abouts.

I think the moment CM Punk can break out is if they give him a bit of 'freedom' with his gimmick and character (though this hasn't happened in WWE for years). Most of us are aware of his Indy work, and his 'Better then you' persona that he worked. If drugs weren't such a touchy subject in WWE, then I think it'd be a great gimmick to run with. They could always make it that he's simply a better wrestler then everyone else, but when he starts to lose the gimmick would seem a bit weaker.

His merchandise will sell well as its not as camp as some of the wrestler merch out there, and will appeal to the emo kids.

All of what I've wrote has already been written by AlaskanHero, and its a pretty common feeling amongst most people.

MVP

He'd be one of my favorites to get the push into the Main Event scene in 2009. Not sure how he'll work as a face, though it can't be argued he's a great natural heel. The only concerns I have for MVP is how would they re gimmick him? I can see him being MVP for life.

Cody Rhodes

At first I was totally underwhelmed by him. However, over the last 2 years he's developed into a great little heel character. The only thing is, I can see him getting over looked time after time due to his deceiving 'small' frame. I know its a taboo to mention wrestling size as the WWE doesn't tell anyone to get 'bigger'... but he does look a bit scrawny compared to those beef heads around him.

Ted Dibiase

Confident on the mic, though does look really bland and generic at the moment. If over the next 5 years can develop a character for himself, even if it is a carbon copy of his Father, I think he'll do well. He does have an air of 'success' about him.

John Morrison

IF he wasn't so woodern on the mic, he'd naturally be considered the obvious successor for Shawn Michaels. Great look, an amazing athelete, but sadly lacks the chance to cut a 'natural' sounding promo.

Miz

Miz will end up being the Christian/Matt Hardy of the two. He'll get a lot of time in ECW and a small fleeting glimpse at the Main Event. He'll be the Captain of the Upper Midcard scene, and probably work with the US Title (or its equivalent).

It can't be denied, though, that he's worked hard and improved a lot since starting, so he has my respects for that. He also plays his role amazingly well, however, I think that'll work against him. He'll always be that type of character. I can't see him working as a face as he's naturally annoying.

Jack Swagger

Its already been mentioned that he's very similar to Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley. So, naturally, he's going to get the same push and treatment as them. This will be his rise and downfall. If WWE have learned from their experience with Bobby Lashley, they'll (hopefully) have realized that people won't give a shit about a wrestler no matter how hard they force you to try. Sadly, I don't think they will have.

His ring work is OK, his Mic Skills are poor - average. He'll probably end up with a manager.

Swagger will get thrust into the Main Event scene, no one will care, and he'll get heat due to people being sick of seeing him. WWE will think thats great (if he's a heel) and continue to push him. However, he won't cause any buys (unless there's a huge chance he's going to get his head kicked in).

So with this pontentially being the third time to run the Brock Lesnar character, I wonder what unfinished storylines WWE have that they REALLY needed to show us.

Christian

Worked well in TNA as they were a smaller company without much 'Star' value. However, I think he'll get toned down in WWE and won't get pushed or allowed to be a 'Star' as much as he was in TNA. I think he'll be a constant chaser for a title, but will not break into a 'Go to Guy' within WWE.

Shelton Benjamin

Boat has come and go.

Others:

AJ Styles - He'd be in his late 30s in 5 years, so he'd be a 'late comer' to the WWE if he wasn't to sign soon. He's worked well in TNA since day one and has developed every year one way or another. The last few years, with the inclusion of Christian, he's really pushed his mic and charisma development. I doubt it'd happen, but I'd like to see him come to the WWE and team up with Christian again.

Senshi - Destained to fail. I have no idea why, but I just can't see this one working out. I think he'll end up in development for an age, get jobbed out, bitch and then released.

Kofi Kingston - They've got an untapped goldmine on their hands here. The crowd love the guy, he seems decent in the ring and I think he'll be able to work various gimmicks.

Even Bourne - Natural succesor to Rey Mysterio.

Sidenote: Last night, I had a vision that John Morrison won Money in the Bank and that somehow The Miz captured a world title in the fall, culminating in a Real World Reunion live on Raw. The heat was off the charts, probably because I hate The Real World. Regardless, Morrison cashed in and Miz got away on a DQ, kicking off one of the all-time great feuds. Not saying it will happen. Not trying to fantasy book. I just think that a lot of people sell The Miz short and that he could run with the ball if they gave it to him.

I was originally going with MVP, but the replies reminded me of all the reasons that his push turned into the losing streak. Although, I was watching the first Scott Hall shoot, and his description of Vince's unique way of turning Razor Ramon face is very reminiscent of MVP's face turn. So given that they're giving that a try with him leads me to believe he still has a chance.

This time last year i would have gone for kennedy, but with all his injuries and the drug scandal i can't tell where he's going to end up. Out of the guys on your list it has to be John Morrison.

I went with Dibiase. He seems like such an obvious fit that not even the burial he's had recently via Shane beating him down can hurt him in the long run. Once he splits from Orton how hard is it to book this guy as a singles? It's the Million Dollar Man's son! Give him a killer sports car, a manservant in the Virgil mold, let me throw money around, and this guy will get over.

Morrison and Miz simply seem like tag wrestlers to me. Miz isn't that great of a worker, but Morrison can carry the in ring aspect. Morrison has a great look but is almost anti charismatic on the mic, but the Miz can work the mic in annoying heel fashion.

Out of the list, I'm going to say Morrison. He's getting better on the mic and I especially loved the segment on Smackdown with the Bellas. With more time, he'll get more comfortable.

I still don't get what people see in Dibiase. He just seems so bland and blah. Rhodes is more charismatic and I think will go farther.

I really like Swagger. I think with more time, he could be a mix between Shelton and Brock. The guy is going to be a superstar and I don't think the lisp will hurt him that much.

Punk will be interesting. They really need to turn him heel already. He's done all he can as a face. I think the Jericho comparison is correct.

One name that people will look at me funny in saying but I believe he could be great is Primo Colon. I'd like to see how his mic work is but watching him in WWC, the guy can go. Now all WWE needs to do is bring in the other Colon, Orlando. That guy is good too.

I voted other, and I'm going Kofi Kingston.

He got a win over Kane, the Gateway to the Main Event, and that put him in the main event at No Way Out. Granted, we all know how that turned out for him, but consider that a guy like Mike Knox won his entry at a house show nobody saw, and Kane was merely handed a spot by calling in his brother to do a McMahon's dirty work, one must admit Kofi's entry was more valid than either of theirs.

Plus, the guy is already pretty over...and to my knowledge he hasn't cut a promo yet. He's been seen talking to guys before tag matches, but I haven't seen a microphone in his hands and look at his resume: "main evented" a PPV, taken out by a multi-time champion (the Ultimate Opportunist, no shame in getting taken out by him), pinned Kane clean, Intercontinental champion (never honestly lost it, he lost it in that funky two-titles-on-the-line tag match at Unforgiven), RAW Tag champion, and he's been on TV for just over a year now.

He feels like this generation's RVD, honestly. Plus since he's not actually Jamaican he won't get caught with marijuana.

I voted other, and I'm going Kofi Kingston.

He got a win over Kane, the Gateway to the Main Event, and that put him in the main event at No Way Out. Granted, we all know how that turned out for him, but consider that a guy like Mike Knox won his entry at a house show nobody saw, and Kane was merely handed a spot by calling in his brother to do a McMahon's dirty work, one must admit Kofi's entry was more valid than either of theirs.

Plus, the guy is already pretty over...and to my knowledge he hasn't cut a promo yet. He's been seen talking to guys before tag matches, but I haven't seen a microphone in his hands and look at his resume: "main evented" a PPV, taken out by a multi-time champion (the Ultimate Opportunist, no shame in getting taken out by him), pinned Kane clean, Intercontinental champion (never honestly lost it, he lost it in that funky two-titles-on-the-line tag match at Unforgiven), RAW Tag champion, and he's been on TV for just over a year now.

He feels like this generation's RVD, honestly. Plus since he's not actually Jamaican he won't get caught with marijuana.

Only if he turns heel and drops the Jamaican gimmick and goes all African warlord (like Mr. Eko from Lost)...

Punk, MVP and Morrison are my picks. Punk's already had a title run and hes over enough already to be there, MVP has had a couple shots but nothing serious but I think a face turn will put him over the hump and Morrison has a good look and mic skills and is better than average in the ring.

Christian really shouldnt be on the list. He could have been dropped into the Top Level with Jeff Hardy/Edge and held his own to give him that spot immediately if they wanted. I dont doubt that he will be there before the end of the summer at the worst.

Of the ones on the list, Id actually say Cody Rhodes is the least likely to make it to a top spot, even worse than the Miz. The Miz at least has some charisma, a better look and better mic ability.

I think Jericho has one last chance at becoming a legit, full-time main eventer if they correctly book his reversion back to Y2J. I think a slow build back to that character has a chance of getting over big. They have to go with his current character a while longer to make the Y2J character seem fresh again and meaningful when he goes back to it, though.

Christian already had his run at leading a promotion in TNA. It didn't work out. He's not good enough, nor has enough star quality to pull it off. He's always going to be second/third from the top if not lower.

Plus, Vince McMahon does not like him. Unless you think Vince is going to die soon, Christian is not going to be a main event player.

Miz isn't anywhere near ready either. Maybe in another two/three years. But not now.

Morrison has some room for improvement at the moment. The guy has a great look and his move execution is completely crisp, but at the moment his occasional babyface style offense isn't offset enough by heel mannerisms to get him enough heat. Before and after the match he gives off a great vibe, but no so much once the bell rings. I'd like to see how he works the character as a babyface.

Miz at times seems to have a better grasp with the crowd interaction. Guy's great facials on offense or taking bumps, and his overall demeanor in the ring screams heel better than Morrison does.

John I think will go farther just based on his look, but part of me thinks Miz will surprise people.