TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2009 World Baseball Classic

Bait him on what? Adam Dunn?

Edit: Ok yeah that was pretty obvious watching it again via Tivo. I must have zoned out and missed that.

Daisuke had the 2nd most wins for a pitcher with less than 170 innings last year. Let's have some fun. Without looking at the PI...

1. Who had the most?

2. Who had the most wins with less than 100 innings?

3. Who had the most losses with less than 170 innings?

It's lent for me, but Al, you're getting on Jeter a little bit too much.

Does USA have any other outfielders?

You're right, I'll tone it down. The US has Shane Victorino yet.

Maybe you can bash Brian Roberts for awhile.

Listening to this discussion about the USA pitchers, maybe they should put some college pitchers on the roster next time?

And on cue Morgan suggests the same thing, though he said minor leaguers. Problem with that is they'd run into the same issues with the major league clubs.

Actually, we should be ripping Davey Johnson as much as Jeter, because we all knew at the start of the game that wasting Rollins at DH would come back to bite him in the ass.

8-4 now, it's not looking good

No he wasn't. Get over yourself if you think he was correct.

The fact that people care shows that it matters.

It is meaningless. It's a tournament designed by Bud Selig to give baseball its Olympics like hockey and basketball, only the tournament means nothing and is forcing players to spend time away from their teams to compete in a stupid tournament that apparently makes people feel jingoistic nationalistic pride for winning an exhibition.

You know a tournament is awesome when you have forced pitch counts for pitchers. I'd rather Chipper Jones be with the Braves then playing for U-S-A! U-S-A-!

Derek Jeter is a poor fielding shortstop. How is he incorrect?

It's that al constantly goes on and on about how much he hates Jeter. We get it, you think he's overhyped, shut the fuck up. It's annoying.

Well, now that the US is out, no one has to bitch about "their" players being gone anymore.

What about all the Japanese/Koreans? The ones who are being counted on to contribute to Major League teams?

Well it was a good run for team USA. At least they made it further than 2006. I guess I'll cheer for Japan in the final tonight. Go repeat champion.

Smues was also a late arrival to the Rays and Arizona Cardinals bandwagons, guys, so place your bets accordingly.

Apparently the "Team USA officials" pissed off Derrek Lee by badgering and hectoring him into playing in the WBC, even though he was injured:

MESA, Ariz. — Derrek Lee said Major League Baseball officials were "disrespectful" for pressuring him to replace Kevin Youkilis on Team USA's roster for the World Baseball Classic.

. . .

"I thought it was disrespectful, to be truthful," he said. "They knew I wasn't playing here [in camp]. How do they expect me to get off the trainer's table and start playing there?

He's so mad, he's going to ground into his first of this year's thirty double plays extra hard! In related Cubs/WBC news, Geovany Soto is said to be overweight and out of shape. Probably should've been in spring training, getting into shape and working with his pitching staff.

I think next time they should do the WBC with teams split up into various ethnic groups. I mean think about the heat for the Jewish-Arab game, the fire would be so hot the stadium would implode upon itself.