TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The ONE and ONLY World Series Thread

Guest Choken One

No we aren't delete this thread. No need to create a new thread and who cares if it's long? its a BASEBALL thread about the playoffs...it should stay in ONE thread.

Guest FrigidSoul
Predictions.

I predict nobody at Fox to be happy with the exception of Tim McCarver as the ratings plummet

Jayson Stark has picked the Marlins in six.

And to all those people who hate Jeffrey Loria, shouldn't you be placing some of the blame on Bud Selig? What the hell did you expect Loria to do when Selig made him the offer?

Guest FrigidSoul

I still wanted to see angry Cubs fan police officers arrest Miguel Cabrera for underage drinking

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Wow, it's like the Super Bowl of baseball!

- Actual quote I heard today.

Teenage girls, you HAVE to love them. HAVE to.

And to all those people who hate Jeffrey Loria, shouldn't you be placing some of the blame on Bud Selig? What the hell did you expect Loria to do when Selig made him the offer?

Oh believe me, Bud Selig has earned my share of hate. I don't fault Loria for buying the Marlins. I fault him for completely bungling the Expos beyond repair.

I think the Marlins benefit playing the Yankees because Dontrelle Willis is a lefty, and Yankee Stadium is a great park for left handed pitchers.

The Marlins remind me an awful lot of the Angels last year, a team that the Yanks struggled with.

They have a great combination of speed, power, defense, and pitching.

The Marlins are set to kick off Game 1 of the World Series at Yankee Stadium on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET. Brad Penny gets the start in the opener with Mark Redman and Josh Beckett slated to follow in Games 2 and 3. Dontrelle Willis likely won't be in the rotation as his role becomes the Marlins' primary power relief pitcher.

florida.marlins.mlb.com

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Yanks will win in 6.

Marlins win games 1 and 5, Yankes take 2, 3, 4, 6 (obviously).

Guest The Real Nosferatu
I ran a simulation on whatifsports.com, and the Yankees won in 5. Results, of course, are extremely unofficial.

Yup. I predicted Cubs v. Red Sox in the World Series LOL

Actually, Fox will be happy as long as the ratings will be higher than last year's Giants-Angels. And these ratings will not be as bad as everybody thinks.

And if I'm wrong I'll just quote it with my "Giants in 4" pick!

I don't like their chances if they have to come back to NY for the last two games.

I do.

Nobody liked their chances at going back to Chicago to pitch against the best 1-2 combo in the league either.

So the Marlins are going to run a three-man rotation in this series? Honestly, outside of Beckett, I don't see what's so great about their starting pitching. Willis has proven that he'll need a couple of more seasons to become a great pitcher, Redman got knocked around pretty well aside from Game 3 in the NLCS, and Penny has yet to have a decent start in the postseason. They'll need their hitting if they're gonna take this series, because their pitching just doesn't "do it" for me. I don't care if some people think Beckett is some sort of god.

Guest BobbyWhioux

Ratings?

Who cares!

Since when did we all turn into souless network programming suits that we care so much about ratings?

"Ooh, the ratings won't be as high, that means it's not that good a show..."

:firing:

Screw that thinking.