TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Wrestlemania

Guest NYankees

I am just curious to see how many people are going to watch Wrestlemania or are just not interested.

I really don't care about the $ aspect, that never bothers me. It's just a matter if I want to devote 4 hours of my time that I know will suck, and if there is a miracle and there is something good, I can get the dvd for 20 bucks in less then a month.

I have bought WrestleMania on PPV every year since WM 9 in 1993. I really don't think I'll be doing it this year.

I'm not really protesting the product or anything. It's simply that I am just not that interested in any of the matches. I truly, honestly, don't really want to see ANYTHING on the card. And this isn't one of those "I'm bitching now but will ultimately buy it on PPV because I always do" type of deals. I honestly cannot see myself watching this thing for 4 hours straight.

It's funny. I'm REALLY looking forward to the HOF ceremony more than anything. I'm sure glad it's on free TV and not on PPV. Oops, better not give Vince any ideas.

Plus, the super duper 2 disc deluxe edition DVD will come out 4 weeks later, and probably will cost $22.99 at Best Buy. Hmmmm.....wait a month and pay $23, or pay $50 to see it live.

There's nothing I can't wait 4 weeks for--if I even buy the thing on DVD. Hell, I might not get EITHER one based on how it's looking.

Only way to watch the show would be if there are drinking games involved, you gotta be drunk to watch the current product.

Keg stand if there is a clean finish.

Chug a can of beer for every botch.

Do a shot if the announcer says the tired old cliche.

Guest NitroJMS

I have tickets to this year's show but I've thrown them onto Ebay for two reasons: I can't find anyone who wants to go since the original person who was willing to go backed out, and I've become apathetic to the card myself. Hopefully, I can recoup the price of the tickets. I'll probably just download the show the next day and buy the DVD later on.

I am kinda interested in Cena/HHH, mostly because I'm curious what the crowd will be like and if Cena will bring his working boots for this match. Though that's not enough for me to buy the PPV. I've already skipped watching the last 5 or so Wrestlemanias, another won't hurt.

If it turns out to be good, I'll buy the DVD. If a match ends up being worth watching (for whatever reason), I'll find a way to watch it.

Even though the event & card looks weak as hell, I'll still be ordering. I've ordered every WM from 17 through 21 & I don't plan on stopping. I probably WOULDN'T order this one but the only reason I am is because it's in my hometown this year. And who knows, maybe the guys will actually step it up in the ring & make it not as bad as it looks it will be.

It's funny I went from WM 5 through WM17 without missing a single show. Then took a hiatus from WM and wrestling in general through WM21.

I'm really on the fence with this show.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Even though the event & card looks weak as hell, I'll still be ordering. I've ordered every WM from 17 through 21 & I don't plan on stopping. I probably WOULDN'T order this one but the only reason I am is because it's in my hometown this year. And who knows, maybe the guys will actually step it up in the ring & make it not as bad as it looks it will be.

What match can be good enough to save this show? Maybe the ladder match? Benoit vs. Bradshaw? They didnt even give us our Wrestlemania Token ****1/2 wrestling match this year.

I'm actually more excited about the SD before Mania, although that's probably because I'm going to it. WM looks so boring this year, but I'll probably order it with friends and we can make it entertaining.

What match can be good enough to save this show? Maybe the ladder match? Benoit vs. Bradshaw? They didnt even give us our Wrestlemania Token ****1/2 wrestling match this year.

I got a feeling Edge/Foley will deliver, that is if Foley is motivated, like he was back in 04 against Orton.

Guest JRE

It seems like everything went wrong last fall and through the winter- but they actually came out with some good one-on-one feuds for the show. They also aren't relying on interpromotional matches like they did the last two years (save MITB, which is a little different).

And you do have to consider some perks over the last years- a US title match that wasn't thrown together at the last minute and could be a good wrestling match. A tag title with a little buildup (well, it's better than those horrible throwaway 4-ways at WMXX). The fact that there's 9 matches on the card and it's still 2 weeks away is an improvement over every other PPV.

But still...you can go down the list of matches and pick out a bad point in each. And that's sad. There's no match that stands out as a possible classic, but that does leave room for us to be surprised. I guess I'll get it.

There is nothing appealing about this Wrestlemania.

This is the first Mania in a long while that hasn't had one appealing match on it. Hell, even Wrestlemania 11 had some matches that appealed to people.

Honestly, I don't even want to watch Wrestlemania 22 live and the only reason why I'm going to buy the dvd is for the Hall Of Fame. I'm only intrested in three matches and thats Beniot vs JBL, The money in the bank match, and Foley vs Edge. Everything looks bland and to predictable for me to watch or even care. There isn't any emotion in this year's Wrestlemania. The past few Wrestlemania's there was emotion in the matches that were on the card. HBK vs Angle, Beniot vs HBK vs HHH, Batista vs HHH, the money in the bank match from Wrestlemania 21, but this year the only match that actually might have some form of emotion that might make it intresting is the Orton vs Mysterio vs Angle match but thats only if Mysterio wins but my guess is that Orton would actually beat Mysterio for the title and maybe Foley vs Edge depending on the outcome and how long the camera rolls after the match is over.