Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. I should never say things like "I look forward to watching this when I get home from work". It puts too much faith in my cable provider.
  2. That wasn't the objectionable part.
  3. VICKIE FOR WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPION. I'm told this would be a crazy idea. For the record, the reason why it's "I'm told" often is because the original article was someone reporting what a friend called him to tell him what happened on the show. I get the reasoning, but that's why it bothers me. Just credit the guy reporting the spoilers!
  4. Basically, this show is the last relevant SNME to air, but even by this time it was off NBC and not doing so hot. The show's gimmick was that all 3 titles in the company were on the line and YOU got to see it on free TV. I remember as a kid, I thought FOR SURE NO WAY IT CAN'T HAPPEN that the Ultimate Maniacs were going to win the tag team titles. For some odd reason I keep thinking they wrestled The Nasty Boys, but it must be Money Inc. You have Bret Hart taking on Papa Shango in his gravest challenge yet (I guess...) and an absolute TV classic where Shawn Michaels takes his first big step to a great singles career while the British Bulldog gets fired as a a clean-up measure (don't worry Davey, you'll be back once Vince beats The Feds in the summer of '94!). I look forward to watching this when I get home from work.
  5. I hear what you're saying and agree, which is why I enjoyed the film, but that didn't make it any less wacky. Now had it been an adaptation of the (non-canonical) comic where an adult Short Round finds the remains of Hans Solo and the Milennium Falcon...
  6. I can now verify that to be completely untrue. Dallas BBQ for the win in both pricing and quality.
  7. I'm told I'll probably try and catch the Punk / Morrison match at least.
  8. Where Puns Happen (Czech them out!)
  9. SNME is what I'm all about! 3 title matches, Bulldog vs. Shawn, an Ultimate Maniacs match. Should be fun 1992 nostalgia. Is the Al Bundy opening in there?
  10. "Not quite a hunk, not quite a nerd - Shia LaBeouf!" - Homer Simpson. Caught the movie tonight but had to go to one of the earliest evening showings (6:45) due to having other plans / work at 12am. Too many kids (though most well behaved) and some jerk brought her infant daughter with her and of course she kept crying. Why are you bringing someone that young to this movie and why didn't you just go to the "for parents with young children" screening to spare the rest of us? A lot of times we couldn't even hear her crying over the score (and she was several rows away) but the odd time we could hear crying and the parent elected NOT to walk out of the theatre it was annoying. Anyway, to the movie - I loved it and all, but wow was that so much more f'd up than I would have expected. I half expected to see Chewbacca and the Millennium Falcon at the end. I also didn't realize everyone - from old Indiana to young Mutt - would be so impervious to any ill effects from falling down three waterfalls. But like I said, it was a fun movie and a great way to spend 2 hours.
  11. DrVenkman PhD

    Wii Fit

    When I bought my Wii in NYC last May I carried it around all day in a big "WORLD OF NINTENDO" bag. Wasn't a big deal and I'm hardly gutsy.
  12. Fun fact learned form Flair's HOF speech: The reason Lombardi is in so many DVD doc's is because he's the talent wrangler when it comes to those talking heads. Fun fact learned from the Hardy's DVD (I believe Jeff's half): They were the door opening jesters at KOTR 95.
  13. A WCW ring at a WCW Pay-Per-View. Which means the WWE owns all footage of that event. WWE also likes to pretend this happened under their watch in the video they show before TV tapings (which I believe was originally an investors-type video).
  14. Funniest example I can think of this was Michael Cole ALMOST saying "Hospital Bed" when describing Austin's whereabouts during the 1999 Royal Rumble, but saying "Medical Facility Bed" instead, which just sounds stupid.
  15. I can't remember the exact exchange, but Joey 'Not yet Mercury' Matthews was on Velocity leading to Tazz asking if he and Josh were related. Josh said no because his name only has one t. Tazz followed up with "My name used to have one 'z' but that's another story". I enjoyed their work.
  16. King brother, we need to curb this somehow.
  17. I was hoping this was going to be a breakdown of non-custom titles. Real TSMer -> Dwight Schurte -> Jessica Biel's ass -> Royal Rumble Winner or something like that, but I never caught the entire breakdown.
  18. I just sit around watching cartoons about aliens and poker tournaments from Las Venturas. I knew that would happen.
  19. I heard the offer as $100,000 over a 10 week period (say, is SummerSlam in 10 weeks?) equaling out to $1,000,000 but apparently I was the only one to interpret it that way. Not much different than the house give away or the $1,000,000 SummerSlam 97 give away, but whatever, let's all make fun of a company for giving money to their fans. Speaking of money, Ted DiBiase and son coming out to the DiBiase theme music was great. I really hope Ted Sr. sticks around as a manager.
  20. So I hooked up the 360 I picked up while in the US (hooray for lower prices, lower taxes, and no duty because I was out of town on vacation!) and right away, I found myself in love with hooking my camera up and looking at the photos I took on vacation on my HDTV. Beautiful. On a weird note, when I started playing GTA IV today I was told the system had to do an update, so I said ok. Then it said "could not perform update - go to the Xbox support website" and I couldn't do anything else. I shut the system off then turned it back on and everything seems to be fine.
  21. DrVenkman PhD

    Wii Fit

    I was at the Nintendo store in NYC on Wii Fit launch day, craziness in there! I liked randomly spotting people in the city carrying Wii Fit around throughout the day.
  22. People who play two slot machines at once. Maybe I wanted to play some Empire Strikes Back and get a Cloud City Free Spin Bonus, ever think of that bitch playing two machines?
  23. One time I tried to get the ball rolling on this bu Morrison's Ball Caddy called me a "Nigga hating jewbag" (I think, I forget now) and I had the thread deleted. Good times.
  24. I had never heard of this person until Czech did this thread and I didn't care for the photos he chose, but after seeing / hearing her at Letterman last week (then just for fun hanging out with paparazzi and autograph hounds outside the theatre afterwards), I think I "get it".
×
×
  • Create New...