DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Apparently they are slightly different, but some of my friends loved / love them too and think I'm nuts. But then again, From wiki: The candies bear a strong resemblance to tablet-style pills in shape and texture. One individual candy is in the shape of a cylinder with a diameter of roughly 1 cm and a height of roughly 4 mm. Larger ones have a diameter of 2.5 cm and are about 6 mm thick. Both sizes are double concave. There are 25 calories and 6 grams of sugar in a roll of Smarties.[1] Ingredients include: dextrose (may contain corn syrup solids and/or maltodextrin), citric acid, calcium stearate, artificial flavors, colors. Smarties produced by Ce De Candy's Union Township, Union County, New Jersey plant have a slightly different taste than the ones that are produced by their Newmarket, Ontario plant. The Canadian ones generally taste stronger, with more noticeable differences between the various color flavors.
-
Since there's no result listed for Rude / Orndorff, . Beefcake vs. One Man Gang is up now and is not listed on Cawthon's site, so there you go landy. Doherty cracks me up by saying "World Wide Wrestling Federation" despite it now being almost 1988. . Now it's time for Hart Foundation vs. Strike Force! This is what I came to see. Doherty's awfulness (and heel bias) goes to a whole new level during this match. I almost thought we were going to see Bret Hart lost by submission in some historic lost result, . Match was good, but not as good as I thought it might have been. Here's another unlisted match for you, landy: Ron Bass vs. Ricky Steamboat (who Doherty calls Ricky "The Steamboat" Dragon). After that match, we get to the not quite 2nd match (but shouldn't be this high up the card) match of Valentine vs. Johnson. I'm noticing now the cameramen are wearing "Hulkamania" shirts as opposed to camera crew shirts.
-
I think VX was supposed to run it but decided not to. I don't want to either.
-
So is someone going to be running a tournament or are we just having an open discussion about our thoughts due to VX just declaring Marvin the winner and moving on?
-
That it was. I've seen the main event a lot since 2001 (when it was on Foley's 1st DVD, after 5 years of hearing about it but never being able to see it) but never the show in full. I don't think it's a very good show outside of that match but I'm sure Gunns vs. Owen/Bulldog is ok. Goldust / Taker might be ok too, but my first thought always goes to a match Goldust had (and now I can't remember if it was against Taker or Warrior) in the spring where they did NOTHING for 10 minutes because Goldust was actually injured. Either way, I enjoy seeing full shows for the first time. I'm watching the 87 Texas show now thanks to Cogeco's screw-up. Pete "Duke of Dorchester" Doherty is the absolute worst I have heard on commentary (and he's the colour man to Pritchard and McGuirk...). I'm not even one match in and his grating heel commentary, sounding like a cross between Gilbert Gotfried and the talking germ from Musinex commercials, is annoying. Hercules vs. JYD is the 2nd match on this show (listed as 6th on HotWWE). Now Pete's commentary is becoming so annoying it's getting funny. The show has interesting production compared to most Old School shows - they show a picture of a ring to open it, presumably since they have no exterior shot of the arena. The crowd is dark (listed as "2,000+" but I don't know what the Sam Houston Coliseum's capacity was) and the shots seem tighter and more in the ring than your 1985 Boston shows. I assume they didn't often film from this location, so it's interesting to be able to see a house show from this location. Demolition vs. The cousin team of Brady Boone and Billy Jack Haynes is pretty dull but the crowd pops for a hot tag near the end of the match and it picks up a bit. Rick Rude is in the ring now for his match with Paul Orndorff as match #4 so I'm not sure where this Greg Valentine vs Ken Johnson match listed as match 2 fits in yet. Rude's plain red tights are very generic, especially for him (just a minor note obviously) but so far these guys are having a good match.
-
When I eat my Smarties I eat the reds one last. In Canada - and the UK, I guess - Smarties are basically just M&Ms. Yes Dandy, it appears Smarties (also known as "Rockets" outside of the US according to wikipedia, so I got that almost right) are what I hate.
-
I've always hated Sweet Tarts and those similar tasting candies which for some reason I think is called "Rocket Ship candy" (I think that's just one of the brandings on some of the bags), basically just little discs stacked up in a clear wrapper. Those were my Halloween zonks. I remember commenting to my mom when I was really young that Crispy Crunch tasted like sand, but I took a liking to it eventually. I see from wikipedia the bar is not available in the States.
-
Captain Planet vs. Hitler Planeteers vs. Religious intolerance in Belfast My favourite, Planeteers vs. Gang Violence.
-
"See what happens when Jake “The Snake” Roberts targets “Macho Man” Randy Savage," SOLD. Oh and WrestleWar 90 is good too, I like it when WCW PPVs I've never seen are offered. As I mentioned before, my favourite Raw airs next month. I watched the Roberts piece on my computer when it first came out and since I generally don't like doing that I probably skipped a lot of it. I recall it being interesting and I'm looking forward to watching it on TV but I also remember Meltzer reviewing it in the WON, talking about how much BS was coming from Jake.
-
Not even the almighty wikipedia seems to have detailed info on where she is. "While it had been reported that Rudolph would not return to the show for the 2007-2008 season, she eventually decided to stay with the show.[2] However after the Writers Guild of America strike, Rudolph did not return."
-
I think inactivity has made us forget about Vanhalen and raz.
-
Santino's Casa is back.
-
His rant about Shoot Em Up (which just inspired more people to see it) was funny.
-
Should have held out until today, Nate! $25 value! And seriously WWE.com, you time to add that promotional offer advertisement but not realize the February theme has been over for days now? I want to know what's coming in April, damnit!
-
We should do a reverse met / raped filter for a week just to shake things up and confuse people. Then we could hear about the time Deon raped Steve Austin and found out he wouldn't wrestle Hulk Hogan (breaking news!)
-
Perhaps more relevant topics as well. "Let's talk about... The US Express Version 2 with Dan Spivey", for example, would not warrant a thread.
-
Kawalimus, I was just typing nonsense. Your responses to joey bags are funny though. Remember the teddy bear filter? That confused me when Frog McNeal was saying "Teddy bear please".
-
It's not nice to say retarded. Are you confused with me? I send him un-newsworthy items all the time.
-
People aren't keen on those that make fun of mentally challenged garbageman trying to make a living by using a name "only they would know" since they made it up themselves (then later revealed he was mocking said handicapped co-worker named Kawalimus The Garbageman) while throwing a fit how someone on the forum must have stole the name to wrestle indy's in Vancouver.
-
At the very least, a link instead of a posted image... but it's irrelevant now since the post was edited.
-
I'm also not sure where he got that from, nor do I know how you "give away" results of a house show.
-
The recap of the show on WO says Batista is going after the US title next week... way to go down a peg, Dave. The flipside to that is that's much better than Batista just continuing his rivalry with MVP and putting down the title as unimportant.
-
Commercials on CBS say the show starts back with new episodes on March 17th. That was fast.
-
The zenith of it had something to do with Anna Nicole Smith's death. Yeah. NYU's analysis of Jericholic82 was pretty funny.
-
Isn't it "Taiga"?