DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
Yeah, someone already mentioned that and pointed out how vague it is, as if WWE accepted UFC's deal to promote it and is barely doing so... kind of like the KISS Demon's "Special Main Event Match". Someone else said there is clearly a UFC logo above the poll but hell if I can see it. -
The montage of Ken being the greatest warrior in the world is pretty funny.
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
I was reading something in the WO.com daily update about apparently troubled (just learning this now) former Philly news woman Alycia Lane having a backstage meeting with Vince McMahon and MAYBE being hired but probably not. As someone who made it a point to watch the CBS Philadelphia news on my trips to Atlantic City every 6 or so months, I would definitely approve. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I've been wanting them to do a Hall of Fame profile on Bret too, so that's good. Here's hoping there's some hidden gems in the 6 matches they pick. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I'm also thinking I somehow only saw half of this Raw (or perhaps none of it) on TSN back in the day - maybe it was edited down to 90 minutes because of a curling tournament? - because things like the Foley interviews I remember well (especially part 3 on the next episode) but things like LOD vs HBK/Austin I don't remember at all. It was also a bit curious to me that they never mentioned that the D-Lo match was his in ring debut, let alone his in ring debut on Raw, so I wonder if he was doing Shotgun's around this time. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
X8 > 11, so I can't totally agree with the lackluster comment (plus Hogan vs. Rock!) but as I said last year, I'm not a fan of the Shorties ans Big Ones in March because it's too much Mania for someone who owns them all anyway. That said, I was at that Raw from 2002 so hooray! I seem to recall it not being well reviewed at the time (and now I'm remembering why - multiple boardroom scenes) but I had a blast at the time and enjoyed the Rock/Austin vs nWo match (it was fun going nuts for Hogan live). -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Yes, JR mentioned that. Also, this Nitro is very boring though the opener is ok and the new nWo member is cool. -
Scientists discover small hairless rodents
DrVenkman PhD replied to Bruiser_Brody_'s topic in General Chat
"REAL acid?" "The goggles do nothing!" Sorry, I couldn't resist. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Lawler's asshole antics are once again awesome on Raw. I got a big laugh out of his promo against Goldust and loved how pro-Lawler the Evansville, Indiana crowd was. McMahon even brings up the Lawler lawsuit for some reason while JR mentions Marlena being a make-up artist at CNN previously. Good stuff. "I talked to your old man Dusty Rhodes - he doesn't like you because you married the biggest golddiger in all of Georgia, then put on a woman's wig and prance around the ring kissing men like a flaming fag". -
Czech starts thread about banning Hawk 34, I reveal that I'm easily duped by things untrustworthy banned posters tell me over facebook, Mole verifies there was nothing accurate about the claim, Dandy begrudingly posts a quote he received from another poster about me, Dandy refuses to give up despite people already being sick of my antics. EFT
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
The Flair / Keibler wedding is as much of a train wreck as I hoped WCW 2000 would have produced. I also blocked out any memory of Jeremy Borash being part of WCW's announce team, but some wikipedia research says he was even a writer for Nitro (and on the subject of announcers, I did laugh a bit at the graphic "Television's Sexiest Man" for Mark Madden). So, we get Stacy getting a mystery letter, the wedding ceremony happening TWICE, some great "man to man" advice from Arn Anderson that everyone can hear (I did laugh at "it's easier to get permission than forgiveness" though), Ric Flair being treated like crap in the Carolinas, and a Russo swerve ending. Classic bad WCW. Stacy's dress was great, though. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I don't recall seeing Fuji Vice in the HOF section before. This is also the first time the Pillman DVD feature has been on 24/7 that I recall. -
What came first? The Bigfoot, Big Big Cheese, or Dominator? It's kind of funny locally as "The Dominator" has long since stopped existing but we have a local place doing good business with their "Equalizer", which is the same concept and used to have ads mocking the Dominator. I think there used to be a Terminator from another one too.
-
I overheard some Wendy's staff talking about a Spicy Baconator that's on the way.
-
I have a feeling tonight will the biggest night in the history of our great forum.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - February 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Re-watching the Billy and Chuck wedding, it was amusing to see the cast of characters involved when SmackDown became united against Raw's invasion and compare them to today. You have Edge and Rey teaming up to chase away Jamal (now Umaga), Kurt Angle checking on Stephanie with Eddie Guerrero, and ECW, and of course Chuck is an angry biker now. Still amazes me the bang up disguise job they did for Bischoff. -
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
Are you sure about this? I know Dave wrote for Friends but the PWInsider guys are always referring to him as an ECW Arena alumni. I remember reading - back when he was teamed with Heyman during the ECW relaunch - that he was a regular at ECW shows. Brian Gerwitz has attended ROH shows I think. Apparently he hasn't learned anything. No, I wasn't sure, and was actually mixing up Gerwitz's ROH fandom with ECW. Enigma explained it a few posts up. -
The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to EVIL~! alkeiper's topic in WWE Multimedia
No Clash here for me, but I got everything else. Edit: Clash is there as of 5pm. -
Oh I see, "post on their name" is some incredibly poor way of saying "post using their account". Now it makes sense. She's trying to ride Czech's coattails.
-
Two EC matches on one show? How very odd and sadly TNA like.
-
I still don't know what's going on.
-
I thought he was part of the fake screens? I didn't see him on the VGC photos on flickr. Edit: There he is in an updated picture. Cool. Still, I think the is my favourite.
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
Dave Lagana probably started that rumour. -
Must have been the log because it was empty when I went in.
-
WWE General Discussion - January 2008
DrVenkman PhD replied to Prophet of Mike Zagurski's topic in The WWE Folder
It would be a pretty huge win, no doubt. I'm sure this isn't the case, but I have to wonder if Cena coming back so early and apparently treating his Rumble victory as a Money in the Bank stipulation is just some hot shot deal where they get a big surprise bump in product interest with Cena's return, do a good buyrate for a former filler show between the Rumble and Mania, then Cena disappears to further rehab his injury after Orton gives him a beating at No Way Out. You'd think they could accomplish the HHH / Cena match (if that's the plan) at Mania without tainting the Rumble prize by just having HHH get a title shot at No Way Out for being runner up, but that would result in two title changes in two months if Cena were to go over and they seem to be against that sort of thing these days.