DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
FOX Sunday Night - 2007/2008 Season
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in Television & Film
I really enjoyed Peter saying he wanted to "meet Scrubs! And I wanna meet Black Scrubs too!" -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
The use of an NES on the current ECW episode was a big mark out moment for me. -
I was going to ask what the hell "This Christmas" was, but it's one of those "urban" films that kinda sneaks up and ranks high on the box office report, right?
-
Is it odd that the Chinese Restaurant ad on the HHH Times wasn't defaced?
-
www.thegothamtimes.com / www.thehahahatimes.com
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
The owner's manual for my digital box specifically mentions the ease of recording PPV events with it's box to recording source instructions. I thought that was a bit odd. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Here's something I didn't pick up on from the WWE.com preview for December the first time I read it: Awesome. Someone at LordsOfPain caught that when reporting that 24/7 is up in revenue from last year and has 115,000 subscribers (I clicked on the link off of wikipedia). They also mentioned the promos saying 40 hours of content (instead of the usual 20) which I already mentioned. Good stuff. This might also explain why we're 4 days away from a new month of content with no changes to the Sunflower schedule. -
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289258/quotes - KOTR 94 quotes. Hilarious stuff.
-
IMDB also says I was in a movie called "The Lords of Magick". I have no idea how that even happened... it began as a joke 7-8 years ago when I was bored, young, and exploiting the fact they would basically add anything or anyone and gave myself a fake credit as a video game narrator. That was removed by someone else but somehow my profile (with proper hometown and birthday) remained on the site and got another acting credit.
-
There's also someone with my name writing a bunch of pornographic stories.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Apparently "Glacier sucks". Wrath and Mortis! I love it. I forgot to mention how awful Ken Shamrock's promo is. It made me laugh. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Pillman's pants at the end of Raw were pretty great. Nitro is pretty exciting. I've only seen one match (debuting Nagata vs. Malenko for the US title) but with all their "more titles on the line!" hype, I'm buying into it. -
Anything good come up? Here's two from google groups - one is actually about me, and one is not (as far as I remember). That was from wrestlingobserver.com feedback to No Mercy 2007. The guy also ripped other people for saying HHH/Orton was a good feud, saying "Don't shill for McHH! You're obviously on the payroll" and other fun stuff. Someone responded "PWTORCH is especially obvious. Keller is really McMahon's bastard son." Moving on: Anyone else being called out over google or things of that nature?
-
Sin and Punishment Assist Trophy (Saki Amamiya)! Now we're talking, Dojo!
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Monsoon swearing is so weird. I fell asleep during Taker / HHH but luckily the program expired during that match (like all of my updates this week, MNW is also "12 minutes") so when I hit resume this morning, it started at about the same point. Good to know for when I get home from work. -
"Decided" is an interesting choice of words.
-
My vague memories of the Genesis EC recall the game being no bloodier than a Street Fighter game (also rated "T for Teen"). The Sega CD version, on the other hand... Keep in mind by "vague memories", I mean back in the 90s my friends rented it and we played it a little bit over the weekend. I didn't know anyone who owned it or put a significant amount of playtime into it.
-
I'm going to look for the old Shawn Michaels debate... but later. Maybe. Probably not at all.
-
Why does searching "an insane amount of ranch please" on google bring up lesbianpersonals.com?
-
Review: WWF Survivor Series 1994, from San Antonio, TX, 11/23/1994.
DrVenkman PhD commented on a blog entry in LFC Blog
The booking of that Lawler/Doink match is so bizarre and I always questioned it. Once Lawler pinned Doink - the very first eliminaion - the match had no reason to continue. Lawler could never legally get back into the ring to lose. So stupid. However, I have childhood nostalgia for that opener and wish the PYBOs were on the Canadian 24/7 so I could watch it. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
How long is it? My guide listed that and the Boston show as 12 minutes (which is obviously wrong). -
Smackdown Spoilers for Nov 23rd...
DrVenkman PhD replied to Thanks for the Fish's topic in The WWE Folder
Yes, I did manage to read the report directly above my post. On one hand, I don't care that they messed up, we probably didn't need to see these guys back. On the other hand, I love nostalgia and am probably one of the only people on this board that not only has no problem with Duggan being under contract, but respects the E for giving the man a job. -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Yes! Eyebrows! That was what it was. So obvious. Good catch. Anyone check out the AWA thing yet? I gather it's from that series that ran on DirecTV in 2002. -
Why are they turning the merchandising selling Jeff Hardy heel in the above scenario? Is this going to become like the Cena deal, where people get bored with Jeff Hardy getting a big push and demand he becomes a dirty heel to freshen up his character, ignoring the merchandising / kids loving him angle?
-
Finlay matches seem to always have alot of heat, noit sure what you mean. I've never witnessed a boring/heatless Finlay match on either show, but I'm specifically talking about Smackdown. You must have missed Finlay's fake face turn feud with Regal in the Summer of 2006 while Lashley was out of action. I was actually at the SmackDown taping after the 2006 GAB and while my section got a pretty good Finlay chant going in the rematch with Regal, it came across just as dead as it did at the Bash until Hornswoggle showed up.