DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Hey, shitheads in the RAW thread
DrVenkman PhD replied to Twisted Intestine's topic in No Holds Barred
This is why I hate religion. -
To go with the above, this is what Todd Martin wrote in his Raw recap on WO:
-
Must be connected to that non-existent Diva's internet restructuring. Bizarre.
-
Is there any sort of competitive GM mode in this? I had heard prior that it got absorbed into 24/7 mode. The guy I was playing it with, we never finished 07 anyway, but just wondering. This is the first time I didn't have the game on reserve... I normally get past all the complaints and just enjoy the updated roster, but if I bought a game today it would be Mario Galaxy over this. The other issue is I'm just assuming the PS2 version is rushed and awful compared to the apparently not that great anyway big brothers and I imagine the Wii version is gimmicky and toned down more than the PS2 version. It was weird, earlier this year I watched Punk's 360 entrance and PS2 entrance... it looked like - much like Sandman's crowd entrance - Punk's hair was a seventh generation exclusive that PS2 owners didn't get. 2006 is great for two reasons: 1. Ted DiBiase, meaning the game has the Million Dollar Title and one of the best theme songs in history. 2. WrestleMania IX arena. One of the better things about 2006 and 2007 was the title matches in exhibition mode. Does that still exist?
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Through the magic of website editing, Survivor Series 94 was always the PYBO winner and the correct show was uploaded to cable servers. This does not explain why there is a picture of Ricky Steamboat next to the "This month's winner - Survivor Series 1994" caption though, lol. -
Is it me, or the WWE.com "Alumni" section shrinking? I went to check if they had the foresight to remove Jericho's bio now that he has one on the Raw page again (and they did - I think, I couldn't remember if Jericho actually had an alumni page or not but thought he did) and it seemed smaller than usual. Didn't Sable used to be there? Odd.
-
Yeah, I was actually worried he'd have some terrible new song. Glad to hear the classic theme.
-
Figured that since there isn't much point in continuing on with the original Save_Us thread, I'd post this here:
-
306. Jericho's return sucked because he wore an outfit that was pretty much what he wore for his 1999 debut but "more gay".
-
My guess is as a new series, they needed to make sure they weren't canceled after two episodes.
-
FOX Sunday Night - 2007/2008 Season
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in Television & Film
I thought that too but Stewie referenced the goat as part of the canon plot later... the whole thing made no sense at all. -
http://sponsors.wwe.com/oops/index.html I can't believe this link still works.
-
"that segment was dumb, Jericho should have attacked Orton!" Uh, well since this isn't TNA, they do this nice thing called "building". You don't need to rush through a debut, promo, and attack all in one segment. Also he looks more like Neil Patrick Harris. But that's irrelevant and he always wears outfits like that (in fact we already knew that was his debut vest thanks to WWE magazine). Let's just enjoy him being back, ok kids?
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
No, the video screen with wrestler logos started showing up in late 1992 (I know it was on the the late 92 SNME) and as such was used at PPVs in 93. -
4 minutes in and this is amazing. Canadian Thanksgiving vs. American Thanksgiving discussion! Borat costume!
-
FOX Sunday Night - 2007/2008 Season
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in Television & Film
Stan previously killed Johnson's (CIA co-worker) body double while aimlessly firing his weapon during a zoned out flashback to his high school prom where pigs were dropped on him. I don't want to sound like one of those "omg Family Guy sure sucks since season 3, should have never come back!" guys, but wow last night's episode was bad. An odd thing was the scene transition from Lois saying Peter just learned what 9/11 meant 3 years ago to Peter setting a trap for Toby Keith (why was he even doing this?) - it had no music cue and I thought it was going to somehow be a cut away gag from Lois' 9/11 comment. That's what happens when you air unfinished episodes, Fox! -
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Last year was 87 and 97 (by way of PYBO, so I didn't get it). -
I can only think of Kane.
-
I figured Bats was going to put his foot on the ropes. Kicking out of the Tombstone is a big deal.
-
Still sounds like I'd rather stick with my tuna on honey oat.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I was hoping with WWE.com now actually advertising their weekly line-ups (as opposed to me finding out through some American cable company's posted schedule) it meant they were going back to having identical programming on all cable systems, but Cogeco is still PYBO free. I want to tape Survivor Series 94, too! Oh well. Two more days until Bret/Austin's street fight angle! -
I noticed the other day my digital guide said tonight's episode was a repeat. It (along with CBS.com) now says it's the pilot episode.
-
I'm pretty sure the pre-match stipulation was if Shawn didn't win the belt the feud was over. I know stuff like that doesn't stop them, but I'm not expecting another match anytime soon. I never, ever thought I'd say this, but bring on Jeff Hardy - WWE title contender - for Armageddon and / or the Rumble.
-
Review: WWF Survivor Series 1995, from Landover, MD, 11/19/1995.
DrVenkman PhD commented on a blog entry in LFC Blog
The Raw vs SmackDown match in 2005 was KIND OF like the Wildcard match. But yeah, they need to do one up in the future. -
FOX Sunday Night - 2007/2008 Season
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in Television & Film
I am enjoying Hank's quest for good steaks and having to deal with hippies.