Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Probably though I don't have the episode to watch. I know Rob was in one of those segments.
  2. SD vs Raw is multiplatform AND this is still a supposed wrestling forum. I still think Mario Galaxy flew in under the radar because it was overshadowed by SSBB coming out a month later..except now thats been pushed back and MG is getting such rave reviews. I think up until recently when reviews were out and demos were available, people sorta though MG was a dumb idea/concept. As an 80s kid, that makes me all very sad... a Mario game flying under the radar and people doubting his greatness. Blasphemous.
  3. If Matt is replaced, I think it's the perfect time for Ric Flair to return.
  4. I was JUST about to post that. HBK and The Beverly Brothers? Odd. That must be the match Tatanka pins Shawn in - I always heard about him being pinned in a 6 man tag but I never saw it or knew who the other parties were. Not a big fan of the rest of the entries as I either have them on DVD or just recorded it off 24/7 (Harts vs Michaels and The Knights). Hotbeds: Philly could be good.
  5. Well, that match made 3 (03/04/05). I remember Regal took a really odd looking Tombstone there too (his legs were kinda funny). It was kind of neat being there live and watching all the beat up midcarders walk to the back after the show.
  6. Hmm... was that Survivor Series 2005?
  7. Hey remember when people were all like "I can't believe they're wasting Benoit with an MVP feud / WrestleMania match"?
  8. SmackDown vs Raw 2008, which almost no one is caring about, has it's own thread, but Mario Galaxy does not. Noted.
  9. This new ad campaign where under appreciated moms team up to try and kill The King for making better food than them just seems a bit too creepy, even for King standards.
  10. Been ages since I've seen that episode. How does it hold up watching it in non-reverse order, as opposed to the way it was originally edited? It's good, just a bit distracting as that episode used a lot of quick cuts with music cues to indicate backwards time travel and show incidents. When played forward it's a bit weird to see such sudden jump cuts like that. On another topic, Cogeco here just got MPIX OnDemand (Moviepix, The Movie Network's sister station that airs lots of different movies as opposed to just 2005-2007) free with TMN subscriptions and boy they could not have picked a better time to finally add it (Roger's Cable has had it at least a year). They just added a boatload of Bond films and specials - everything before GoldenEye - as hype for some "Ultimate Bond Event" they're doing leading up to the TMN debut of Casino Royale. Good times.
  11. Some of Perfect's commentary was pretty good, I just don't remember what. It's too bad that women's match has some sloppy spots and was rather short because the non-blown spots were out of this world for 1995 Fed. WWF ALERT! They say "WWF" about 3 times during the Wildcard match and I believe Vince mentions the WWF title match coming up. Sometimes it's hard to tell with Vince though - when he says "WWF" really fast and they can't mute the whole thing, just the F, it sounds like he still says it. I love how good that DC crowd was too. Chanting "Barry"? Getting into a 1995 Marty Jannetty's comeback? Popping for face comebacks in a women's match when they don't even know the participants? Good, good stuff. Another note about the fact The Royals are all still in the WWE: That's the only elimination match where all 8 participants are still alive.
  12. The waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos instead.
  13. Not if Sycho Sid can help it! Or maybe someone else will save_HHH from being a man short (not likely).
  14. "Show creator and voice actor Seth MacFarlane said the November 11th episode (Lois Kills Stewie) was the last episode produced under his watch and there are no more new episodes ready. [91] Fox says they will complete the last three episodes written, voiced and animated without MacFarlane's final approval to air during the remainder of November, which he termed "a colossal dick move" in an interview with Variety" So I take that to mean they're just not edited / have final approval, but all the voices are there (hope they don't need any ADR).
  15. I'm reading the wikipedia entry for the 2007 Writer's Strike... sounds like I missed a funny joke from DX while I was on vacation. Are they really "carrying on without writers" or is that just someone's assumption based on HHH's joke?
  16. Got everything but Primetime last night, and before midnight too. I anticipated a problem with Primetime since they have TNT listed as being on the channel for 2 weeks (and of course it's still there right now). When I saw ECW listed as 90 minutes, I thought maybe they messed up and the ECW show was really PTW (this is what happened the last time I was missing it), but no, it's really ECW.
  17. Well unless WCW taped their house shows for braodcast on MSG, NESM, PRISM, or whatever the LA station is called, don't hold your breath for that. You just seem so angry at this channel sometimes...
  18. I watched that match before going to sleep last night and also noticed Gary on the phone. I thought maybe he was being given some match information but who knows. I loved the spot where Scott couldn't bridge out of Gordy being on him... unless that was some big botch. Either way, something different. It could just be I have less time than I did a year ago, but I remember when I first got the channel the advertised "20-30 hours" of content a month. The bumper for December said "40 hours". I'm beginning to notice that a lot of days there are a lot of longer programming options... almost all of the things I want to watch (MNW, MSG shows, PPVs, DVD specials) are 2-3 hours each. Even the ECW show is listed as 90 minutes this week! (is this a mistake by Cogeco?). Keep it coming, WWE.
  19. I'll call for a fatal four way tag match, just because. Londrick, High Landers and likely Holly/Rhodes for no reason. Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking. They wouldn't promote such a thing just to say "Kendrick and London again". I could see it being something way out there though, like Ric Flair and Roddy Piper making their big return (not necessarily those two, but something wacky like that).
  20. Thursday on WWE.com, Cade & Murdoch find out who they will be defending their titles against at Survivor Series.
  21. "Chinese Hut" - love it. "Excellent re-use of the word "hut"." EMBASSY Cleaners turning into KEMBASS(X) Cleaners is pretty damn funny too. My city has a Medical X-Ray Clinic that was converted from a sports bar. The patio railing is still there... but this Chiropractic Clinic with the KFC bucket is much funnier.
  22. Watching the "backwards" episode of Seinfeld in non-reverse sequence on the Season 9 DVD was kind of neat.
  23. Well that's good to know. That and Slap Bet should be good times.
  24. Babu! Anyway, another good episode, but sadly the little Chuck Lorre card at the end (I don't know what their official name is) of "United We Stand" seemed to confirm that this was the last produced episode before the strike (I had read it was either 8 or 9 episodes).
  25. All of the corrections Ted gave to Robin were valid and should be made to anyone making those errors.
×
×
  • Create New...