DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
I think a long, long time ago I rented "D". The instruction booklet suggested turning the lights off to play and my memory was that it was kinda creepy.
-
I don't remember exact details but several years ago my cousin and I received a pizza we didn't quite like. I think we were dining in and their response to us was "yeah, they gave us a new type of dough, a lot of people don't like it". At least they were honest. Pizza Hut is good if you want a pizza you can tell is absolutely awful for you. The crust has this greasy taste to it that you wither love or hate and they seem to have a unique cheese blend that no other chain replicates. Supreme - mushrooms = good stuff. But it's very rarely they I will order from them, I generally stick with local pizzerias.
-
I'm going to a party tonight dressed in a white dress shirt, my older glasses, pens in my pocket, a mocked up "Rolling Rock" beer bottle (since in Canada it's not like I can just walk into a corner store and buy one and the beer stores are to ofar away for one small detail), an NES controller and zapper. I expect exactly 2 people there to "get it".
-
WWE General Discussion - October 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
Merchandise sales beg to differ with DX 06 being a "big mistake", but I'm well aware that ticket sales + merch sales + DVD sales divided by TSM/Internet/"Smart" fans not liking someone/something = Not Over 'round these parts (see Cena, John). -
Sid was on the Raw after WM13 hyiping his match with Bret Hart at Revenge of the Taker and upcoming match with Mankind on Raw the following week. That was the end of him until a 6 man tag at King of the Ring and a cameo appearance the week after Canadian Stampede. I think this has been answered about 4 times throughout different threads, but as WWE 24/7 approaches these Raws, it's easier to answer (I didn't know Sid vs Bret was ever scheduled until last week). Departure reasons range from being asked to job to Bret to softball season, or a bit of both.
-
It was very cruel of them to introduce the Pepperoni Trio pizza then snatch it away, citing "limited time offer".
-
Well since it sounds like "Holiday Season" is what Mole was trying to ax, "Fred Claus" looks interesting for what it is.
-
Because where I come from Winter movie season means the first 3 months in 2008, isn't that Project Cloverfield movie coming out in January?
-
Two reasons I can think of off the top of my head: 1. Capitalizing on his out of character interviews with JR that shed some light on "The Real Goldust". 2. Pillman and Goldust were about to feud anyway.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Fair enough, but when 24/7 programs are ripped off of a DVD, they stay the way they were (ex. Demolition's music being edited out of Mania 5 despite it being used all the time on 24/7). Hopefully if that is the match they take it from their SB2 master, but it's all speculation right now. -
But there was only one episode with Carl!
-
I enjoyed it. It's not super funny or anything, but just a "nice" movie with some laughs. On that note, when Steve's character rounded up his daughters to meet somewhere, I turned to one of my friends and said "conference room, 5 minutes". The people in the row below seemed to think that was really funny.
-
That game in a prison that I played in 2004 seemed really creepy. I forget the name now, though.
-
I would have never thought of it, but now that the story suggested it, anyone other than Ed O'Neill getting the starring roll in the spin-off will be a huge letdown to me.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
I expect the Pillman match to just be ripped off of the DVD (my bet is on Pillman vs Lyger from Superbrawl II), but I've been surprised before by the Shorties choices. -
Good questions sports fan. Something about Jericho not being on Raw and people wanting to watch Impact, I think.
-
WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in WWE Multimedia
Well they could do a swerve and show a really awful WCW match for the US title between Hart and Piper. But yeah, it will be nice to see this in pristine digital quality (my VHS tape from the Mania Collection won't even play on my main TV anymore - actually, none of those SLP recordings will, my widescreen just gives me a "No Signal" message and shows a black screen). -
FIRREDD fits the JARRETT speaking pattern much closer though...
-
That is the official WWE.com preview for the month. Thanks to Sunflower, here is the week by week breakdown: WEEK 1 - November 1st to November 6th (REMINDER: THIS IS AN OFF WEEK. THE NEW SCHEDULE DOES NOT START UNTIL LATE WEDNESDAY - DO NOT CHECK YOUR GUIDES AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT LOOKING FOR NEW CONTENT): Free Section: WWE 24/7 November Preview Families of Wrestling Preview Divas Preview Survivor Series Preview Legends: Hall of Fame Retrospective - Roddy Piper Roddy Piper vs. Jake Roberts Roddy Piper vs. Paul Orndorff Roddy Piper vs. Bret Hart Big Ones: Survivor Series 1990 (2 parts) SummerSlam 2007 TV Classics: History of ECW - January 21, 1996 NWA Wrestling - January 4, 1986 World Class - January 22, 1983 Primetime Wrestling - August 3, 1987 Shorties: Brian Pillman Ernie Ladd vs. Bruno Sammartino Goldberg vs. Hollywood Hogan (Summer of 1998) Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (WrestleMania XI) Vader vs. Ric Flair Week 2 - November 7th to November 13th: Legends: Most Powerful Families Viva Las Divas Big Ones: MSG - December 28, 1990 TV Classics: Monday Night War - April 7, 1997 Tuesday Night Titans - February 8, 1996 Week 3 - November 14th to November 20th: Legends: Roddy Piper vs. Hulk Hogan Roddy Piper vs. Mr. T Roddy Piper vs. Greg Valentine Big Ones: Survivor Series 95 (2 parts) TV Classics: History of ECW - January 28, 1996 NWA Wrestling - January 11, 1986 Saturday Night's Main Event - November 26, 1988 Primetime Wrestling - August 10, 1987 Shorties: Dr. Death Tag Match (*crosses fingers for a MVC vs Steiners match... or something better I've never seen*) Kevin Greene vs. Mongo McMichael Ron Simmons vs. Cactus Jack The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin William Perry Week 4 - November 21st - November 27th: Legends: AWA Turkey Day Turmoil (might be a "Big One" - sometimes it's hard to tell where smaller events end up) Big Ones: Boston Gardens - November 9, 1985 TV Classics: Monday Night War - April 21, 1997 Tuesday Night Titans - March 3, 1987 (a month leap!) _____ Hopefully we get some good stuff out of the "mystery" Shorties (I would be really pleased if "Flair vs Vader" is the Starrcade 93 match... I can't imagine it being anything else). I have some nostalgic love for Survivor Series 1990 even though from a work rate perspective I realize it's not that great. I'll be sure to record that and 1995, which is pretty great, and finally own them. In 12 months this channel has made getting a good recording of Survivor Series 87, 90, 93, and 95 possible so kudos. Also glad we'll be seeing the awesome ambulance angle from the 4/21/97 Raw this month.
-
Wasn't it F I Double R E Double D (FIRREDD)?
-
According to wikipedia, "Magic Lord" has a really cool fantasy style box art design. Does the game match this?
-
The angrier people get the funnier this is.
-
Even better would be the ability to use photos off of an SD card for a background image.
-
Yeah, well, let me know when you all have weekly newsletters with in depth analysis and news on what's happening (with some humour thrown in for good measure) in wrestling that's accurate 90-100% of the time and I'll gladly subscribe.
-
I enjoyed the show, seems most of the people who wrote in for WO.com feedback did too. One guy gave it thumbs down because Jericho didn't appear; I wrote in with my comments this morning saying anyone paying $40 to see someone cut a promo deserves what they got.