Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. I've been seeing the trailer for a lot of the movies I've been to recently and I'm really looking forward to this one. I'll be seeing it next Tuesday for sure.
  2. Our Tuesday movies last night were Halloween and Balls of Fury (I guess we wanted to make this week as mediocre as possible) and the funniest thing I saw all night was Mini Michael (the kid wearing the iconic mask). That just looked so damned funny.
  3. Happy Birthday, Mole. I hope you defiantly enjoy the deluxe Office Season 3 package.
  4. I was thinking last night it would be awesome if it was Big Show because that would pay off the fact he's a bastard in WWE canon.
  5. I don't mean to sound like a shill for WWE's pimping old their video library, but starting this month on 24/7 Online, they're showing 2 full episodes of Raw a month from the beginning. Considering the 93-95 Raws don't get shown on 24/7 OnDemand (they started in 1995 for the Monday Night Wars series), this is a really cool move by 24/7 Online.
  6. Awesome news, thanks for the update Flairfan. As I said, I didn't really want to blame WWE for this but last summer I noticed someone told PWInsider that the Cable Companies were telling people it's WWE's fault for content problems (and Comcast told you this too), so you hear it enough and you assume that's the case. This is going to push me to contact Cogeco about the fact they are not showing recent PPVs or the Legends Roundtable shows. Also, the news that 24/7 Online is showing the old Raws that 24/7 OnDemand didn't (because they are not part of the Monday Night War) is TREMENDOUS news. Thumbs up on that move.
  7. Chain: Swiss Chalet - a staple of Canadian family dining, their "Chalet Sauce" makes anything taste 50x better (especially their fries, which are already really good, and I'm not a fry person). Mandarin Buffet - I've only been there once in London but that was enough to convince me they're awesome. Subway - Tuna sub on honey oat (toasted) with orange cheddar (natural? American? I don't know the real name for this and always tell them "orange", but then that's the name they've given to me too) with lettuce and green pepper. Local (Windsor, Ontario): Backroad Cafe - great breakfast and prices, excellent turkey club. Penalty Box - allegedly famous in the area for their "Chicken Delight" (it is REALLY good, and you can swap chicken for steak too). Again going to this dislike of fries I seemed to aquire when I got older, they have fries I'll actually eat (more like wedges) and if you happen to get some sauce leaking out of your chicken delight, they taste great with that (they also have a meaty marinara sauce that are supposed to be for mozzarella sticks, but damn do the wedges taste good dipped in that). El Zucalos - Mexican place in Detroit. Probably nothing about it makes it better than the 5 other Mexican restuarants on the same block but we've been going there since the 80s and their super nacho and flaming cheese has shown more consistency in being equally good (the other places nearby tended to have one of them bad and one of them very good).
  8. Gorilla always knew technical names for muscles and body parts. For what it's worth, he did have a degree in physical education and physiotherapy. Heenan: ... yeah, he kicked him in the, uh, cervial dervial part of the back. Monsoon: Will you stop!
  9. Wikipedia says (with some reference I didn't check) that the move to a CGI movie eliminated Bill's decision to not do a live-action sequel. He loves voicing CGI characters, afterall.
  10. I would have stopped at $100. Also, I didn't realize Gorilla Monsoon was an expert at reading X-rays.
  11. Glad to hear that Ghostbusters game is going into production. *Venkman check's Dana's fridge* Venkman: Oh, my *God*. Look at all the junk food! Dana: Oh, dammit. Look, this wasn't here... Venkman: You actually eat this? Dana: Look, this wasn't here! There was *nothing* here! There was this... space! And there was a building or something with flames coming out of it, and there were creatures writhing around, and they were growling and snarling. And there were flames, and I heard a voice say "Zuul"! It was right here. Venkman: Well, I'm sorry, I'm just not getting any reading. Dana Barrett: Well, are you sure you're using that thing correctly? Venkman: Well, I... I think so, but I'm sure there are no animals in there. Venkman: We've been going about this all wrong, this Mr. Stay Puft's okay, he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble (this is probably one of my favourite lines now but I didn't even get it in the 80s).
  12. Butch Reed's promo against Billy Graham amused me greatly ("One thing Billy Graham will never have over me is being natural"). Ted DiBiase's segment was awesome too.
  13. Ok, I've waited 10 pages. What the hell is "Sexy Phun Girls"?
  14. They shouldn't have been so unprofessional during a time where the company is being forced to make examples out of people. Just dumb on their part.
  15. It's odd how Jimmy Hart is going on about Hulk Hogan and how he's going to win his 6th world title from Yokozuna on Global Warfare. Wasn't he more or less considered gone after KOTR 93 (outside of a bunch of house show bouts he and Beefcake teamed for)?
  16. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rb9sfvvsSA Just seems appropriate a decade later.
  17. "... then dickless here shut down our power" "Is that true?" "Yes, your honour... this man has no dick".
  18. "Look up" automatically made me think it was Sting up in the rafters. That's what happens when you watch old Nitros on 24/7.
  19. This was a bizarre piece of business I saw in a house show report: "After the match, Finlay was bullying Tony Chimel around, and after a few slaps, Chimel gave Finlay a stunner. After Finlay got up, Jim Korderas gave Finlay another stunner. Once again, as Finlay got up, Chimel gave him a 3rd stunner in a row."
  20. Season 4B or Season 5? Semantics's aside, that was an enjoyable episode. I must not have been paying attention last week because I didn't even realize until reading this thread that Anna fired E. That was a pointless story arc. Ari sleeping through Medellin was great.
  21. I approve of this thread.
  22. It's hardcore and therefore contains Psychos, Sickos, Maniacs and Monsters, which is October's theme. WWE Superstar Snitsky brings you classic matches featuring some of the most dangerous “Psychos, Sickos, Maniacs and Monsters” in wrestling history. Featured Superstars include Terry Funk, Bruiser Brody, Buzz Sawyer, Abdullah the Butcher, Kane, the Missing Link, Killer Kowalski, Kevin Sullivan, Mad Dog Vachon and more.
  23. The 12/24 ECW show is very entertaining. Tazz throwing out his host script was good stuff and as for the show itself, the Cactus Jack home videos were priceless.
  24. One Night Only won PYBO. Next month has a Halloween theme again but it's a bit of a change up from last year. Big Ones includes Badd Blood and Hardcore Heaven 97.
×
×
  • Create New...