Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. KOTOR was the first thing that came to mind as meeting many of those requirements but I seem to recall you saying you hated that game and engine, which is why you didn't like FF XII (another good example).
  2. Fair enough dub, but unemployed people (or kids) can sit around not paying taxes and it's not like you need to have a job to get an OHIP card (or provincial equivalent). Then again we pay 14% tax on everything we buy. Last time I remember calling a Nintendo rep was around 1994 when a friend of mine wiped some dust off of the TV while holding one of my SNES controllers. He got a static shock and this managed to totally mess up the controller so Nintendo sent me a free one.
  3. I also think I've seen them in the frozen food section of Dollar Tree on a Michigan outing, but then again that might have been Banquet Brand frozen dinners with a NASCAR driver on the front of the box. I also recall having a burger at the Nascar Cafe at the Sahara in Las Vegas, seemed good. Off that topic and back to S-Club 7, is that Hannah picture recent? I don't recall her looking like that in 1999. Good stuff.
  4. Rachel > Hannah.
  5. Classic Larry. Anyway, due to me not having The Movie Network in Canada during Season 5's original airdate (and then finding myself never taking the time to watch it when it aired on basic cable 2 years later), what went down that caused Larry and Marty Funkhauser to become pals? They seemed quite at odds in Season 4.
  6. The amount I'm loving this DVD's deleted scenes and director's cut episodes is exaclty why I never, ever went to nbc.com after an episode. Saved it all for September! The deleted scene where Michael gave someone (Creed?) a Bob Marley t-shirt and said "they love Milli Vanilli in Jamaica" had me laughing out loud for about 2 minutes. Seriously. For the profitability of the series, it's awesome that's it's on network TV, but sometimes with the amount of deleted scenes you just think, "Wow, this show could be even BETTER has a 30 minute no commercial series on HBO". Plus Andy would have been allowed to actually swear when he goes nuts (not that I'm saying The Office would be awesome if everyone cursed all the time). I think the "Love you Long Tim" cold opening is too strong to be thrown into deleted scenes for the director's recut of Traveling Salesmen / The Return, but overall I really do like the recut version. It was funny watching the DC of Branch Closing and seeing two sub-plots I remembered absolutely nothing about (Creed selling things and Meridith searching for the guy she made a sex pact with), then realizing they were added in... or I really did forget about them. I had also just marathoned Season 2 before starting Season 3, it was interesting to catch things that wereS2 references I didn't catch the first time (Michael's sugar crash from the pretzel was alluded to in the Birthday episode when Jim notes Michael has previously eaten his cake, ran around, and fallen asleep from a sugar crash and Michael saying "win, win, win" - the best possible resolution from "Conflict Resolution" - after getting his raise, to name two).
  7. Yeah, the last time EGM did a "greatest games" list, they called it a "Greatest Games of Their Time" list and thus ranked games on their historical significance and quality at the time of their release. The fact that the FPS genre has evolved by leaps and bounds in the past decade (and I'm hearing even more so on the PC than, which you've displayed an immense knowledge of compared to me) won't change the fact that GoldenEye is probably one of the best game ever released on the Nintendo 64. Perfect Dark came and went but my group of friends were still using Mr. Bond as their choice of multiplayer fun before ultimately phasing the N64 out of our gaming rotation.
  8. Well damn me for marathoning Season 2 and 3 of The Office this morning, I missed my chance to motivate WWM with inside jokes (and by doing so in the past, totally invalidated any thought him or I could ever come up with in the future). Seriously though, I posted this after basically just reading the part about me, so glad to see everyone went on to have discussions about the games and not Schrute bucks and such. For the record, I'm actually a nostalgist. I was psyched when I saw a second Taito Legends game AND a Fatal Fury Anthology at the mall last night.
  9. Even though 24/7 is currently editing out Benoit, apparently one questionable individual appeared on Nitro this week without editing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Rogers
  10. For reference, this is the letter WWE sent out in regards to receiving the BBB complaint: Dear Mr Name; Please understand that WWE has absolutely no control over what content reaches your system on a weekly basis. WWE sends the programming to Comcast and Comcast distributes it to their many systems. The appearance of content on your On Demand menu should be automatic, but sometimes there are glitches with this rather new technology and the individual systems need to be alerted to MANUALLY PUSH the content onto the user interface. Thanks very much for your patience. Hopefully Comcast will make it a point to pay specific attention to the WWE refresh on your system from now on. Very truly yours, Jim Brown WWE Director of Operations
  11. Good call, brother. I enjoyed both Nitro and Raw this go. The pop for Hardbody Harrison going into the pool (as well as all near pool spots) was great. It's like that line in The Death of WCW, "There are some believe that if someone was thrown into a pool every week on Nitro, it would still be on the air today". I couldn't help but laugh at Sid's promos on Raw. Mankind's promo en route to dropping some of the more heelish traits of the old Mankind character was good too. I seem to recall him doing a promo where he said if you couldn't believe he had a wife and kids, change the channel to some other wrestling show. I look forward to seeing if that promo happens soon or if I just imagined it.
  12. WWE.com has an article about the "5 year history" of the World Title, so for those of you who enjoy giving yourselves headaches over WWE's often contradictory stance on the legacy of that belt, that's one more thing to consider.
  13. Cyber Sunday is after No Mercy though, correct? I'm wondering if Batista will find his way into some sort of title match on that show too.
  14. Why, none of those men appear to be Rey Mysterio at all.
  15. I watched my Backlash 2007 DVD on Sunday. It is so weird hearing the 24/7 ECW theme being used as the theme. I imagine a lot of people who have the DVD won't make that connection, but for 24/7 subscribers I imagine it's pretty funny.
  16. That match would have happened 4 years after the Raw you quoted me talking about (though in fairness I made a second post about my being happy that "In Your Eye" was retained as a theme after me thinking it was going to be edited like previously). There's a funny edit on Nitro. Sullivan begins listing Piper's potential 4 Horsemen partners, "even my good friend *random crowd cut* Arn!"
  17. Wow, colour me impressed - obviously they edited out "Beautiful People" from Raw is War but the music they used as a replacement, I thought they didn't have the rights too either. I could just be mixed up, but I figured if they lost "Thorn", they couldn't use this music either (and had to use the generic music heard in the pre-SummerSlam Raw and the Christmas 97 Raw from last year).
  18. So would that mean Punk would be losing it in Chicago at No Mercy?
  19. And all my updates arrived (except ONS is still MIA). I'm watching the 1st Raw on 24/7 Online as synergy for watching the 1st Raw is War later tonight. It's odd having Koko's theme music as what I associate with heel Owen Hart, but I don't really remember High Energy's music to begin with (I'm assuming this was an audio edit).
  20. Oops, just noticed I forgot to edit out two Comcast mentions in my letter to Cogeco. Oh well.
  21. This is the e-mail I just sent Cogeco. Hopefully it gets things moving since yeah, there does appear to be a big problem with their auto loader. "I have been a subscriber to WWE 24/7 for some 13 months now. In this time, there have been various problems with proper content issues. This has not just been a Cogeco issue, but an issue I have discussed with people across North America via the internet. For the past many months, my main content problem has been that "The Big Ones" has not contained Pay-Per-View that are recent (24/7 airs recent PPV broadcasts on about a 3 month) and the "Pick Your Big One" (a program voted on by users at WWE.com). There has also been a lack of original 24/7 programming in the Legends area. On top of this, there have been sporadic issues with content arriving late but it has generally not been a problem. However, last week's content update was at least 72 hours late (it should have been available Wednesday at midnight, I did not see it until Saturday evening). And now this morning, I noted the expected content had also not arrived yet. There has been a lot of communication between cable companies and subscribers in other markets where the company has told the subscriber it is WWE's fault for not sending the content (I would like to point out that no one from Cogeco has responded to any of my previous inquires on the matter). Because of this, a few of us on the internet went to the Better Business Bureau to complain about WWE 24/7's content problems. One individual received a letter from WWE's Director of Operations explaining that the problem with content actually lies with the cable company, though some are not aware of it due to the newness of the technology. Here is what the letter in question said: "Dear <customer>; Please understand that WWE has absolutely no control over what content reaches your system on a weekly basis. WWE sends the programming to Comcast and Comcast distributes it to their many systems. The appearance of content on your On Demand menu should be automatic, but sometimes there are glitches with this rather new technology and the individual systems need to be alerted to MANUALLY PUSH the content onto the user interface. Thanks very much for your patience. Hopefully <American cable company> will make it a point to pay specific attention to the WWE refresh on your system from now on. Very truly yours, Jim Brown WWE Director of Operations" I am hoping that by passing this information on to you, I can enjoy WWE 24/7 to the full extent I am supposed to be as well as anyone else in this market that subscribes (or could subscribe in the future). I look forward to watching WWE 24/7 On Demand for the foreseeable future with no intentions of canceling it, so hopefully the content issues can be resolved. Thanks much, Stephen Gray"
  22. You'd think TNA would have realized the problem in hiring Test in the first place, but it's TNA. I'm actually shocked they took this extra step with it.
  23. The schedule I copied from Sunflower and posted on page 1 says there should be a new TNT as well.
  24. One of my friends heard that the "major WWE star" that threatened to quit was Jim Ross. Not sure where that came from but this is just as surprising. I assume things will work out in the end, though.
  25. No updates today. Time to write Cogeco a (totally professional and polite, as always) e-mail referencing flairfan's letter from the WWE about content issues.
×
×
  • Create New...